North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1683)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - JP6004 - 21 Jan 2016

(21 Jan 2016, 7:09 pm)Diamond One https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/15076584735/ taken ages ago by myself in 2014

You sure it's the 78  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Ryan99 - 21 Jan 2016

Off topic but driver today has mentioned a rumour about streetlites for 20 will have bigger engines than the 60 ones

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Rapidsnap - 21 Jan 2016

Certainly being around that Solo. It has seen use with Scarlet Band and Gateshead Central Taxis.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - JP6004 - 21 Jan 2016

(21 Jan 2016, 7:31 pm)Ryan99 Off topic but driver today has mentioned a rumour about streetlites for 20 will have bigger engines than the 60 ones

I'd imagine they be same spec as red kite streetlites

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 21 Jan 2016

(21 Jan 2016, 7:31 pm)Ryan99 Off topic but driver today has mentioned a rumour about streetlites for 20 will have bigger engines than the 60 ones

(21 Jan 2016, 7:46 pm)JP6004 I'd imagine they be same spec as red kite streetlites

The 20 Streetlites will have a 5.1 Litre, 4 Cylinder Daimler OM904? ( I think its called OM904 )
The Drifter Streetlites have a 5.4 Litre 4 Cylinder Cummns ISBe.

Though the Engine is actually smaller than the Drifters and Red Kites, The Daimlers work better with the Micro Hybrid system so will be around the same in power and no jerking.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Dan - 21 Jan 2016

(21 Jan 2016, 8:30 pm)South Tyne Lad The 20 Streetlites will have a 5.1 Litre, 4 Cylinder Daimler OM904? ( I think its called OM904 )
The Drifter Streetlites have a 5.4 Litre 4 Cylinder Cummns ISBe.

Though the Engine is actually smaller than the Drifters and Red Kites, The Daimlers work better with the Micro Hybrid system so will be around the same in power and no jerking.

Could you please clearly mark all speculation as such?

Very few persons on this forum are able to provide confirmation on the build specification of new vehicles.

I would hate for any confusion to be caused as a result of your posts seemingly confirming information.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - L469 YVK - 22 Jan 2016

(21 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm)Dan Could you please clearly mark all speculation as such?

Very few persons on this forum are able to provide confirmation on the build specification of new vehicles.

I would hate for any confusion to be caused as a result of your posts seemingly confirming information.

I believe that Cummins is also available as an option for Euro 6. Cummins aren't that bad depending on their setup and maintenance TBH.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Andreos1 - 22 Jan 2016

The X9 and X10 are being diverted via the Washington Highway it seems.

Not sure where the road closure is to force the diversion.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Diamond One - 22 Jan 2016

(21 Jan 2016, 7:27 pm)JP6004 You sure it's the 78  Tongue

Typo

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Rapidsnap - 22 Jan 2016

Oh my, I've just done a bit of research, and this Solo that GNE have on loan is quite an interesting vehicle. For you see it is one of the 2 Optare Solo+ (https://www.flickr.com/photos/midlanddeltic/22026227678/in/photolist-8x4zB4-zyob7b-yTWv2w-yTWDzy) to be built. The one in the photo was the electric version which was registered YJ09EZR. The one with GNE YJ10EZB was the diesel version of it.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - BusLoverMum - 22 Jan 2016

(22 Jan 2016, 12:33 pm)Andreos1 The X9 and X10 are being diverted via the Washington Highway it seems.

Not sure where the road closure is to force the diversion.

Just checked my twitter - seems there was an RTC at Testos roundabout.

Actually - this'll be it "The #A184 Felling bypass is closed at the Wardley junction due to a lorry having overturned, diversion on to the A194."

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 22 Jan 2016

(21 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm)Dan Could you please clearly mark all speculation as such?

In a article in Buses Magazine way back in December 2013, Wright only mentioned the 5.1 Litre Daimler OM Enigne in its lineup for both Euro 6 Integrals ( Streetlite, Streetdeck )
Trust me, I know more than just the bus Manufacture's name

(22 Jan 2016, 12:07 am)DaveyBowyer I believe that Cummins is also available as an option for Euro 6. Cummins aren't that bad depending on their setup and maintenance TBH.

Last time I checked Wrightbuses website in December it did include a Option for a Euro 6 Cummins albeit only in the Streetlite MAX yet the Streetlite will never be bilt with one as Wrightbus said in the December 2013 article.

Just checking again now on the Wrightbus Website, The Euro 6 Cummins offering is gone from the Streetlite MAX so literally proves that theres no Cummins offering in the Streetlite.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - citaro5284 - 22 Jan 2016

(22 Jan 2016, 5:44 pm)South Tyne Lad In a article in Buses Magazine way back in December 2013, Wright only mentioned the 5.1 Litre Daimler OM Enigne in its lineup for both Euro 6 Integrals ( Streetlite, Streetdeck )
Trust me, I know more than just the bus Manufacture's name

Last time I checked Wrightbuses website in December it did include a Option for a Euro 6 Cummins albeit only in the Streetlite MAX yet the Streetlite will never be bilt with one as Wrightbus said in the December 2013 article.

Just checking again now on the Wrightbus Website, The Euro 6 Cummins offering is gone from the Streetlite MAX so literally proves that theres no Cummins offering in the Streetlite.

Trust me........you are wrong with what GNE has ordered.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 22 Jan 2016

(22 Jan 2016, 6:15 pm)citaro5284 Trust me........you are wrong with what GNE has ordered.

How? It was leaked onto this very website a few weeks ago.

Solos
Streetdecks
Streetlites

That's what's they ordered

Or if your carrying on the Cummins thing, How the Hell do you order a bus with a engine not even displayed on the Manufactures own website?
Also Streetdecks definitely have only the Daimler option so why even choose a different engine for a Single deck version of the same bus?

Or you've done it on the cheap and ordered yet more Euro 5 Streetlites? Which is unbelievable if it is that.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Dan - 22 Jan 2016

(22 Jan 2016, 6:40 pm)South Tyne Lad Or you've done it on the cheap and ordered yet more Euro 5 Streetlites? Which is unbelievable if it is that.

Of course; you have already told us that Wrightbus and ADL are no longer offering Euro 5... So Go North East couldn't possibly be ordering any further Euro 5 buses...  Rolleyes Rolleyes

On a more serious note - how is it "unbelievable"? Normal customers won't know the difference between a Euro 5 and a Euro 6 bus - it's the internal specification of the vehicle that they will care about! I understand that the difference in cost between the two different models isn't massive, but Euro 5 examples can notably be manufactured a lot quicker than Euro 6 examples.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Michael - 22 Jan 2016

(22 Jan 2016, 6:40 pm)South Tyne Lad How? It was leaked onto this very website a few weeks ago.

Solos
Streetdecks
Streetlites

That's what's they ordered

Or if your carrying on the Cummins thing, How the Hell do you order a bus with a engine not even displayed on the Manufactures own website?
Also Streetdecks definitely have only the Daimler option so why even choose a different engine for a Single deck version of the same bus?

Or you've done it on the cheap and ordered yet more Euro 5 Streetlites? Which is unbelievable if it is that.

Take a guess?

(22 Jan 2016, 6:49 pm)Dan Of course; you have already told us that Wrightbus and ADL are no longer offering Euro 5... So Go North East couldn't possibly be ordering any further Euro 5 buses...  Rolleyes Rolleyes

On a more serious note - how is it "unbelievable"? Normal customers won't know the difference between a Euro 5 and a Euro 6 bus - it's the internal specification of the vehicle that they will care about! I understand that the difference in cost between the two different models isn't massive, but Euro 5 examples can notably be manufactured a lot quicker than Euro 6 examples.

Yes, Most will not see the difference but from a personal point of view if this is yet another Euro 5 order ( Streetdecks are only Euro 6 ) is pushing the boundary's ( Resembling Arriva )

Some bus company's ( First, Stagecoach , and Trent Barton for their B8RLEs ) had a majority Euro 6 order LAST YEAR and will be expected to be ALL EURO 6 this year yet GNE,
Will downgrade and go for yet another Euro 5 order again.
Its a disappointment because GNE are loosing standards by going the easy road.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - G-CPTN - 22 Jan 2016

(22 Jan 2016, 6:57 pm)South Tyne Lad Some bus company's ( First, Stagecoach , and Trent Barton for their B8RLEs ) had a majority Euro 6 order LAST YEAR and will be expected to be ALL EURO 6 this year yet GNE,
Will downgrade and go for yet another Euro 5 order again.
Its a disappointment because GNE are loosing standards by going the easy road.

Were B9TLs seen as 'below standard'?

(22 Jan 2016, 7:43 pm)G-CPTN Were B9TLs seen as 'below standard'?

From past orders no but last years order for the 47, yes it was.

Yes because for one : They were dealer stock with Wifi thrown in
Two : GNE have never ordered Dealer stock before for a long time if not ever.
Three : below
People will argue that B9TLs were the only choice for the Hills out of Blackhall Mill to Rowlands Gill but if that's the case,
How's the Streetdecks meant to cope with the X21 if they end up on them ( Or TTX )? with a route that has a few big inclines especially near Bishop Auckland and fast sections?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016 - Adrian - 22 Jan 2016

(22 Jan 2016, 8:08 pm)South Tyne Lad From past orders no but last years order for the 47, yes it was.

Yes because for one : They were dealer stock with Wifi thrown in
                            Two : GNE have never ordered Dealer stock before for a long time if not ever.
Three : below
People will argue that B9TLs were the only choice for the Hills out of Blackhall Mill to Rowlands Gill but if that's the case,
How's the Streetdecks meant to cope with the X21 if they end up on them ( Or TTX )? with a route that has a few big inclines especially near Bishop Auckland and fast sections?

That's rubbish. If you ordered a new car, it'd still be a new car whether it be built to order or whether it be dealer stock. The only difference is the interior. How do you know WiFi was thrown in, and not ordered separately?