North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1683)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - tyresmoke - 16 Jan 2016

(16 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm)LeeCalder I'm referring to visitors to the area, not locals....

I'll agree with you on that one. When I go to other areas (ie not standing in Stockton or Middlesbrough all day) like my recent visit to Kent, personally I find that the branded routes are easier to look at and understand. They stand out (eg the Sapphire and Fastrack routes around Dartford and Chatham) and for me are easier to use, although some of this could be down to the upgraded publicity that goes along with these commercial brands maybe? There has to be more effort put into pushing your commercial brands after spending more than the usual amount on the rebrand I guess, so maybe that makes them easier to understand as a result?

Brands don't have to have a meaning behind them all of the time though. Look at Oyster... What's that got to do with a travel smartcard in London?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - BusLoverMum - 16 Jan 2016

(16 Jan 2016, 9:00 pm)tyresmoke I'll agree with you on that one. When I go to other areas (ie not standing in Stockton or Middlesbrough all day) like my recent visit to Kent, personally I find that the branded routes are easier to look at and understand. They stand out (eg the Sapphire and Fastrack routes around Dartford and Chatham) and for me are easier to use, although some of this could be down to the upgraded publicity that goes along with these commercial brands maybe? There has to be more effort put into pushing your commercial brands after spending more than the usual amount on the rebrand I guess, so maybe that makes them easier to understand as a result?

Brands don't have to have a meaning behind them all of the time though. Look at Oyster... What's that got to do with a travel smartcard in London?

The world (or, rather London, but it is the world to some) is your oyster.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Sorry. Channeling my misspent 80s yoof, now.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Andreos1 - 17 Jan 2016

(16 Jan 2016, 9:00 pm)tyresmoke I'll agree with you on that one. When I go to other areas (ie not standing in Stockton or Middlesbrough all day) like my recent visit to Kent, personally I find that the branded routes are easier to look at and understand. They stand out (eg the Sapphire and Fastrack routes around Dartford and Chatham) and for me are easier to use, although some of this could be down to the upgraded publicity that goes along with these commercial brands maybe? There has to be more effort put into pushing your commercial brands after spending more than the usual amount on the rebrand I guess, so maybe that makes them easier to understand as a result?

For a long time, all the operators did was give a bus a lick of paint and add some decals.
Inside, the bus was no different.

I am glad to see some of the 'extras', such as seating that is different to the standard,make a return - an idea pushed way back when, with ExpressLink, Superliner etc.
However those vehicles often had uprated engines - making them standout on the longer, more punishing routes.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Andreos1 - 17 Jan 2016

Blinds on the 4.
Bournmoor appears as a scrolling via point on the rear blinds ex Houghton. Not on the front though.

Ex Heworth, not on the back. Didn't get the chance to see the front unfortunately.

Noticed it today on 3 vehicles.
I saw 5368 (a 4th vehicle) in both directions.

Any ideas?

edit: I have photos, but unable to upload at the mo.
Will try in a mo.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Dan - 17 Jan 2016

(17 Jan 2016, 4:53 pm)Andreos1 Blinds on the 4.
Bournmoor appears as a scrolling via point on the rear blinds ex Houghton. Not on the front though.

Ex Heworth, not on the back. Didn't get the chance to see the front unfortunately.

Noticed it today on 3 vehicles.
I saw 5368 (a 4th vehicle) in both directions.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure what you think you saw, but the via points are copied and pasted into each different type of display, so the via points are the same regardless of display. All that is ever changed is the terminal point, which remains static, so is sometimes abbreviated (ie Houghton-le-Spr). The rear display is slightly smaller, so the via points aren't shown 'in-sync' with the front display, which may have caused some confusion?

I'll have a look at the programme tomorrow to confirm, but I've had a quick look on Flickr and can see that Bournmoor is included as a via point in both directions on the front display (and taking into consideration what I said above, it should be on the rear display too) - see photos below:

[Image: 16719310326_121ab647ff.jpg]Go North East: 5366 / BX63BDO by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 20110262766_1479e2b59a.jpg]Go North East: 5365 / BX63 BDF (Connections 4) by Lee  Calder, on Flickr

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Michael - 17 Jan 2016

Where abouts was 561 involved in its crash?, it must of took some damage for it to be withdrawn.

Just noticed while checking the news.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Davie - 17 Jan 2016

(17 Jan 2016, 10:09 pm)Michael Where abouts was 561 involved in its crash?, it must of took some damage for it to be withdrawn.

Just noticed while checking the news.
From what I heard the driver tried to stop, but lost control on an icy road and got stuck.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Dan - 18 Jan 2016

(17 Jan 2016, 4:53 pm)Andreos1 Blinds on the 4.

(17 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm)Dan I'll have a look at the programme tomorrow to confirm, but I've had a quick look on Flickr and can see that Bournmoor is included as a via point in both directions on the front display (and taking into consideration what I said above, it should be on the rear display too)

Not sure why, but there is a variance between front and back on the Heworth display. It's missed out completely on the Houghton-le-Spring display, as it coincides with the 'Places served' for this service on Go North East's website (http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/connections-4).

Will be amended the upload next month - ta for giving me the heads up.  Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Go North East - 18 Jan 2016

Fleet Update: 18/01/2016

DAF SB120/Cadets 8254 and 8255 have been withdrawn from Washington and 8254 has been sold to Alpha Recovery, Weetslade together with Dennis Trident/East Lancs 3863: W863 PNL. Also sold are DAF SB120/Cadets 8250, 8251 and 8253 to Trevor Wigley, Carlton.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - S813 FVK - 18 Jan 2016

This isn't necessarily a dispute but what is the difference between 'Delves Lane' and 'Delves' in Consett? I was under the impression that they were the same place.

I only ask because 6128 was allocated to service 826 tonight and I noticed its via points were Hounsgill Drive, Delves Lane and Delves.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - MurdnunoC - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 4:38 pm)S813 FVK This isn't necessarily a dispute but what is the difference between 'Delves Lane' and 'Delves' in Consett? I was under the impression that they were the same place.

I only ask because 6128 was allocated to service 826 tonight and I noticed its via points were Hounsgill Drive, Delves Lane and Delves.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Delves+Lane,+Consett,+County+Durham+DH8/@54.8419171,-1.8267067,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x487dd411eb0e7fc3:0x67c9e5fd36b7c1b8

Delves Lane refers to the area immediately adjacent to Delves Lane, and Delves is the name of the estate situated to the east of Delves Lane.

I know people who live on the latter estate and they refer as to living in Delves Lane. Colloquially, the terms of interchangeable.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Dan - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 4:47 pm)MurdnunoC https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Delves+Lane,+Consett,+County+Durham+DH8/@54.8419171,-1.8267067,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x487dd411eb0e7fc3:0x67c9e5fd36b7c1b8

Delves Lane refers to the area immediately adjacent to Delves Lane, and Delves is the name of the estate situated to the east of Delves Lane.

I know people who live on the latter estate and they refer as to living in Delves Lane. Colloquially, the terms of interchangeable.

Cheers.

I believe last year's St. Bede's scholars timetable gave both 'Delves' and 'Delves Lane' as timing points, and the via points for the St. Bede's scholars services were made last year with terminal and via points coinciding with the timetable on the company's website.

This year, both estates seem to be down as 'Delves Lane' on the timetable. As you say, the names for both estates seem to be interchangeable.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - S813 FVK - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 4:47 pm)MurdnunoC https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Delves+Lane,+Consett,+County+Durham+DH8/@54.8419171,-1.8267067,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x487dd411eb0e7fc3:0x67c9e5fd36b7c1b8

Interesting.

As you've probably gathered already, i have always referred to that area as 'Delves Lane' and only ever said 'Delves' to shorten it down rather than directly referring to the place itself.

Thank you anyway.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - LeeCalder - 18 Jan 2016

The "Stopping" sign on 5401 is slightly broken...

When the bell is pushed, only the "g" illuminates.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - citaro5284 - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 5:09 pm)LeeCalder The "Stopping" sign on 5401 is slightly broken...

thanks

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - MurdnunoC - 18 Jan 2016

Ain't nuthin' but a G thang.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - G-CPTN - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 4:54 pm)S813 FVK Interesting.

As you've probably gathered already, i have always referred to that area as 'Delves Lane' and only ever said 'Delves' to shorten it down rather than directly referring to the place itself.
From Wiki:-
Delves Lane is a small village near ConsettCounty DurhamEngland, and is not far from the village of Lanchester.
There is a village hall, which was constructed in 1925.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Diamond One - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 5:09 pm)LeeCalder The "Stopping" sign on 5401 is slightly broken...

Same applies to 4981 thus why am not a fan of this bus as it keeps on dinging its bell even though nobody pressed it

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - DanPicken - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 5:16 pm)Diamond One Same applies to 4981 thus why am not a fan of this bus as it keeps on dinging its bell even though nobody pressed it

South Tyne Versas are the same.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Diamond One - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 5:32 pm)DanPicken South Tyne Versas are the same.

Not when am on there not I use that service at least once or twice a week tomorrow I'll be using it