North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Michael - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 6:23 pm)JP6004 8 Olympians
16 Tridents

Sorry JP, you are correct, :Tongue

Hopefully they don't get converted to DDA.... The tridents are the worst buses ever....

Although it doesn't effect me, all my buses around my way are either... Enviro 200's or Gas buses Tongue

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - TEN 6083 - 08 Apr 2016

(05 Apr 2016, 10:39 am)Jimmi The decision to put StreetLite's on the X66 is some sick joke I find, the journey I'm on right now is about two people short of the full capacity (seating and standing). I feel claustrophobic, there is no room for me to move and to make matters worse I'm sat behind the rear wheel arch so the floor is raised up meaning there is little room for my legs and it is killing my dodgy knee.

As soon as I heard this route was getting StreetLite's I predicted this would happen and sure enough it's even worse than I imagined it would be.

Absolute joke!

Got this today for the first time as i wanted Tesco in Gateshead and can echo your sentiments. It took till the 3rd bus to come until I boarded at MetroCentre to get on as there was a large queue which easily filled 2 Streetlites as there was one behind another, I didn't fancy standing the entire journey. These buses are unsuitable for this route. [\Quote]

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - JP6004 - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 6:28 pm)Michael Sorry JP, you are correct, :Tongue

Hopefully they don't get converted to DDA.... The tridents are the worst buses ever....

Although it doesn't effect me, all my buses around my way are either... Enviro 200's or Gas buses Tongue

The more you fart the faster it goes  Big Grin
I don't mind em. I like the design of the front end. Altho the Streetdecks have the award for the nicest face.

(08 Apr 2016, 6:32 pm)TEN 6083 Got this today for the first time as i wanted Tesco in Gateshead and can echo your sentiments. It took till the 3rd bus to come until I boarded at MetroCentre to get on as there was a large queue which filled 2 Streetlites as I didn't fancy standing the entire journey. These buses are unsuitable for this route.[\Quote]

Should of hopped on the 49 and just got X66 back  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - BusLoverMum - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 6:32 pm)TEN 6083 Got this today for the first time as i wanted Tesco in Gateshead and can echo your sentiments. It took till the 3rd bus to come until I boarded at MetroCentre to get on as there was a large queue which easily filled 2 Streetlites as I didn't fancy standing the entire journey. These buses are unsuitable for this route. [\Quote]

The thing is, having a slightly bigger singer decker with what? 10-15% greater seating capacity at most? isn't going to make much difference when there's queues equivalent to several busloads at peak times. There will still be a lot of standees.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - S813 FVK - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 6:38 pm)BusLoverMum The thing is, having a slightly bigger singer decker with what? 10-15% greater seating capacity at most? isn't going to make much difference when there's queues equivalent to several busloads at peak times. There will still be a lot of standees.

Congratulations on getting my first like haha  Smile

For an extra 20 or so seats, I can imagine the running costs being a lot higher than a standard single decker too. Infact, the running costs are the reason why the Streetlites are here in the first place. 

I can imagine the school holidays will have something to do with it, too. School kids going to the Metrocentre and people being off work. It is always going to have a knock-on effect.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Davie - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 2:16 pm)LeeCalder I've seen a fee OmniDekka's moving forward with it on now, and i know Davie has a photo of I think a Solar doing exactly the same. I've seen an Angel Gemini going through Birtley with Bus Reversing on the screen also.

My photo - https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/109436376@N07/26286664446/

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - BusLoverMum - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 6:51 pm)S813 FVK Congratulations on getting my first like haha  Smile

For an extra 20 or so seats, I can imagine the running costs being a lot higher than a standard single decker too. Infact, the running costs are the reason why the Streetlites are here in the first place. 

I can imagine the school holidays will have something to do with it, too. School kids going to the Metrocentre and people being off work. It is always going to have a knock-on effect.

Aye. It wouldn't be unreasonable to run to Saturday frequencies in school holidays, as the Metrocentre is always a lot busier, then.

Thinking of taking the boys there on Monday, as I need something from IKEA and most kids will be back, by then. Both the boys' schools have INSET, that day.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Michael - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 7:52 pm)BusLoverMum Aye. It wouldn't be unreasonable to run to Saturday frequencies in school holidays, as the Metrocentre is always a lot busier, then.

Thinking of taking the boys there on Monday, as I need something from IKEA and most kids will be back, by then. Both the boys' schools have INSET, that day.

Make sure you leave early if your going to IKEA, i once got lost for 3 hours while shopping there haha. (jking btw)

Does your older son want to take a massive detour to the Metrocentre to try out every bus he can?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - S813 FVK - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 7:58 pm)Michael Make sure you leave early if your going to IKEA, i once got lost for 3 hours while shopping there haha. (jking btw)

I actually quite like IKEAs one way system. Keeps you inside for longer if the weather isn't too good outside Smile

(08 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm)S813 FVK I actually quite like IKEAs one way system. Keeps you inside for longer if the weather isn't too good outside Smile

Same, its a decent shop.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Rapidsnap - 08 Apr 2016

You would have thought with a route like the X66, it could qualify for longer single deckers. Mind the only long single deckers that were available were Tri-Axle Omnilinks but they've been discontinued. Mind I'm sure Van Hool can stretch their Van Hool newA330 to them lengths, they've already got tri-axle 12M versions in Aberdeen. Just get the straight-forward diesel version instead of the Hydrogen ones they've got in Aberdeen (that way they fit under the metro bridge on the centrelink)

(08 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm)S813 FVK I actually quite like IKEAs one way system. Keeps you inside for longer if the weather isn't too good outside Smile

Aye, but I inevitably end up wanting to t*** the muppets who walk around the wrong way. There's always one. With a trolley.

6005 is the second to gain the new Red Arrows branding.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 8:34 pm)S813 FVK 6005 is the second to gain the nea Red Arrows branding.

At Eldon squre 1700

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - dannygee - 08 Apr 2016

When will percy main lose the omnicities and gain the other buses?
Will we see the same livery or a fresh new one

(08 Apr 2016, 8:50 pm)dannygee When will percy main lose the omnicities and gain the other buses?
Will we see the same livery or a fresh new one

The Omnicities will move over on the 17th April when changes take place on the 5/50.

Percy Main should get the Eclipse's, which should be allocated to the 19.

As for the 19 getting branded again, they should do.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Tom - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 9:07 pm)Michael The Omnicities will move over on the 17th April when changes take place on the 5/50.

Percy Main should get the Eclipse's, which should be allocated to the 19.

As for the 19 getting branded again, they should do.

Wouldn't surprise me if the 19 got the Citaros from the 61 - though the Eclipses aren't too bad Citaros would be best for a long route like the 19.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - dannygee - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 9:09 pm)Tom Wouldn't surprise me if the 19 got the Citaros from the 61 - though the Eclipses aren't too bad Citaros would be best for a long route like the 19.

Yep you also need a reliable and a bus with power to do ashington. Its a run with hardly any time on it if your late. Plus dont think the depot want to be losing mileage with breakdowns in cramlington, bedlington and further.
Especially when its a hourly service up there.
Thats why the 434/448 is trialling buses to find a reliable bus so it doesnt break down

(08 Apr 2016, 9:14 pm)dannygee Yep you also need a reliable and a bus with power to do ashington. Its a run with hardly any time on it if your late. Plus dont think the depot want to be losing mileage with breakdowns in cramlington, bedlington and further.
Thats why the 434/448 is trialling buses to find a reliable bus so it doesnt break down

That's true but the Eclipse's are quite good buses, although the 19 could be getting the Citaro's, we'll just have to wait and see what happens on the weekend of the changes.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Tom - 08 Apr 2016

(08 Apr 2016, 9:14 pm)dannygee Yep you also need a reliable and a bus with power to do ashington. Its a run with hardly any time on it if your late. Plus dont think the depot want to be losing mileage with breakdowns in cramlington, bedlington and further.

Yeah and it seems quite a popular route up to Cramlington as it runs in front of one of the 57s and also has cheaper fares I think. Not sure on passenger numbers up to Ashington though.