North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - BusLoverMum - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 9:45 am)Adrian I tend to get a bus up to Clifford Terrace, and jump on the X21 from there. Avoid the queue. Wink

You'd already have been out of luck, today!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - citaro5284 - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 9:48 am)BusLoverMum You'd already have been out of luck, today!

You and big'un already on board, bet u either got front seats upstairs or a table seat  Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Dan - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 9:46 am)NK53 TKT I am hoping the versas are shortly going from the Q3, just 8312 has had some branding removed...

Probably accident damage which has been repaired and is awaiting replacement vinyls.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - BusLoverMum - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 10:04 am)citaro5284 You and big'un already on board, bet u either got front seats upstairs or a table seat  Smile

Upstairs was already full. Ended up crammed in at the back, facing backwards.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - cbma06 - 30 Apr 2016

(29 Apr 2016, 1:43 pm)Michael That's quite nice.

If its going back on the "Fast Cats" then i'm looking forward to seeing the new brand on it.

After the changes in Sunderland there should be enough citarios to go on the X35 and get them wifi up, and unbrand service X36 and stick the ex prince bishop buses branded up for service 61. The X35 need upgrading not downgrading with the same type of bus that's already on.

(29 Apr 2016, 5:08 pm)Michael I would like to see the 61 branded something to do with Dalton Park and Sunderland, especially with the 61 running all night to Dalton Park from the 22nd May.

The cinema at dalton park have started advertising for staff.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Kuyoyo - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 11:28 am)cbma06 After the changes in Sunderland there should be enough citarios to go on the X35 and get them wifi up, and unbrand service X36 and stick the ex prince bishop buses branded up for service 61. The X35 need upgrading not downgrading with the same type of bus that's already on.

6 Citaros enough to cover 7 turns is it The X35 in my honest opinion does not justify an upgrade to Citaro at this point of time. The 61 doesn't justify a downgrade either especially with the Dalton Park improvements.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Michael - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 11:37 am)Kuyoyo 6 Citaros enough to cover 7 turns is it The X35 in my honest opinion does not justify an upgrade to Citaro at this point of time. The 61 doesn't justify a downgrade either especially with the Dalton Park improvements.

I do hope the improvements to Dalton Park attract new passengers to use the 61 and more people to use Dalton Park. 

Wonder if we'll see Arriva start to run to Dalton Park on an evening with the Cinema etc opening, i think they could use the 61 as a guideline, to see how much demand they'll be for it then Arriva will decide if its profitable enough to run the 22 via Dalton Park for rest of the night.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Cock Robin - 30 Apr 2016

3962 looked like broken down on the 21 yesterday afternoon between Gateshead and Angel of the North (heading south).

(30 Apr 2016, 11:37 am)Kuyoyo 6 Citaros enough to cover 7 turns is it The X35 in my honest opinion does not justify an upgrade to Citaro at this point of time. The 61 doesn't justify a downgrade either especially with the Dalton Park improvements.

Did you count the spare WTX citario aswell, the buses that are on are unreliable and also at present there's a different variety of buses that are getting used. Service 61 is used by all sorts as the silver citarios are used elsewhere on other services.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Kuyoyo - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 11:57 am)cbma06 Did you count the spare WTX citario aswell, the buses that are on are unreliable and also at present there's a different variety of buses that are getting used. Service 61 is used by all sorts as the silver citarios are used elsewhere on other services.

No and for good reason - it's the spare for the X7! The X35 doesn't warrant Citaros and nor does the 61 justify being downgraded to vehicles older than the Cadets used when the service was branded 'Drifter'.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Andreos1 - 30 Apr 2016

(29 Apr 2016, 5:45 pm)JP6004 Well I can't imagine them painting any of the older reg blue since they are among the oldest Scania's. Saying that the Green Arrows vary from 2001-2004

I am curious to see whether these newer vehicles are repainted in-line with the repaint seen yesterday.

The reduction of the PVR for the 36 indicates the priorities lie elsewhere.
The fact it doesn't interwork with the 35 and is a stand alone service...
Solars and a new brand for the 36?
The Mercs seen on the 36 currently, could be used elsewhere then

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Michael - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 12:05 pm)Kuyoyo No and for good reason - it's the spare for the X7! The X35 doesn't warrant Citaros and nor does the 61 justify being downgraded to vehicles older than the Cadets used when the service was branded 'Drifter'.

The Scania's aren't bad on the X35, I don't think it'll get new buses so only thing would be for it to get buses past down from another service and currently i only see Citaro's, whether that ever happens... no idea. 

I still think that GNE should replace the 53 reg "Fast Cats" with 54 Reg ones.

Is 4955 repainted?, i can't remember if someone did a post about it.

(30 Apr 2016, 12:15 pm)Andreos1 I am curious to see whether thesl newer vehicles are repainted in-line with the repaint seen yesterday.

The reduction of the PVR for the 36 indicates the priorities lie elsewhere.
The fact it doesn't interwork with the 35 and is a stand alone service...
Solars and a new brand for the 36?
The Mercs seen on the 36 currently, could be used elsewhere then

The reduction of the 36 PVR is only 1, i'm hoping the Citaro which will become spare will become a spare for the 35/36 and 60, I hope we don't see a downgrade, they've just branded them. 

The Solar's from the Prince Bishops are likely to replace routes with duel door B10's or Cadets, well that's my thought anyway.

(30 Apr 2016, 12:05 pm)Kuyoyo No and for good reason - it's the spare for the X7! The X35 doesn't warrant Citaros and nor does the 61 justify being downgraded to vehicles older than the Cadets used when the service was branded 'Drifter'.

So how come the spare WTX citario gets used on deptford routes while an indigo solo on X7!. Everybody has different point of views in case you forget, any member can suggest information

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Andreos1 - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 12:21 pm)Michael The reduction of the 36 PVR is only 1, i'm hoping the Citaro which will become spare will become a spare for the 35/36 and 60, I hope we don't see a downgrade, they've just branded them. 

The Solar's from the Prince Bishops are likely to replace routes with duel door B10's or Cadets, well that's my thought anyway.

I was surprised to see the Mercs appear on it to be honest.
Although nice vehicles, they seem to be wasted, particularly when you look at their capacity.
If you look at the services that were amalgamated with the 36, the 71 never justified owt flash when that ran.
The North Sunderland Estates only ever had smaller vehicles allocated too.

Now we are seeing the Silksworth section return and the hospital portion removed - along with the Town End Farm extension.

(30 Apr 2016, 12:31 pm)Andreos1 I was surprised to see the Mercs appear on it to be honest.
Although nice vehicles, they seem to be wasted, particularly when you look at their capacity.
If you look at the services that were amalgamated with the 36, the 71 never justified owt flash when that ran.
The North Sunderland Estates only ever had smaller vehicles allocated too.

Now we are seeing the Silksworth section return and the hospital portion removed - along with the Town End Farm extension.

Go North East can never get North Sunderland right  Tongue, supposedly these changes to the 36 is so there's a faster bus to the City Centre from Castletown and i think that's only occurred because the 99 is getting withdrawn.

According to a comment by GNE on its Facebook page when changes were post, they said the 35/36 will still serve the Hylton College?, i think that's a mistake, as wasn't it said, the 36 will go through the full Hylton enterprise park to the bridge then via Trimdon Street?

Edit:

Also in North Sunderland, only Stagecoach service which doesn't offer WIFI is the 4, that could be the reason why.... 

None of the GNE services do, unless you count the 56, but that uses Washington Road, so doesn't really enter of the estates.

(30 Apr 2016, 12:40 pm)Michael Go North East can never get North Sunderland right  Tongue, supposedly these changes to the 36 is so there's a faster bus to the City Centre from Castletown and i think that's only occurred because the 99 is getting withdrawn.

According to a comment by GNE on its Facebook page when changes were post, they said the 35/36 will still serve the Hylton College?, i think that's a mistake, as wasn't it said, the 36 will go through the full Hylton enterprise park to the bridge then via Trimdon Street?

Edit:

Also in North Sunderland, only Stagecoach service which doesn't offer WIFI is the 4, that could be the reason why.... 

None of the GNE services do, unless you count the 56, but that uses Washington Road, so doesn't really enter of the estates.

Without checking, I can't remember the new route in North Sunderland.

So if it serves Trimdon St, is it now going to miss Fawcett/John St?

(30 Apr 2016, 12:51 pm)Andreos1 Without checking, I can't remember the new route in North Sunderland.

So if it serves Trimdon St, is it now going to miss Fawcett/John St?

I would think so, which seems daft but its not serving Southwick Green so that's the only other "Fast" route in to Sunderland.

Edit:

Currently GNE haven't uploaded the new route maps yet, hopefully they're put on next week.

------------
Route changes for the 36 are:

Service 36 will be revised in North Sunderland to provide a faster connection between Castletown and the City Centre, omitting Southwick Green, and will now terminate at Castletown, no longer serving Hylton Castle or Town End Farm.

Service 36 will now terminate at Castletown, no longer serving Hylton Castle or Town End Farm.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Dan - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 12:40 pm)Michael According to a comment by GNE on its Facebook page when changes were post, they said the 35/36 will still serve the Hylton College?, i think that's a mistake, as wasn't it said, the 36 will go through the full Hylton enterprise park to the bridge then via Trimdon Street?

I also think that may have been a mistake. Between Sunderland City Centre and Castletown, the route of service 36 is revised to provide a faster bus between these two locations, running via Kier Hardie Way, Hylton Riverside and A1231. It won't serve Trimdon Street and will follow current route as far as the Stadium of Light.

Similarly; 35/35A journeys which commence from Heworth will omit Sunderland Road in Wardley, instead operating direct along A184.