North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1683)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Dan - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 5:36 pm)Diamond One Not when am on there not I use that service at least once or twice a week tomorrow I'll be using it

We've discussed this one before - had a quick rake around but can't find the post. Think Michael brought it up originally?

It happens on all of the 09-plate series Optare Versas (and possibly the 10-plate ones too?) It only happens every now and again - it sounds similar to the bell-push sound, but doesn't actually mean that the bell has been pushed. If I remember rightly, someone explained what it was...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - citaro5284 - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 5:56 pm)Dan We've discussed this one before - had a quick rake around but can't find the post. Think Michael brought it up originally?

It happens on all of the 09-plate series Optare Versas (and possibly the 10-plate ones too?) It only happens every now and again - it sounds similar to the bell-push sound, but doesn't actually mean that the bell has been pushed. If I remember rightly, someone explained what it was...

The ghost of Go Ahead Northern past......

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Jimmi - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 5:56 pm)Dan We've discussed this one before - had a quick rake around but can't find the post. Think Michael brought it up originally?

It seems to be quite common with Optare products in my experience, can often hear them on Solos, wasn't fun the day I got the Scarlet Band 33 from Ferryhill to Sedgefield and the noise was made and had to convince the driver that I hadn't pressed the bell and I didn't want to get off in Mainsforth! :s

Think it's some sort of warning noise or something like that?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Davie - 18 Jan 2016

I think the 10-plate ones (Well the ones I've used) are usually fine.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - NK53 TKT - 18 Jan 2016

On the QuayLink Versas this does not happen, on the Lambton Worm examples this does happen

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - NK53 TKT - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 6:09 pm)Jimmi It seems to be quite common with Optare products in my experience, can often hear them on Solos, wasn't fun the day I got the Scarlet Band 33 from Ferryhill to Sedgefield and the noise was made and had to convince the driver that I hadn't pressed the bell and I didn't want to get off in Mainsforth! :s

True, when I lived on the route of the 46 this happened, it sounds a bit like McDonalds when you press the bell

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - DanPicken - 18 Jan 2016

6003 has advert boards.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Dan - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 9:36 pm)DanPicken 6003 has advert boards.

busmanT confirmed here that 6001, 6002 and 6003 would be fitted with advertisement holders.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Davie - 18 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 9:36 pm)DanPicken 6003 has advert boards.
So does 8304.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - dannygee - 18 Jan 2016

Will the new solos on NTL have NSA?

(18 Jan 2016, 10:58 pm)dannygee Will the new solos on NTL have NSA?
They'll probably be built to the same spec as the Indigo Solo's.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - RM2186 - 19 Jan 2016

(18 Jan 2016, 6:09 pm)Jimmi It seems to be quite common with Optare products in my experience, can often hear them on Solos, wasn't fun the day I got the Scarlet Band 33 from Ferryhill to Sedgefield and the noise was made and had to convince the driver that I hadn't pressed the bell and I didn't want to get off in Mainsforth! :s

It is indeed a driver warning sound. It sounds when any of the warning lights illuminate on the dash. This could be for anything as simple as a filter change required or low water etc.

The difference between the stopping bell and the warning version is purely that the stopping one rings two tones ( bit like Avon calling adverts used to be) and the warning one rings one tone only. Drivers get used to it after a while and then not stop if it rings once only.

The real problem is that the tone used for both is identical.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Transbus574 - 19 Jan 2016

The sound on the link is what the warning tone does the Bing Bing etc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C-lFA9ez4Ts

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - omnicity4659 - 19 Jan 2016

Can I ask why the 434 destinations have "Bedlington" on the side and rear instead of "Bedlington Station" or "Bedlington Stn"? They're two completely different places, with Bedlington being the town to the west and Bedlington Station being the other part next to the old railway station.

I'm aware that Arriva use "Widdrington" for their services to Widdrington Station, but that's because that area is referred to as "Widdrington", the actual Widdrington is a village to the north. Bedlington Station doesn't get referred to as "Bedlington", and could be misleading.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - R852 PRG - 19 Jan 2016

Got a question. Why is that Olympians are parked up in Stanley and Consett bus stations, yet low-floor vehicles can be clearly seen in the depot? Surely it would be better to have a President or something in case a vehicle breakdown occurs and one has to go into service to keep the service to timetable? All I can really think of is that the drivers like the Olympians, and take them out as a means of commuting from the depot to either bus station, if there is no set vehicle allocation for a staff shuttle?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Davie - 19 Jan 2016

Whilst en-route to College this morning, I noticed both 5222 & 5240 were both chucking smoke out of their exhaust pipe's.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - G-CPTN - 19 Jan 2016

(19 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm)Davie Whilst en-route to College this morning, I noticed both 5222 & 5240 were both chucking smoke out of their exhaust pipe's.

The regulations regarding diesel exhaust smoke stipulate 'just visible' - but it isn't clear whether that refers to the exhaust plume or the vehicle  (ie if the vehicle is 'just visible' . . . )

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Andreos1 - 19 Jan 2016

Noticed a Percy Main Omni parked up with its hazards at the entrance to the TyneTunnel Trading Estate earlier.
Assuming it had been on a 1 and the way it was parked - it looked like it had limped off the main road.
It certainly wasn't the place to park a bus.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Davie - 19 Jan 2016

(19 Jan 2016, 5:46 pm)Andreos1 Noticed a Percy Main Omni parked up with its hazards at the entrance to the TyneTunnel Trading Estate earlier.
Assuming it had been on a 1 and the way it was parked - it looked like it had limped off the main road.
It certainly wasn't the place to park a bus.
The 1 goes nowhere near the Tyne Tunnel, it'll have been on the 9.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - DanPicken - 19 Jan 2016

(19 Jan 2016, 5:53 pm)Davie The 1 goes nowhere near the Tyne Tunnel, it'll have been on the 9.

Or the 19.