North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JP6004 - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 10:55 am)Michael Ah right, that's good, I wonder if this will allow the PVR to drop to 4 on the X84/X85.

Looks like GNE won the Hexham contracts again, sure they were up for renewal this year?
Believe so, wonder if likely to see new solos as part of contract offer

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 11:31 am)JP6004 Believe so, wonder if likely to see new solos as part of contract offer

Me too, not sure on the actual PVR for all the Hexham local services but would be good to see them upgraded, least the Solo's could be moved on to "Little Coasters" to replace some of the older Solo's.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Micheal Aaron - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 11:42 am)Michael Me too, not sure on the actual PVR for all the Hexham local services but would be good to see them upgraded, least the Solo's could be moved on to "Little Coasters" to replace some of the older Solo's.
It's interesting to see Hexham area get some attention. That's an area I feel is Barley touched. Like when was the last time Hexham received timetable changes. That major impact the area

(10 Jun 2021, 11:42 am)Michael Me too, not sure on the actual PVR for all the Hexham local services but would be good to see them upgraded, least the Solo's could be moved on to "Little Coasters" to replace some of the older Solo's.
Is it not 7 plus 2 AD122? Possibly reason why 723 was repainted out of Tynedale Links livery

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Rapidsnap - 10 Jun 2021

Not sure about the change of pick up point in Toon, especially when the 685 still serves Eldon Square, potential to lose overspill from the 685 and X82.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 1:51 pm)Rapidsnap Not sure about the change of pick up point in Toon, especially when the 685 still serves Eldon Square, potential to lose overspill from the 685 and X82.

Huh

It still serves Eldon Square. Unless I'm missing something.
PB0003954/1198 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: St Andrew's Cemetry to Newcastle, Eldon Square via Hexham, Corbridge
Service number: X84 (X85)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 25 Jul 2021

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Adrian - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 11:49 am)Micheal Aaron It's interesting to see Hexham area get some attention. That's an area I feel is Barley touched. Like when was the last time Hexham received timetable changes. That major impact the area

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - OrangeArrow49 - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 2:51 pm)Adrian If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Timetables not being changed does result in buses running behind due to changing traffic levels. 

Reduction in PVR by curtailing the X85 back to Hexham is good for keeping all of the buses consistent, with the new MMCs.

Let's hope Tynedale Links gets a much needed refresh soon, as part of the Hexham changes.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - GNE6312 - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 10:50 am)Thomas12 Looks like the Hexham-Newbrough section on the X85 is being replaced by the new 687, allowing the X84/X85 to be fully operated by the newer MMCs?
Feel sorry for the passengers on that section who are now going to have ti get 2 buses if they want to go to Newcastle, surely GNE should have considered that over the allocation.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Micheal Aaron - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 3:22 pm)GNE6312 Feel sorry for the passengers on that section who are now going to have ti get 2 buses if they want to go to Newcastle, surely GNE should have considered that over the allocation.
Happening in other places

(10 Jun 2021, 3:27 pm)Micheal Aaron Happening in other places
I suppose its fine if passenger numbers are low so its ok if passenger numbers between locations after Hexham on the X85 & stops between Hexham and Newcastle so hopefully GNE have done their research first.

(10 Jun 2021, 3:22 pm)GNE6312 Feel sorry for the passengers on that section who are now going to have ti get 2 buses if they want to go to Newcastle, surely GNE should have considered that over the allocation.
Its Northumberland that tendered the services, if people aren't using the service to Newcastle then why maintain it

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 10 Jun 2021

I don't think the through rate of passengers was that high tbh, same with the 686 being curtailed at Ovington again. Likely be some frequency cuts to go with the curtailment but will just have to see...

I am confused by the apparent terminus of the X84/X85 being St Andrew's Cemetery (Hexham I presume?) as there's nowhere to turn around unless it does some weird loop along the A69 although my suspicions are it will just be a peak time extension and will terminate at the Bus Station for most of the day.

(10 Jun 2021, 3:36 pm)Jimmi I don't think the through rate of passengers was that high tbh, same with the 686 being curtailed at Ovington again. Likely be some frequency cuts to go with the curtailment but will just have to see...

I am confused by the apparent terminus of the X84/X85 being St Andrew's Cemetery (Hexham I presume?) as there's nowhere to turn around unless it does some weird loop along the A69 although my suspicions are it will just be a peak time extension and will terminate at the Bus Station for most of the day.
That's fine if traffic isn't high then

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 10 Jun 2021

Will the 309/310/311 PVR be returning to 16x?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Storx - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 3:36 pm)Jimmi I don't think the through rate of passengers was that high tbh, same with the 686 being curtailed at Ovington again. Likely be some frequency cuts to go with the curtailment but will just have to see...

https://goo.gl/maps/yojCttbstpy97PUu8 - Surely it could turn there, seems more than enough space to get around.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Rapidsnap - 10 Jun 2021

Ah I got confussed. I thought it meant St Andrews Chuch on Newgate Street in Toon. I blame this heat.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - big mac - 10 Jun 2021

(10 Jun 2021, 7:08 pm)Rapidsnap Ah I got confussed. I thought it meant St Andrews Chuch on Newgate Street in Toon. I blame this heat.
Got to admit I did the same thing when I first read it. I thought they must be putting coaches on there so had to move it out of Eldon Square!

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 11 Jun 2021

Sunderland Connect changing to its summer timetable from the Saturday, 26 June 2021.

700 - Sunderland – City Campus – St Peter's Campus - Sunderland

Service 701/702 withdrawn, Summer timetable 700

https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/700-gne-210621_0.pdf

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 14 Jun 2021

Changes to the Durham's Cathedral Bus from the 21st June 2021.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/GNE/40BD?date=2021-06-21&direction=inbound

Looks like both services are returning - but I can't even remember what they were before the pandemic.