North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 9:49 am)Andreos1 Ditto.
The timetable has the 'up to every 15 minutes' wording on it though.
Goodness knows.

Yeah, the direct Sunderland - N Shields is hourly during the day, but twice hourly on a night.
Jarrow - N Shields is twice an hour at all times, with the a bus doing a long run to N Shields, doing a short trip to Jarrow and back, before heading back on a full one to Sunderland.

Looks like the PVR has dropped from 7 to 4?

Probables means Deptford could run full Scania on it, if Deptford receive a couple of more Scania's (if Deptford are gaining it fully), as it looks like the School bus runs are dropped.

X1 dropping from every 10 minutes to every 12......PVR dropping from 14 to 12, but i would imagine it'll be like the 56, with one extra in the PVR so it'll be 13 PVR, then 1 branded spare.

Wonder if the changes, is the reason why 3943 has yet to be rebranded, probables move else where now.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - citaro5284 - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 9:49 am)Andreos1 Ditto.
The timetable has the 'up to every 15 minutes' wording on it though.
Goodness knows.

Yeah, the direct Sunderland - N Shields is hourly during the day, but twice hourly on a night.
Jarrow - N Shields is twice an hour at all times, with the a bus doing a long run to N Shields, doing a short trip to Jarrow and back, before heading back on a full one to Sunderland.

Has Dan as mentioned before if I remember rightly, the bit between Jarrow and North Shields is paid for by Nexus, so it is up to them how they want to spend the cash.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 11:27 am)citaro5284 Has Dan as mentioned before if I remember rightly, the bit between Jarrow and North Shields is paid for by Nexus, so it is up to them how they want to spend the cash.

I'm not sure what you mean?
The comment I made was about how there are more direct services on an evening, compared to the daytime service.
Regardless of any funding between Jarrow and N Shields, isn't it GNE who have made the commercial decision to have one long journey per hour?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Greg in Weardale - 13 Oct 2016

The new 9 is yet another idiotic, illogical timetable which is probably the start of the terminal decline of the through service - echoes of the X3. At the moment it's cut, cut, cut at GNE.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ds1197 - 13 Oct 2016

Will the 9 not interwork which scholars when the timetable takes place?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 11:27 am)citaro5284 Has Dan as mentioned before if I remember rightly, the bit between Jarrow and North Shields is paid for by Nexus, so it is up to them how they want to spend the cash.

Take it GNE weren't in much of a position of being able to change the times of the North Shields - Jarrow section of the route, can only assume Nexus wanted the service to stay half hourly on this section?

From my experiences of service 9, the 15 minutes frequency was overkill really, I don't know how many people travel the full route from the North Shields area to Sunderland but I can't imagine it's that many especially when you have the much more frequent Metro running between North Shields and Sunderland.

I feel that the new timetable isn't the best but most of us were heavily under the impression that the full route would drop down to half hourly, I feel it's better that the greater used section of the route (Sunderland - Jarrow) has a 20 minute frequency rather than the original assumption of it being half hourly, just a pity that there will only be one direct bus an hour between Sunderland and North Shields but I don't think many will be too badly affected by the changes.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - LVK 404L - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 12:38 pm)Jimmi Take it GNE weren't in much of a position of being able to change the times of the North Shields - Jarrow section of the route, can only assume Nexus wanted the service to stay half hourly on this section?

From my experiences of service 9, the 15 minutes frequency was overkill really, I don't know how many people travel the full route from the North Shields area to Sunderland but I can't imagine it's that many especially when you have the much more frequent Metro running between North Shields and Sunderland.

I feel that the new timetable isn't the best but most of us were heavily under the impression that the full route would drop down to half hourly, I feel it's better that the greater used section of the route (Sunderland - Jarrow) has a 20 minute frequency rather than the original assumption of it being half hourly, just a pity that there will only be one direct bus an hour between Sunderland and North Shields but I don't think many will be too badly affected by the changes.

Might be more frequent but I think this is one occasion where it's quicker by bus rather than metro on this route.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Adrian - 13 Oct 2016

I'm very surprised that the X1 is being reduced to 12 minutes, given how busy the Washington to Newcastle stretch is. The queues at Washington and Newcastle through the day don't take two minutes to build back up.

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 13 Oct 2016

More info about the changes from November 6th.
http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/service-changes-from-6-november-2016-190971

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - missedbus - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 9:53 am)Michael Looks like the PVR has dropped from 7 to 4?

Probables means Deptford could run full Scania on it, if Deptford receive a couple of more Scania's (if Deptford are gaining it fully), as it looks like the School bus runs are dropped.

X1 dropping from every 10 minutes to every 12......PVR dropping from 14 to 12, but i would imagine it'll be like the 56, with one extra in the PVR so it'll be 13 PVR, then 1 branded spare.

Wonder if the changes, is the reason why 3943 has yet to be rebranded, probables move else where now.

New X1 PVR does appear to be 13, and the route has 10 minutes layover scheduled at each end off-peak. So very similar to the 56 and indeed the 27.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 9:53 am)Michael Wonder if the changes, is the reason why 3943 has yet to be rebranded, probables move else where now.

Or will be retained at Washington to replace a President and so it can be a spare on Saturdays (or X88 when not required) when the frequency remains at every 10 minutes?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Tom - 13 Oct 2016

But the frequency is the same so it isn't really down to them for the rest of the timetable. GNE have decided to reduce the frequency of the Sunderland-Jarrow section

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - missedbus - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 2:51 pm)missedbus New X1 PVR does appear to be 13, and the route has 10 minutes layover scheduled at each end off-peak. So very similar to the 56 and indeed the 27.

I say 'PVR' but really mean the vehicle requirement off-peak. Saturday will need 15 buses, as it stays every 10 minutes, and the journey times are the same, although the layover is slightly shorter. I'd suggest that the off-peak Monday to Friday boards will be allocated the B9TLs, and the 2 extra Saturday boards will use buses used on Washington schools and misc workings during the week. The N94UDs might be ready by then, and would be preferable to the B7TLs.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Y935 ERG - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 9:28 am)Michael New timetables for the changes from the 6th November are starting to go on the "Go North East" site:

Note, that the new 2/2A timetable only shows those services now, not the 39, it's also down as "Go North East"

The 9 timetable though.... https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/2016/10/13/9_Nov2016.pdf

The new 9 timetable is horrendous, it's been done so awkwardly, for example the 10:15 from Sunderland runs to North Shields, then does a round trip on the shorts then runs from North Shields to Sunderland then does the 12:55 to Jarrow then comes back to Sunderland then does the 13:35 short to Jarrow and back then does the 15:15 from Sunderland then comes back from North Shields all the way to Sunderland then does full round trips until end of service.

(13 Oct 2016, 4:20 pm)Y935 ERG The new 9 timetable is horrendous, it's been done so awkwardly, for example the 10:15 from Sunderland runs to North Shields, then does a round trip on the shorts then runs from North Shields to Sunderland then does the 12:55 to Jarrow then comes back to Sunderland then does the 13:35 short to Jarrow and back then does the 15:15 from Sunderland then comes back from North Shields all the way to Sunderland then does full round trips until end of service.

It isn't really hard to understand or horrendous... I'm guessing it's been done because the 9 doesn't justify a 15 minute service from Jarrow-Sunderland so they reduced it to 20 so they had to do something to change it.

Every 30 minutes North Shields-Jarrow
Every 20 minutes Jarrow-Sunderland

Not sure why it makes a different which runs the bus does either.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 4:20 pm)Y935 ERG The new 9 timetable is horrendous, it's been done so awkwardly, for example the 10:15 from Sunderland runs to North Shields, then does a round trip on the shorts then runs from North Shields to Sunderland then does the 12:55 to Jarrow then comes back to Sunderland then does the 13:35 short to Jarrow and back then does the 15:15 from Sunderland then comes back from North Shields all the way to Sunderland then does full round trips until end of service.

Does it really matter to the normal passengers how the buses work the service? They ain't bothered so long as a bus turns up, doesn't matter where it's come from, it only matters where it's going...

It is a bit of a faff for us to work out where a specific bus may be on any given day but still possible to figure out if you have a timetable on hand to work it out like you've done here.

So will Deptford be taking over the runs? They probably are judging by Vosa but to me the timetable looks like it has been designed for Percy Main to take it over as there won't be any buses that won't run to North Shields if you know what I mean

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - South Tyne Lad - 13 Oct 2016

(13 Oct 2016, 4:49 pm)Tom So will Deptford be taking over the runs? They probably are judging by Vosa but to me the timetable looks like it has been designed for Percy Main to take it over as there won't be any buses that won't run to North Shields if you know what I mean

Looks more likely, It looks more designed for Deptford imo, The last North Shields round trip leaves Park Lane at 2250 and the last bus out of Park Lane ( The former Howdon Terminator ) -
Leaves at 2320.
The North Shields round trip returns from NS at 2324 for a 0014 arrival at PL and dead to Deptford, While the Jarrow short is dead from Jarrow to Deptford ( A Journey of around 13 mins down the A19 )

Dead mileage on the morning however is pretty severe, Atleast one or two runs to North Shields from Deptford through the tunnel, There could be a case of two Percy runs on a morning but I doubt that one.

(13 Oct 2016, 5:00 pm)South Tyne Lad Looks more likely, It looks more designed for Deptford imo, The last North Shields round trip leaves Park Lane at 2250 and the last bus out of Park Lane ( The former Howdon Terminator ) -
Leaves at 2320.  
The North Shields round trip returns from NS at 2324 for a 0014 arrival at PL and dead to Deptford, While the Jarrow short is dead from Jarrow to Deptford ( A Journey of around 13 mins down the A19 )

Dead mileage on the morning however is pretty severe, Atleast one or two runs to North Shields from Deptford through the tunnel, There could be a case of two Percy runs on a morning but I doubt that one.

I just thought that now not all of the boards serve North Shields but they all seem to now but it could just be due to the timetable change.

Never saw the Howdon road run now terminates at Jarrow so maybe it could be Deptford. Though there is still the 2341 arrival into North Shields which would have to run light to Deptford and there is 0016 arrival into Park Lane which runs light to Park Lane now so the 0014 probably still could but I'm not sure to be honest.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 13 Oct 2016

Noticed the 39 changes aren't on yet