North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 21 Apr 2019

(21 Apr 2019, 9:58 pm)Jordan2104 Electric are for saltwell parks 53/54

Never knew it was confirmed.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 21 Apr 2019

(21 Apr 2019, 8:51 pm)Malarkey Wonder if we will see any new buses arrive prior to these service changes, if so they will probably have to start arriving next week.

There's been no leaked photos (that I'm aware of) of vehicles arriving in to Heysham. Rules out Wright stuff.

With Optare being 'down the road', there's usually something shared. Enough to rule out them? 

Theres been a stack of demonstration vehicles as we know, but my gut instinct would say that any evaluation or analysis of performance, wouldn't have left enough time to turn around an immediate purchase (let alone the manufacture) of anything. 

Maybe it's just further consolidation?

The 35 doesnt seem to be as popular as it was in the past, so would struggle to provide a business case for new investment - unless there were drastic changes to the route. 
The apparent pvr reduction to the 20, X5, X6, 36 and 18 provides scope for cascades. 
Out of all the changes, I can only see the X21 needing an increase - although that might be managed in another fashion. 

All of those things indicate (to me anyway), that there's nowt new arriving soon. 
Certainly not in time for these changes.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 21 Apr 2019

(21 Apr 2019, 10:26 pm)Andreos1 There's been no leaked photos (that I'm aware of) of vehicles arriving in to Heysham. Rules out Wright stuff.

With Optare being 'down the road', there's usually something shared. Enough to rule out them? 

Theres been a stack of demonstration vehicles as we know, but my gut instinct would say that any evaluation or analysis of performance, wouldn't have left enough time to turn around an immediate purchase (let alone the manufacture) of anything. 

Maybe it's just further consolidation?

The 35 doesnt seem to be as popular as it was in the past, so would struggle to provide a business case for new investment - unless there were drastic changes to the route. 
The apparent pvr reduction to the 20, X5, X6, 36 and 18 provides scope for cascades. 
Out of all the changes, I can only see the X21 needing an increase - although that might be managed in another fashion. 

All of those things indicate (to me anyway), that there's nowt new arriving soon. 
Certainly not in time for these changes.

X5 is staying the same, every 30 minutes?

Ye the 35 will get cascades, more likely Versa or Streetlites... or hopefully Omnicities

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 22 Apr 2019

(21 Apr 2019, 10:42 pm)Michael X5 is staying the same, every 30 minutes? 

Ye the 35 will get cascades, more likely Versa or Streetlites... or hopefully Omnicities

Typo. 
Meant the X6 and X7.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dans_bus_photos - 22 Apr 2019

(21 Apr 2019, 5:09 pm)Michael Ye, the Solo's on the 516 will be free.

When are Gateshead Central Taxi's running the 8?, all day or just on a night?

I reckon the Versa's from the 36 could end up Deptford for 33/33A?, i also think we will see the 33/33A provide a full 10 minute service to Silksworth, as the current set up is 12, 22, 42 and 52, i think they'll have a extra 33 slotted in to make up the loss of the 36, i think the PVR would be 4.

New PVR for the 71 will be 2.... so they'll be enough Versa's for the 33. 

With keep hearing this 'depot standardisation' id be surprised to see the Versa's return to Deptford for the 33. Chester still have 6 Scania's to get rid of id have thought they'd leave first before any of the Versa's did. 

By traveline, it looks like it will.... could they not just have a extra 33 slotted in, and keep the X5 via Durham Road.....

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 8:15 am)Dans_bus_photos With keep hearing this 'depot standardisation' id be surprised to see the Versa's return to Deptford for the 33. Chester still have 6 Scania's to get rid of id have thought they'd leave first before any of the Versa's did. 

Yet the Citaro's went back to Consett, they didn't have them for ages, it could be a temporary move until June (for when the Scania's can go) or when new buses start to enter service.

Either way the spare versa's will be allocated on a route but the 71 will need 2. 

Or will Go North East just start to withdraw the Scania's early?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dans_bus_photos - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 8:22 am)Michael Yet the Citaro's went back to Consett, they didn't have them for ages, it could be a temporary move until June (for when the Scania's can go) or when new buses start to enter service.

Either way the spare versa's will be allocated on a route but the 71 will need 2. 

Or will Go North East just start to withdraw the Scania's early?

I agree with you there but they lost all of the Omnicities instead, so they didn't really gain an additional vehicle type to maintain. Id think most of the Scania's will probably be withdrawn by the end of the year starting with the ones that were not upgraded to Euro 5  (Like the ones at Chester)

(22 Apr 2019, 8:39 am)Dans_bus_photos I agree with you there but they lost all of the Omnicities instead, so they didn't really gain an additional vehicle type to maintain. Id think most of the Scania's will probably be withdrawn by the end of the year starting with the ones that were not upgraded to Euro 5  (Like the ones at Chester)

Also, the Versa's from the 36 could replace some of the Scania's so, the spare Scania's could be used on the Cobalt Clipper to allow more B9's to go down to refurbishment.

(21 Apr 2019, 10:26 pm)Andreos1 There's been no leaked photos (that I'm aware of) of vehicles arriving in to Heysham. Rules out Wright stuff.

Hopefully ADL products Tongue 

Wonder if they've made a choice of which electric bus to go for?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - big mac - 22 Apr 2019

A couple of things re. the changes next month. Is the 55x basically the exact same route as the x5 is now, and the 55 that route but with Silksworth included as well?
Also, with the x21 needing a pvr increase with it being extended, will there be new vehicles on it?

(22 Apr 2019, 12:00 pm)big mac A couple of things re. the changes next month. Is the 55x basically the exact same route as the x5 is now, and the 55 that route but with Silksworth included as well?
Also, with the x21 needing a pvr increase with it being extended, will there be new vehicles on it?

It looks like:

55 is the X5
55A is the X5A runs
55X - not sure

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - N1cholas - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 12:10 pm)Michael It looks like:

55 is the X5
55A is the X5A runs
55X - not sure

55X same as the X5 now but just peak times

(22 Apr 2019, 12:14 pm)N1cholas 55X same as the X5 now but just peak times

55A looks like it will be via Durham Road, only at certain times of the day.

(22 Apr 2019, 12:20 pm)Michael 55A looks like it will be via Durham Road, only at certain times of the day.

The same route and times as the X5A now

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - big mac - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 12:14 pm)N1cholas 55X same as the X5 now but just peak times

When you search for the Sunday journeys on traveline these are also listed as 55X.

(22 Apr 2019, 12:56 pm)big mac When you search for the Sunday journeys on traveline these are also listed as 55X.

no idea i haven't seen the timetables maybe it will on a sunday, im sure all will be released shortly

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 23 Apr 2019

New timetables are currently being put online for the 19th May changes

On the 36:

From 19 May
This service was introduced a number of years ago to offer new connections between different communities in Sunderland. However, passenger numbers are too low for this service to continue in its current form, but most connections provided by this service will still be possible on other services, as outlined below:
  • Service 8 will be diverted via Castletown, replacing service 36 on this section of route and maintaining four buses per hour between Castletown and Sunderland with service 35.

• Most journeys on service X5 will be diverted via Silksworth. This maintains the frequency of service between Silksworth and Sunderland with service 33. This diversion also means the connections between Silksworth and Houghton-le-Spring are maintained.

• Between Chester-le-Street, Houghton-le-Spring and Burnside Estate, new service 71 will run.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 23 Apr 2019

Main article now published:
http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/service-changes-from-19-may-366066

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Rob44 - 23 Apr 2019

28b only running between Newcastle an kibblesworth on a Sunday. thats good.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ianthegoon - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 1:50 pm)S813 FVK Main article now published:
http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/service-changes-from-19-may-366066

What's the logic behind the X6 and X7 not picking up in Sunderland centre other than at Park Lane?  In the past, I've found it more convenient to hop on these services at Winter Gardens rather than having to make my way across to Park Lane .....