North East Buses
Issues with Google Adwords/Adsense on NEB - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Site (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Problems & Suggestions (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+--- Thread: Issues with Google Adwords/Adsense on NEB (/showthread.php?tid=1817)

Pages: 1 2

Issues with Google Adwords/Adsense on NEB - BusLoverMum - 14 Jun 2016

Just got taken over by a page saying my phone was 28.2% infected by 4 viruses from recent viitd to ault sites. Complete with fake old Google logo.

Time to give up and install an ad blocker, I'm afraid.

RE: Dodgy ads - NK53 TKT - 14 Jun 2016

I'm getting ads for hair transplants

RE: Dodgy ads - Jimmi - 14 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 11:58 am)BusLoverMum Just got taken over by a page saying my phone was 28.2% infected by 4 viruses from recent viitd to ault sites. Complete with fake old Google logo.

I just had something pop up matching that description when I was trying to view the Arriva fleet list on my phone.

RE: Dodgy ads - Adrian - 14 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 11:58 am)BusLoverMum Just got taken over by a page saying my phone was 28.2% infected by 4 viruses from recent viitd to ault sites. Complete with fake old Google logo.

(14 Jun 2016, 9:20 pm)Jimmi I just had something pop up matching that description when I was trying to view the Arriva fleet list on my phone.

If anyone sees anything like this, could you please let us know asap? A screenshot would be handy, so it can be looked into.

RE: Dodgy ads - Jimmi - 15 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 9:53 pm)Adrian If anyone sees anything like this, could you please let us know asap? A screenshot would be handy, so it can be looked into.
This is what I got last night and annoyingly again this morning thanks to my phones annoying new browser that I keep forgetting to close the windows properly.
[Image: 6c1e9dc622e3c08469dc48d8685ea3f9.jpg]

Had the same appear on other sites like Bustimes, the translation thing is just my phone bringing that up and couldn't get rid of it long enough for a screenshot.

RE: Dodgy ads - beefcake - 15 Jun 2016

I'm having the same issue on my phone this morning too

RE: Dodgy ads - MurdnunoC - 15 Jun 2016

Like Jimmi and BusLoverMum, I have also received a similar message when using the internet on my mobile. However I don't think the problem is restricted to just this site as I'm sure it has happened on others too.

EDIT: The one I get is the same as Beefcake's

RE: Dodgy ads - Adrian - 15 Jun 2016

Thanks. It's similar to what I've witnessed on other sites, and it appears to be down to Google's vetting of ads.

It's really concerning that this is affecting users though, and I'll flag it up.

Please keep reporting in the meantime.

RE: Dodgy ads - BusLoverMum - 15 Jun 2016

(15 Jun 2016, 9:05 am)Adrian Thanks. It's similar to what I've witnessed on other sites, and it appears to be down to Google's vetting of ads.

It's really concerning that this is affecting users though, and I'll flag it up.

Please keep reporting in the meantime.

Jimmi's was identical to mine. I'd just posted in the arriva news thread when it came up - not as a pop up, either, as chrome still said I had the same number of tabs. I navigated away using my bookmarks, rather than clicking on any crosses. It was all the more alarming because it triggered a tone and made my phone vibrate when it appeared. I could imagine someone like my MIL being quite thrown if she got this.

Have never successfully taken a screenshot on my phone Blush

(14 Jun 2016, 8:23 pm)NK53 TKT I'm getting ads for hair transplants

Are ye bald, like? Wink

RE: Dodgy ads - Andreos1 - 15 Jun 2016

(15 Jun 2016, 11:50 am)BusLoverMum Are ye bald, like? Wink

Sounds like he has been using the Gillette Venus razors that have been advertised on my phone and got carried away.
I have been using an adblock for the majority of the time when visiting the site, since the posts in the other ad thread. Dabbled on the dark side after seeing these posts and that Gillette was the best that I could get.

RE: Dodgy ads - alibill_36 - 15 Jun 2016

Same as me... three times in the last fortnight complete with vibrating tone only happening on this site at the moment. Not got rid of it yet it's still in the background but not having any impact anywhere on my smartphone.

(15 Jun 2016, 12:06 pm)Andreos1 Sounds like he has been using the Gillette Venus razors that have been advertised on my phone and got carried away.
I have been using an adblock for the majority of the time when visiting the site, since the posts in the other ad thread. Dabbled on the dark side after seeing these posts and that Gillette was the best that I could get.

Venus razors are just a lazy marketing attempt to tell wimmin they can't be trusted with a decent one that works.

RE: Dodgy ads - Andreos1 - 15 Jun 2016

(15 Jun 2016, 1:05 pm)BusLoverMum Venus razors are just a lazy marketing attempt to tell wimmin they can't be trusted with a decent one that works.

You've got it!

RE: Dodgy ads - NK53 TKT - 15 Jun 2016

(15 Jun 2016, 11:50 am)BusLoverMum Are ye bald, like? Wink

No,Ihave a full head of hair  Angel

(15 Jun 2016, 8:17 pm)NK53 TKT No,Ihave a full head of hair  Angel

That must be on account of the special shampoo you use. Big'un looks like he has a full head of hair, but really, it's a massive combover Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(don't tell anyone his secret Wink )

RE: Dodgy ads - NK53 TKT - 15 Jun 2016

(15 Jun 2016, 8:20 pm)BusLoverMum That must be on account of the special shampoo you use. Big'un looks like he has a full head of hair, but really, it's a massive combover Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(don't tell anyone his secret Wink )

I still use Johnson's baby head to toe Angel 

I'm now getting ads for bearded colonel razors

RE: Dodgy ads - biglugs@yahoo.com - 15 Jun 2016

Im getting ads for google

(15 Jun 2016, 8:25 pm)NK53 TKT I still use Johnson's baby head to toe Angel 

I'm now getting ads for bearded colonel razors

You've built up the profile of a 45 year old man Big Grin

(15 Jun 2016, 9:45 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Im getting ads for google

Recursive.

RE: Dodgy ads - NK53 TKT - 16 Jun 2016