North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Dan - 26 Apr 2016

(25 Apr 2016, 10:59 am)Dan The first example landed at Heysham Docks over the weekend.

This being 5420 - registered NK16 BYA.

It has now arrived at Saltmeadows Road.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Ryan99 - 26 Apr 2016

5325 bells are not working & always has the red stopping sign on

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Michael - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 7:10 am)Dan This being 5420 - registered NK16 BYA.

It has now arrived at Saltmeadows Road.

Will GNE try and get it ready so it can attend the Metrocentre bus rally?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Michael - 26 Apr 2016

Just got this email from GNE:

Newcastle’s yellow Quaylink buses are thriving as passengers experience a more reliable service since it was revamped.

The service is bucking the general trend of falling passenger numbers by retaining its popularity – now making around 2.3 million customer journeys a year.

The new Q1/Q2 services are keeping-to-time much better since Go North East revamped the services to operate every 15 minutes. On average almost 85% of buses are now bang-on-time, up from 79% for the 51/52 services they replaced.

Head of commercial at Go North East, Andrew Tyldsley said: “Our plans are on track to increase passenger numbers over the next three years. The new links we have added to the Quaylink routes are paying off. Our customers are getting a much more reliable service and are paying us back with their loyalty.”

In recent months, the buses were given a fresh, eye-catching make over and new destinations were added to improve the service. Residents of the wider-Gateshead area and those living in Great Park and Gosforth are among those benefitting from new stops added to the Quaylink routes.

Q1 and Q2 buses now link Windy Nook, Felling Square, Heworth, Leam Lane, Springwell, Wrekenton and Gateshead Town Centre with Gateshead Quayside, Newcastle city centre and Central Station.

Q3 links Great Park, Regent Centre, Gosforth High Street and Newcastle city centre with the Theatre Royal, Guildhall, Law Courts, Ouseburn Valley, Hoults Yard, St Peters Basin and Spillers Quay.

Quaylink buses run up to every 15 minutes during the day, and every 30 minutes in the evening and have audio next stop announcements.

The Quaylink is a vital service for many commuters getting to work, and also to tourists wanting to access all the best attractions Newcastle and Gateshead have to offer.

For more information - https://www.simplygo.com/all-services/quaylink

It seems the Quaylink passengers have increased which is good, hopefully WIFI is installed soon.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Andreos1 - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 11:32 am)Michael Just got this email from GNE:

Newcastle’s yellow Quaylink buses are thriving as passengers experience a more reliable service since it was revamped.

The service is bucking the general trend of falling passenger numbers by retaining its popularity – now making around 2.3 million customer journeys a year.

The new Q1/Q2 services are keeping-to-time much better since Go North East revamped the services to operate every 15 minutes. On average almost 85% of buses are now bang-on-time, up from 79% for the 51/52 services they replaced.

Head of commercial at Go North East, Andrew Tyldsley said: “Our plans are on track to increase passenger numbers over the next three years. The new links we have added to the Quaylink routes are paying off. Our customers are getting a much more reliable service and are paying us back with their loyalty.”

In recent months, the buses were given a fresh, eye-catching make over and new destinations were added to improve the service. Residents of the wider-Gateshead area and those living in Great Park and Gosforth are among those benefitting from new stops added to the Quaylink routes.

Q1 and Q2 buses now link Windy Nook, Felling Square, Heworth, Leam Lane, Springwell, Wrekenton and Gateshead Town Centre with Gateshead Quayside, Newcastle city centre and Central Station.

Q3 links Great Park, Regent Centre, Gosforth High Street and Newcastle city centre with the Theatre Royal, Guildhall, Law Courts, Ouseburn Valley, Hoults Yard, St Peters Basin and Spillers Quay.

Quaylink buses run up to every 15 minutes during the day, and every 30 minutes in the evening and have audio next stop announcements.

The Quaylink is a vital service for many commuters getting to work, and also to tourists wanting to access all the best attractions Newcastle and Gateshead have to offer.

It seems the Quaylink passengers have increased which is good, hopefully WIFI is installed soon.

I may be missing the obvious, but won't the integration and inclusion of the 51/52 and the Great Park service with the Q services lead to a natural increase?

You have 5 services that each carried their own passengers, merged in to 3.

I would be worried if it led to a decrease.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - LeeCalder - 26 Apr 2016

There's obviously going to be an increase if they have merged four services

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - NK53 TKT - 26 Apr 2016

It seems they won't say how many Q3's are on time Angel 
Maybe they don't want to accept how pathetic it is Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - mb134 - 26 Apr 2016

Can anyone help me out with what's happening with the 19, I don't check this thread all that regularly, so I'm completely lost.

I've seen a few different vehicles on it the past few days, and I know that the previously branded Omni's have gone elsewhere. What's the correct allocation now, will it get a new brand?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Davie - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 5:45 pm)mb134 Can anyone help me out with what's happening with the 19, I don't check this thread all that regularly, so I'm completely lost.

I've seen a few different vehicles on it the past few days, and I know that the previously branded Omni's have gone elsewhere. What's the correct allocation now, will it get a new brand?

5243-5247 are now Washington based and will be branded Whey Aye 50, for service's 5 & 50, 4978-4982 should be allocated to the 19.

(26 Apr 2016, 5:45 pm)mb134 Can anyone help me out with what's happening with the 19, I don't check this thread all that regularly, so I'm completely lost.

The correct allocation is Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse vehicles - fleet numbers 4978 to 4982. These just carry Go North East's corporate livery.

I am guessing the different vehicles you've seen on it the past few days are the peak-time runs? These do occasionally throw up wrong allocations - usually whichever single deck is left in the depot.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Adrian - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 12:28 pm)LeeCalder There's obviously going to be an increase if they have merged four services

I'm not sure how that would be the case? Would the figures they've compared not be against the previous four services combined?

I reckon the direct link to Newcastle on the Q1/Q2 accounts for some of that growth, as passengers are no longer changing at Gateshead.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Crusader - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm)Adrian I'm not sure how that would be the case? Would the figures they've compared not be against the previous four services combined?

I reckon the direct link to Newcastle on the Q1/Q2 accounts for some of that growth, as passengers are no longer changing at Gateshead.

Indeed - if they are no longer changing at Gateshead then that means there would be a reduction in the number of passengers (as they would have boarded two buses now only one) - so to see a growth in passengers seems like it really is a growth and not just some spin of the figures

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - mb134 - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 5:48 pm)Davie 5243-5247 are now Washington based and will be branded Whey Aye 50, for service's 5 & 50, 4978-4982 should be allocated to the 19.

(26 Apr 2016, 5:48 pm)Dan The correct allocation is Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse vehicles - fleet numbers 4978 to 4982. These just carry Go North East's corporate livery.

I am guessing the different vehicles you've seen on it the past few days are the peak-time runs? These do occasionally throw up wrong allocations - usually whichever single deck is left in the depot.

Cheers both,

Regarding different vehicles, I think I'm completely wrong there. I thought I saw a corporate liveried Omnicity today, but it was only a glimpse af the rear, and I've now realised that the B7RLE's have full sized rear destinations. On the other occasions, it's more than likely been a B7RLE as well. (Early morning, not fully awake, so I've just jumped to 'B10' when I've seen the back end of red single deckers)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Crusader - 26 Apr 2016

I haven't had the chance to see the Red Kite since it changed...does anyone have any views on how it is coping for capacity with the mixed single/double deck allocation? Does reliability seem to have improved?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - NK53 TKT - 26 Apr 2016

Can deckers go through the Tyne Tunnel?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Davie - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 6:14 pm)NK53 TKT Can deckers go through the Tyne Tunnel?

Yes.

(26 Apr 2016, 6:15 pm)Davie Yes.

Is there a separate tunnel then just the main tunnel appears to have a 4m height limit and the smallest GNE decker (an olympian) is 4.33m

(26 Apr 2016, 6:30 pm)NK53 TKT Is there a separate tunnel then just the main tunnel appears to have a 4m height limit and the smallest GNE decker (an olympian) is 4.33m

The inside lane has a 5.1m maximum headway - it's just the outside lane that has a 4.0m headway. Double deckers therefore have to use the inside lane (which service 9 usually does anyway).

(26 Apr 2016, 6:33 pm)Dan The inside lane has a 5.1m maximum headway - it's just the outside lane that has a 4.0m headway. Double deckers therefore have to use the inside lane (which service 9 usually does anyway).

Ah thank you

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Andreos1 - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm)Adrian I'm not sure how that would be the case? Would the figures they've compared not be against the previous four services combined?

Just random figures like.

Then: 20 people travel to Gateshead on the 51.
5 people get on the Q1 at Gateshead.

Now: 25 people on one service

Then there may be that additional growth you mention.