North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - G-CPTN - 18 Oct 2016

(18 Oct 2016, 9:25 pm)James101 make a successful new depot.

That's a big step forward, requiring major investment.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 19 Oct 2016

(17 Oct 2016, 3:05 pm)Tom Dan is the 9 definitely being run by Deptford? Wasn't sure if you had confirmed it or not.

If so I can see 5248/9 transferring out of Percy Main, one to Washington as a spare for the 5/50 and one to Riverside for the 12/12A maybe.

I hadn't previously confirmed, but yes, Deptford Drivers were informed about a month ago that they would be taking on all boards of service 9 (including those to North Shields), and have hence been route learning for the past few weeks.

In the interests of fleet standardisation at each depot (that old chestnut), I'd suggest it would make more sense for both 5248 and 5249 to transfer to Washington, replacing two L94s. Washington have now had this vehicle type in their fleet for six months, so know what the common defects are on this vehicle type and how to repair them quickly and efficiently (in terms of cost). All of the OmniCitys at Washington are having work done to them at the moment, hence the regular allocation of 4961-63 to the "Whey Aye Five 0" services.

That will mean Washington have one less vehicle type to worry about (the transfer of 4963 to Percy Main previously mentioned is still outstanding - ie there'd be no Scania L94s housed at Washington), and they can consistently allocate the same vehicle type to deputise for branded vehicles (5248/49 for services 5/50, 5324 for service 4, 3943 for service X1, 705 for the indiGo network, etc).

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Tom - 19 Oct 2016

(19 Oct 2016, 5:10 am)Dan I hadn't previously confirmed, but yes, Deptford Drivers were informed about a month ago that they would be taking on all boards of service 9 (including those to North Shields), and have hence been route learning for the past few weeks.

In the interests of fleet standardisation at each depot (that old chestnut), I'd suggest it would make more sense for both 5248 and 5249 to transfer to Washington, replacing two L94s. Washington have now had this vehicle type in their fleet for six months, so know what the common defects are on this vehicle type and how to repair them quickly and efficiently (in terms of cost). All of the OmniCitys at Washington are having work done to them at the moment, hence the regular allocation of 4961-63 to the "Whey Aye Five 0" services.

That will mean Washington have one less vehicle type to worry about (the transfer of 4963 to Percy Main previously mentioned is still outstanding - ie there'd be no Scania L94s housed at Washington), and they can consistently allocate the same vehicle type to deputise for branded vehicles (5248/49 for services 5/50, 5324 for service 4, 3943 for service X1, 705 for the indiGo network, etc).

Ah ok cheers Smile

Guessing it will be the B10s will be withdrawn from Percy Main as a result too.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 19 Oct 2016

(19 Oct 2016, 5:10 am)Dan I hadn't previously confirmed, but yes, Deptford Drivers were informed about a month ago that they would be taking on all boards of service 9 (including those to North Shields), and have hence been route learning for the past few weeks.

I would imagine the 2 Scania's from Percy Main will go to Deptford as spares?, as IF the 9 is going to be ran by Deptford Scania's they'll only be 2 left overall, after the 9, X36 and 39 allocations?

So sending the Scania's to Deptford seems logicaly..

Is the 9 still interworking with scholars, just checking as the timetable suggests its not.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 21 Oct 2016

PB0002400/623 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Heworth Interchange
Finish Point: South Hylton Metro
Via:
Service Number: 901
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 20-NOV-2016
Other Details: 20th November 2016 only

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - stagecoachbusdepot - 22 Oct 2016

Anyone know why the new 2/2A timetable is just plain GNE rather than Simplicity branded?

Or why there's no new 39 timetable, despite it being only available on a soon to be out of date 2/2A/39 leaflet?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 23 Oct 2016

(22 Oct 2016, 1:52 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Anyone know why the new 2/2A timetable is just plain GNE rather than Simplicity branded?  

Or why there's no new 39 timetable, despite it being only available on a soon to be out of date 2/2A/39 leaflet?

God knows, maybe its a hint the Versa's are coming off the 2/2A (one can always hope!)

There's no new 39 timetable because the only change is the runs which are currently ran by Washington are going to be ran by Deptford... but i have to agree, they should take the current timetable off and replace it with just one for the 39.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Brian13 - 23 Oct 2016

(23 Oct 2016, 10:54 am)Michael God knows, maybe its a hint the Versa's are coming off the 2/2A (one can always hope!)

I heard a rumour that Mercs may be coming onto them

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Malarkey - 23 Oct 2016

(23 Oct 2016, 6:08 pm)Brian13 I heard a rumour that Mercs may be coming onto them

Brand new mercs with Silver Arrows Branding I hope, hate the Versas and the awful Simplicity Branding with a passion.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 23 Oct 2016

(23 Oct 2016, 6:08 pm)Brian13 I heard a rumour that Mercs may be coming onto them

I don't use the 2/2A services at all now but would welcome Mercs back on the route...

However i think the Citaro's from the Blaydon Racers (if they do get streetlites, not confirmed at all) will end up on the new X5/X6 so they're inline with the X7, offering decent buses plus WIFI.

2 Citaro's remain on the X7
2 Citaro move to the X6 from Wear Tees
1 Citaro from Blaydon Racers moves on to the X6
7 Citaro's on the X5 from the Blaydon Racers

Leaves 2 Citaro's from the Blaydon Racers as spares - one for the X5/X6/X7.

1 remains at Riverside.

From earlier, these were my guesses for the PVR:

7 for the X5 as of now 
3 for the X6
2 for the X7

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 26 Oct 2016

F1 - Gateshead - Saltwell Park - http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/F001-GNE-051116.pdf

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 27 Oct 2016

(26 Oct 2016, 5:59 pm)Michael F1 - Gateshead - Saltwell Park - http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/F001-GNE-051116.pdf

More info here:

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/saltwell-park-fireworks-saturday-5-november-194215

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 27 Oct 2016

(23 Oct 2016, 6:32 pm)Michael I don't use the 2/2A services at all now but would welcome Mercs back on the route...

However i think the Citaro's from the Blaydon Racers (if they do get streetlites, not confirmed at all) will end up on the new X5/X6 so they're inline with the X7, offering decent buses plus WIFI.

2 Citaro's remain on the X7
2 Citaro move to the X6 from Wear Tees
1 Citaro from Blaydon Racers moves on to the X6
7 Citaro's on the X5 from the Blaydon Racers

Leaves 2 Citaro's from the Blaydon Racers as spares - one for the X5/X6/X7.

1 remains at Riverside.

From earlier, these were my guesses for the PVR:

7 for the X5 as of now 
3 for the X6
2 for the X7

Even though I would prefer citarios for service X5/X6 and X7, since service X7 will be Sunderland to peterlee only, I think solos would be enough and have service X6 as the bigger bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 28 Oct 2016

Changes to services in Hexham from 28 November

Hexham's new bus station will come into use from Wednesday 30 November

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/changes-to-services-in-hexham-from-28-november-194280

----

Hopefully the Peterlee changes are on next week.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Kuyoyo - 28 Oct 2016

PB0003954/521 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Prudhoe Castle Road and Ovington Village Green given service number 686 effective from 12-Nov-2016. To amend Timetable.
PB0003954/689 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Matfen Black Bull and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 74 effective from 13-Nov-2016. To amend Timetable.

(27 Oct 2016, 10:24 am)cbma06 Even though I would prefer citarios for service X5/X6 and X7, since service X7 will be Sunderland to peterlee only, I think solos would be enough and have service X6 as the bigger bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope not... to me that's a downgrade and will give Arriva with an advantage...

With it coming up to a week for the changes to X1 etc...

What will the allocation to be the 9 from the 6th November at Deptford?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Shrek - 28 Oct 2016

Just spotted a sign on the 353 that states from the 6th November the service will no longer go onto the Newcastle Airport site and only service stops on the Ponteland Road outside. There'll also be timetable changes during rush hour to improve reliability.

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 28 Oct 2016

(28 Oct 2016, 2:34 pm)Shrek Just spotted a sign on the 353 that states from the 6th November the service will no longer go onto the Newcastle Airport site and only service stops on the Ponteland Road outside. There'll also be timetable changes during rush hour to improve reliability.

The timetable can be found on the GNE site and change details can be found within the 6th November changes article on the GNE site

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ds1197 - 28 Oct 2016

(28 Oct 2016, 2:02 pm)Michael With it coming up to a week for the changes to X1 etc...

What will the allocation to be the 9 from the 6th November at Deptford?

I'm guessing solars becasue they are probably perfect size for the 9 but I do hope the 9 gets route branding now or soon