North East Buses
Anything and Everything v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1834)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - Michael - 13 Jan 2017

(13 Jan 2017, 11:29 am)MrFozz Finally moved to Shildon now...

Still lots of bad luck though, the f*****g car engine blew on he A1 near Durham yesterday...

As for buses, it is worse than Murton, theres a bus to Bishop and Darlington about every 20 mins and Weardale Service to Spennymoor once an hour

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Feels like its took ages!

Better than hourly though Fozz.

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - Jimmi - 13 Jan 2017

Still lots of bad luck though, the f*****g car engine blew on he A1 near Durham yesterday...

As for buses, it is worse than Murton, theres a bus to Bishop and Darlington about every 20 mins and Weardale Service to Spennymoor once an hour

Yeah, Shildon doesn't have the greatest level of bus services, 1 and 5/5A every half hour and the Weardale 7 to Spennymoor hourly (weekdays only). Tip, if you are getting a bus to Bishop Auckland or Darlington, I suggest getting the 1 as it's faster than the 5A would be.

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - BusLoverMum - 13 Jan 2017

Still lots of bad luck though, the f*****g car engine blew on he A1 near Durham yesterday...

That's more than we have, here Wink

The 1 and X1 should be 4 times an hour, between them, though the X1 doesn't stop everywhere. They're fairly reliable services, though.

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - northern156 - 13 Jan 2017

Folks, as a polite reminder in this section of the forum can swearing be censored. This is still a family forum. Smile

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - MrFozz - 14 Jan 2017

(13 Jan 2017, 11:43 pm)northern156 Folks, as a polite reminder in this section of the forum can swearing be censored. This is still a family forum. Smile
I Apologise Mate...

I get carried away sometimes

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - northern156 - 14 Jan 2017

(14 Jan 2017, 9:18 am)MrFozz I Apologise Mate...

I get carried away sometimes

Don't worry about it, I completely understand. Just a small polite nudge. Smile

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - Michael - 17 Jan 2017

Looking to go somewhere on Saturday, any ideas?

Not for the buses etc just a day out, sick of the likes of Durham, Metrocentre etc

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - BusLoverMum - 17 Jan 2017

Why not head down to Hartlepool or teesside? The 1 is a canny run.

Why not head down to Hartlepool or teesside? The 1 is a canny run.

(17 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm)BusLoverMum Why not head down to Hartlepool or teesside? The 1 is a canny run.

Looks like we are heading to Richmond.

Thanks for thr ideas, i'll keep them in mind in case something comes up.

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - Jamie M - 17 Jan 2017

What about wor Stanley? Got the Asdas and Tescos to explore like. Brilliant group of kids hanging around the bus station, too!

I honestly love the coast around Whitley Bay, virtually all the way down to Seaham. I walked it once, via Sunderland and Shields. Smashing day out on the right day, like. Bare that in mind for Spring/Summer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

(17 Jan 2017, 8:51 pm)Jamie M What about wor Stanley? Got the Asdas and Tescos to explore like. Brilliant group of kids hanging around the bus station, too!

I honestly love the coast around Whitley Bay, virtually all the way down to Seaham. I walked it once, via Sunderland and Shields. Smashing day out on the right day, like.

We did say Whitley Bay too, i forgot about Seaham tbh but with the high tide the other day seafront is damaged.

That's a long walk, i can only manage Whitburn to Sunderland city centre via Seaburn, Roker, Roker Park, Roker Marina, St Peters and then across the bridge.

Makes me sound lazy haha

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - Jamie M - 17 Jan 2017

(17 Jan 2017, 8:58 pm)Michael We did say Whitley Bay too, i forgot about Seaham tbh but with the high tide the other day seafront is damaged.

That's a long walk, i can only manage Whitburn to Sunderland city centre via Seaburn, Roker, Roker Park, Roker Marina, St Peters and then across the bridge.

Makes me sound lazy haha
I do crazy long cycles too, just love the challenge and the self satisfactive reward at the end.

(17 Jan 2017, 9:17 pm)Jamie M I do crazy long cycles too, just love the challenge and the self satisfactive reward at the end.

Ye, it's good, clears my mind too.

Should do it more often but it depends on work etc

(17 Jan 2017, 8:51 pm)Jamie M What about wor Stanley? Got the Asdas and Tescos to explore like. Brilliant group of kids hanging around the bus station, too!

I honestly love the coast around Whitley Bay, virtually all the way down to Seaham. I walked it once, via Sunderland and Shields. Smashing day out on the right day, like. Bare that in mind for Spring/Summer.

We walked just from the Sanddancer pub into South Shields centre, last weekend. In hindsight, I should have picked a less slippery day.

(17 Jan 2017, 8:58 pm)Michael We did say Whitley Bay too, i forgot about Seaham tbh but with the high tide the other day seafront is damaged.

Makes me sound lazy haha

The days when I could do that much are long gone.

Racked up over 15,000 steps today, according to my Fitbit. I bloody hurt (and would love to snap off a toe or two). I'll probably spend a fair bit of time out of the house tomorrow, too, as our house is pretty upside down - Husband cleared out the kitchen and put down self levelling compound, today. I'm currently sat next to the freezer Dodgy

Self medicating with wine. And Augustus Pablo, it seems.

We had dinner at Harvester at the Metrocentre, btw. Not exciting, but a rare place where we all found food we could enjoy and it was quiet, given the time of year/day etc. Littl'un had fish goujons and fries, husband and big'un had a decent burger with fries, I had salmon with grilled pineapple and red pepper and dirty rice. The salad bar was very welcome, actually quite fresh and tasty, and what so many places are lacking.

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - Jimmi - 17 Jan 2017

(17 Jan 2017, 8:51 pm)Jamie M What about wor Stanley? Got the Asdas and Tescos to explore like. Brilliant group of kids hanging around the bus station, too!

Bloody hell, I can just about bare the 73 minute journey on the X21 from Newton Aycliffe to Seaham, don't think I'd fancy following that with several hours of walking! I'm sure it would be a nice walk though with lots of nice scenery.

I am hoping to start walking more once the weather starts to improve, about the longest I've done so far is just from my house to Heighington, which is just under a hour. May have to try and stretch my legs and walk much further, possibly walk to Darlington which takes two and a half hours (according to Google Maps). Just a pity there isn't that many routes round my way that I know of.

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - citaro5284 - 17 Jan 2017

(17 Jan 2017, 10:31 pm)BusLoverMum We walked just from the Sanddancer pub into South Shields centre, last weekend. In hindsight, I should have picked a less slippery day.

The days when I could do that much are long gone.

Racked up over 15,000 steps today, according to my Fitbit. I bloody hurt (and would love to snap off a toe or two). I'll probably spend a fair bit of time out of the house tomorrow, too, as our house is pretty upside down - Husband cleared out the kitchen and put down self levelling compound, today. I'm currently sat next to the freezer Dodgy

Self medicating with wine. And Augustus Pablo, it seems.

We had dinner at Harvester at the Metrocentre, btw. Not exciting, but a rare place where we all found food we could enjoy and it was quiet, given the time of year/day etc. Littl'un had fish goujons and fries, husband and big'un had a decent burger with fries, I had salmon with grilled pineapple and red pepper and dirty rice. The salad bar was very welcome, actually quite fresh and tasty, and what so many places are lacking.

I would never think of putting them 2 together, but I love pineapple.  I do like a nice burger mind.

(17 Jan 2017, 11:30 pm)citaro5284 I would never think of putting them 2 together, but I love pineapple.  I do like a nice burger mind.

Aye/ Not gourmet food, but something for everyone in our family is a big win. The only places that achieve that, otherwise, are the Northside diner in Fenwick (love the food, always get an upset stomach from the buttermilk chicken, which I like far more than a beefburger) or pret a manger! The boys both like Franky and Benny's, and husband seems OK with it, but never had a whole dish from there that I've truly enjoyed. The token salad is dire and I can't double carb without feeling ill.

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - Jamie M - 18 Jan 2017

(17 Jan 2017, 11:09 pm)Jimmi Bloody hell, I can just about bare the 73 minute journey on the X21 from Newton Aycliffe to Seaham, don't think I'd fancy following that with several hours of walking! I'm sure it would be a nice walk though with lots of nice scenery.

I am hoping to start walking more once the weather starts to improve, about the longest I've done so far is just from my house to Heighington, which is just under a hour. May have to try and stretch my legs and walk much further, possibly walk to Darlington which takes two and a half hours (according to Google Maps). Just a pity there isn't that many routes round my way that I know of.

Just slip some music on and go into a whirl of thought. You get bored if you have a poor imagination. I learned that the GNE plastic covers actually melt and lift the thermal ink under the body heat of walking on a hot day to my surprise when I tried to get the 27 after walking for 3 1/2 hours. Been using key lifestyle thing ever since and have been getting my money's worth. 216 bus trips recorded in December, most of which were Stanley -> Newcastle or Consett -> Newcastle, so talking £4.90 each, talking 1000£ a month of full singles, so well worth the near hundred quid a month option. If you do exercise, make sure you're not a holder of a paper ticket or it will cause nothing but bother when you're already hot an bothered!

I'm a keen person on exercising, but most of it is subconscious to my thinking about things, which means I'm going at a subconscious pace, robotically.

RE: Anything and Everything v2 - Michael - 23 Jan 2017

Actor Gorden Kaye, who was best known for his role in the long-running BBC sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!, has died aged 75.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38718282