North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ambassador - 14 Nov 2016

5263 currently being prepared to be towed home after expiring outside Belle Vue pub in Low Fell

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Jamie M - 14 Nov 2016

(14 Nov 2016, 7:02 pm)Jimmi Thing is, Citaro's can seat about 40 passengers, if there's something between 5-10 seats still free, then that's anything upto 30 passengers being on the bus at any one time, can't remember the seating capacity on Go North East's Solo SR's but it's roughly 30, so it shouldn't really be a problem downsizing to a Solo SR when there will now be two GNE Express buses between Peterlee, Seaham and Sunderland each hour, unless passenger numbers significantly rise owing to the increase in frequency.

Standing space is still valid.
Stanley's have 29 seat, 20 stand.
Citaros have about 40 seating, and 28 standing.
If the X7 has most seats full with nil standing as citaros as peak, then there will be little difference beyond a few having to stand.
I'm not sure if there are any restrictions whilst standing on dual carridge way, though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - NK53 TKT - 14 Nov 2016

(14 Nov 2016, 4:09 pm)cbma06 https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/2016/11/14/X6_X7_December2016_WEB.pdf

Oh dear, standing will be a major issue on here, good to see more buses for Peterlee though

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - BusLoverMum - 14 Nov 2016

(14 Nov 2016, 7:30 pm)Ambassador 5263 currently being prepared to be towed home after expiring outside Belle Vue pub in Low Fell

It's a great many years since I last expired outside the Belle Vue :o

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - thetravelman - 14 Nov 2016

Is it the plan for Optare Solos to replace all MPD's within the GNE fleet? ie: Hexham still have 2, as well as other depots. Peterlee was mentioned earlier tonight as having an MPD in amongst a fleet of Solos.

I was speaking to a driver recently, not sure how accurate this is... who said that a lot of GNE drivers still prefer the MPD's.
Couple of reasons for this were.... Not enough leg room in the cab to get your stretch, causing leg cramps and back issues. The drivers seat being very uncomfortable for long periods of driving (apparently this has been relayed back to management, with the hope that better more comfortable cab seats will be considered and fitted in due course)
Also the turning circle isn't as good with having the front wheels forward, mostly causing problems on manoeuvring in tight spaces such as housing estates.

Apart from this the driver I spoke to said that the Solos were very good smart buses, which were well liked by the travelling public.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - S813 FVK - 14 Nov 2016

(14 Nov 2016, 9:59 pm)thetravelman Is it the plan for Optare Solos to replace all MPD's within the GNE fleet? ie: Hexham still have 2, as well as other depots. Peterlee was mentioned earlier tonight as having an MPD in amongst a fleet of Solos.

I imagine that is the ultimate aim, yes. They just won't be enough Solos to replace every mPD this time around though.

Peterlee need the MPD though as the Solo's can't be used on the 168.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Adrian - 14 Nov 2016

(14 Nov 2016, 9:59 pm)thetravelman Is it the plan for Optare Solos to replace all MPD's within the GNE fleet? ie: Hexham still have 2, as well as other depots. Peterlee was mentioned earlier tonight as having an MPD in amongst a fleet of Solos.

I was speaking to a driver recently, not sure how accurate this is... who said that a lot of GNE drivers still prefer the MPD's.
Couple of reasons for this were.... Not enough leg room in the cab to get your stretch, causing leg cramps and back issues. The drivers seat being very uncomfortable for long periods of driving (apparently this has been relayed back to management, with the hope that better more comfortable cab seats will be considered and fitted in due course)
Also the turning circle isn't as good with having the front wheels forward, mostly causing problems on manoeuvring in tight spaces such as housing estates.

Apart from this the driver I spoke to said that the Solos were very good smart buses, which were well liked by the travelling public.

I'd have thought having the wheels forward would benefit you in such situation? You're turning without a huge overhang at the front.

Seating and health issues should be getting picked up with the TUs, I would have thought? Or I'd hope, if it's causing the issues suggested...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - G-CPTN - 14 Nov 2016

Though getting somewhat long in the tooth, the MPDs seem to be continuing to give stalwart service.

They will be missed . . .

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 15 Nov 2016

(14 Nov 2016, 10:13 pm)G-CPTN Though getting somewhat long in the tooth, the MPDs seem to be continuing to give stalwart service.

They will be missed . . .

They will be, same as the B10's, by the end of next year, none of them will be in service and it'll be the Scania L94's getting withdrawn...

Next double decker to go, ex London Plaxton Presidents????, as they are coming up to 17 years old.....

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ryan99 - 15 Nov 2016

(15 Nov 2016, 9:22 am)Michael They will be, same as the B10's, by the end of next year, none of them will be in service and it'll be the Scania L94's getting withdrawn...

Next double decker to go, ex London Plaxton Presidents????, as they are coming up to 17 years old.....
Them & vykings

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Greg in Weardale - 15 Nov 2016

It's wheelbase which governs the tightness of a turn and Solos have a longer wheelbase than the equivalent length door-forward type vehicle, hence Solos need more space to turn.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 15 Nov 2016

(15 Nov 2016, 10:02 am)Ryan99 Them & vykings

Hopefully but not sure why but i think they'll be missed Tongue

(14 Nov 2016, 4:44 pm)S813 FVK Unless the buses are going to be generically branded with no specific route branding (which i think is likely based on indiGo), it wouldn't be worth repainting a solar.

Is the Tynedalexpress a possibility for the Citaros that will be coming off the WTX? They could keep 5229 as the spare or repaint the extra Seeit Doit branded Citaro and send that over too.

Was just rethinking about the WTX Citaro's, Wonder if 1 of them could go to Stanley to replace 4896 until 5292 returns to service but only if they gain the new "Go North East" Livery.

With Depot standardising happening, the spare Citaro at Deptford will likely stop now, this allows Deptford to have a spare Citaro.... unless Dan/Citaro or anyone else who works for GNE can confirm if the spare Citaro will moved? (sorry i don't know who else works for GNE, we've had a few new members lately, who sound like they work for one of the big companies)

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - TEN 6083 - 15 Nov 2016

Anyone know the whereabouts of 5332 ?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Jamie M - 15 Nov 2016

(15 Nov 2016, 11:38 am)Michael Was just rethinking about the WTX Citaro's, Wonder if 1 of them could go to Stanley to replace 4896 until 5292 returns to service but only if they gain the new "Go North East" Livery.

There'd be little point sending a bus up to withdraw a functional bus, inorder to be sent else just a month or two later.
I'd imagine in january, or whenever if the streetlites arrive, that there will be enough vehicles for 4896 to just disappear and 5292 to just fill in as a spare somewhere. Stronger rumours that the Stanley citaros will head to riverside, but who knows.

Saying that, there are a few illogical movements happening (6143 transferring to Stanley, releasing 6132 to PM to allow 3888 to transfer up, why not just send 6143 to PM..? etc), so something unexpected may happen.

(15 Nov 2016, 12:30 pm)Jamie M There'd be little point sending a bus up to withdraw a functional bus, inorder to be sent else just a month or two later.
I'd imagine in january, or whenever if the streetlites arrive, that there will be enough vehicles for 4896 to just disappear and 5292 to just fill in as a spare somewhere. Stronger rumours that the Stanley citaros will head to riverside, but who knows.

Saying that, there are a few illogical movements happening (6143 transferring to Stanley, releasing 6132 to PM to allow 3888 to transfer up, why not just send 6143 to PM..? etc), so something unexpected may happen.

When is 5292 due to re-enter service?, i couldn't find the last post about it, which had a update.

I think the new buses for next year will start to arrive in March (like this years), hopefully we hear a update on them soon but i doubt that!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Jimmi - 15 Nov 2016

(15 Nov 2016, 11:58 am)TEN 6083 Anyone know the whereabouts of 5332 ?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Just left Haymarket (Great Park bound) at about 12:55.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - GX03 - 15 Nov 2016

(15 Nov 2016, 12:34 pm)Michael When is 5292 due to re-enter service?, i couldn't find the last post about it, which had a update.

I think the new buses for next year will start to arrive in March (like this years), hopefully we hear a update on them soon but i doubt that!
The trial of the driver involved is march iirc so IF Stanley is getting new buses for the diamond as rumoured then 5292 won't return to Stanley

(15 Nov 2016, 1:21 pm)GX03 The trial of the driver involved is march iirc so IF Stanley is getting new buses for the diamond as rumoured then 5292 won't return to Stanley

Thanks, so i take it 5292 won't be heading back to service for a while.

Hopefully Stanley do get new buses for Durham Diamond next year, hopefully Toonlink too.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - S813 FVK - 15 Nov 2016

(15 Nov 2016, 12:30 pm)Jamie M Saying that, there are a few illogical movements happening (6143 transferring to Stanley, releasing 6132 to PM to allow 3888 to transfer up, why not just send 6143 to PM..? etc), so something unexpected may happen.

Illogical to us but well reasoned to GNE! For all we know, the promotional livery to be carried by 6143 could refer to something happening somewhere in County Durham. If so, it wouldn't be logical to have it running around in North Tyneside.