North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Gnebuspro91 - 18 Nov 2016

Today 705 indigo turned up on the 50 great buses but do go northeast ever change the interieur inside the bus are they just cant be bothred at all

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 9:45 pm)Gnebuspro91 Today 705 indigo turned up on the 50 great buses but do go northeast ever change the  interieur inside the bus are they just cant be bothred at all

They do but it depends on how the old bus is.. some of the Omnidekka's from Brighton have had a referb but some haven't.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - S813 FVK - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 9:45 pm)Gnebuspro91 Today 705 indigo turned up on the 50 great buses but do go northeast ever change the  interieur inside the bus are they just cant be bothred at all

From photos that i have seen, the interiors seem to be in a really good condition so probably didn't need redoing - im sure if they were bad they would have done something though.

Pity the same couldnt be said about the Omnidekkas though.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Adrian - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 9:53 pm)S813 FVK From photos that i have seen, the interiors seem to be in a really good condition so probably didn't need redoing - im sure if they were bad they would have done something though.

Yeah the interior on the Thames Travel Solos is spot on. The seats are a bit firm mind!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Adrian - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 7:43 pm)G-CPTN I realise that timetables (in Northumberland) are the responsibility of NCC, but who to contact?

New timetables have been put up at Corbridge Angel Inn, and the X85 times are omitted from the eastbound and duplicated on the westbound - so if you want to travel towards Newcastle you would have to cross the road and read the 'Hexham-bound' timetable.

I would perhaps email Northumberland County Council's customer services. Alternatively report as a damaged bus stop- https://online.northumberland.gov.uk/citizenportal/form.aspx?form=Damaged_Bus_Stop

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - G-CPTN - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 10:30 pm)Adrian Alternatively report as a damaged bus stop https://online.northumberland.gov.uk/citizenportal/form.aspx?form=Damaged_Bus_Stop

Thanks - that was the only option that I could see that was vaguely appropriate.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Andreos1 - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 4:39 pm)S813 FVK 3 of the 5 Olympians should be allocated to the Scholars although the routes which need a low floor decker usually get priority (for obvious reasons) leaving the Olympians to be allocated to these services which means that more often than not, all 5 are allocated daily.
There was one in Newcastle this evening. Only saw it from a distance.

(18 Nov 2016, 5:43 pm)Ambassador Eldon Square looks like a war zone thanks to Grainger St closure. Queues everywhere.

Not a single go north East employee about (contradictory to Facebook) and buses literally pulling into any stop. Angels all over!!  Poor nexus bloke can't cope.

Awful crisis management

Had delays with the X1 and 4 all day today. Even before any problems in the town.
Hit Eldon Square inbound at about 5 and it was chaos then. Took almost 10 minutes to actually get off the vehicle after turning right off Percy Street.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ambassador - 19 Nov 2016

Can I just say....I love 9099. In 25 plus years of using the 21,221,723,724 and whatever else, it's the first bus since the Metrobus and arguably the original NK51 Plaxton Presidents that has felt like it could cope on the Angel and offer great comfort, far better than a Streetdeck imo.

However I'm a jaded old man and I hold out zero hope that GNE will ever make the right call for the 21 and add to 15 years of failing.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ray - 19 Nov 2016

Hi,

If I remember correctly I recently read that 5317 has been fitted with a new exhaust system. I managed to catch up with it at Metrocentre on Thursday out on test with a few hi-vis on board which I'm thinking will be related to the work done or is it something different?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/31099310615/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/30985671921/

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - LeeCalder - 19 Nov 2016

(19 Nov 2016, 1:00 am)Ray Hi,

If I remember correctly I recently read that 5317 has been fitted with a new exhaust system. I managed to catch up with it at Metrocentre on Thursday out on test with a few hi-vis on board which I'm thinking will be related to the work done or is it something different?

It is on road tests, as they are only trialling the new exhaust system. You may have noticed some water barrels on the bus as well, they are being used to simulate the weight of passengers.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Dan - 19 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 2:52 pm)Dans_bus_photos Dan, I know 6143 will withdraw an Olympian at Stanley but what about the remaining ones? As all the Omnidekka's have arrived now haven't they?

The entry into service of 6139 earlier this year allowed the withdrawal of one Volvo Olympian - this is still outstanding. It was initially retained in Stanley's fleet while 6009 transferred from Stanley to Washington (as a paint float), though wasn't withdrawn when 6009 returned to Stanley for other reasons.

The transfer of 6032 from Washington to Stanley following service changes will result in the withdrawal of a further Volvo Olympian.

The entry into service of 6141 and 6142 at Washington should release two Volvo B7s to Stanley (which hasn't yet happened in reality), again, allowing the withdrawal of two Volvo Olympians.

The entry into service of 6143 at Stanley should release similar 6132 to Percy Main, in return releasing 3888 to Stanley, ultimately leading to the withdrawal of Stanley's final Volvo Olympian. 6143 should have gone to Stanley yesterday, and will undergo some final preparation for service and will undergo inspection at Stanley prior to entering service.

Scania OmniDekka 6145 will directly replace non-DDA Trident 3866, whilst Scania OmniDekka 6146 will replace 6135 at Crook, which in turn transfers to Chester-le-Street to replace 3872. There is no requirement to replace Riverside's three Volvo Olympians, as these vehicles aren't to be used on normal commercial service work.

(18 Nov 2016, 9:49 pm)Michael They do but it depends on how the old bus is.. some of the Omnidekka's from Brighton have had a referb but some haven't.

(18 Nov 2016, 9:53 pm)S813 FVK From photos that i have seen, the interiors seem to be in a really good condition so probably didn't need redoing - im sure if they were bad they would have done something though.

It's not based on age, but more so the quality of the existing seat moquette paired with being able to allocate the resource to a job like this.

Over the summer months this year when most of the Scania OmniDekkas were initially delivered to Go North East, the company had taken on a lot of extra work and there was a requirement to get the buses out in service as soon as possible.

There isn't as much pressure to get them out in service now, as there isn't a great deal of extra work being done at present, and there's a number of extra buses in the fleet which have been temporarily retained (hence why 6141 - 6146 have all been re-trimmed).

The existing Scania OmniDekkas in the fleet will all be returning to Saltmeadows Road for body repairs and the rear of the bus painted blue. Depending on other jobs which may take priority, the seats should also be re-trimmed whilst the buses are there too. Angel 3962/65 are also booked in for re-trim, but a mutually-convenient time between the depot and Saltmeadows Road needs to be found before this work can be undertaken, as it requires the bus to be off the road for about a week.

(19 Nov 2016, 1:00 am)Ray Hi,

(19 Nov 2016, 7:27 am)LeeCalder It is on road tests, as they are only trialling the new exhaust system. You may have noticed some water barrels on the bus as well, they are being used to simulate the weight of passengers.

Yes, 5317 has been fitted with a new Eminox exhaust system which produces less air pollution.

Staff from Go North East and Eminox have been PEMS testing 5317 this week since it returned following the installation of the modifications.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ray - 19 Nov 2016

(19 Nov 2016, 9:32 am)Dan Yes, 5317 has been fitted with a new Eminox exhaust system which produces less air pollution.

Staff from Go North East and Eminox have been PEMS testing 5317 this week since it returned following the installation of the modifications.

(19 Nov 2016, 7:27 am)LeeCalder It is on road tests, as they are only trialling the new exhaust system. You may have noticed some water barrels on the bus as well, they are being used to simulate the weight of passengers.

Many Thanks

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - S813 FVK - 19 Nov 2016

(19 Nov 2016, 9:32 am)Dan The existing Scania OmniDekkas in the fleet will all be returning to Saltmeadows Road for body repairs and the rear of the bus painted blue. Depending on other jobs which may take priority, the seats should also be re-trimmed whilst the buses are there too. Angel 3962/65 are also booked in for re-trim, but a mutuall iny-convenient time between the depot and Saltmeadows Road needs to be found before this work can be undertaken, as it requires the bus to be off the road for about a week.

Do these plans include 6122-6130? I know 6122/8 have already received the blue rear but, as you have said that the bus needs to be off the road for a week, if they are included in this 'scheme', they may have been both required to avoid the Olympians slipping out into service other than scholars which do not run onto public service work.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Dan - 19 Nov 2016

(19 Nov 2016, 11:02 am)S813 FVK Do these plans include 6122-6130? I know 6122/8 have already received the blue rear but, as you have said that the bus needs to be off the road for a week, if they are included in this 'scheme', they may have been both required to avoid the Olympians slipping out into service other than scholars which do not run onto public service work.

I can't confirm for definite, but both of these buses required bodywork repairs anyway, hence being treated to a partial repaint. It makes sense to repaint the bus while it's there anyway, as a partial repaint would only take a day to prep and paint. As I said before, the re-trimming process would take a lot more time.

As 6122 was an 'unscheduled' repaint, it wasn't re-trimmed. The same may apply to 6128, given that the priority will be to have 6143 - 6146 ready for service as soon as possible.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 19 Nov 2016

(19 Nov 2016, 9:32 am)Dan Yes, 5317 has been fitted with a new Eminox exhaust system which produces less air pollution.

How long will 5317 have the modifications?

Hopefully the Citaro's are down for a re-trim next year too, some of them are desperate for a re-trim, as i doubt the Scania L94's will be re-done now, they'll be the next bus to withdrawn after the remaining B10's..

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - S813 FVK - 19 Nov 2016

(19 Nov 2016, 11:36 am)Michael How long will 5317 have the modifications?

Id imagine that if the trial is successful, it will keep them and the other mercs (Crusaders at least) will have them done too.

(19 Nov 2016, 11:11 am)Dan I can't confirm for definite, but both of these buses required bodywork repairs anyway, hence being treated to a partial repaint. It makes sense to repaint the bus while it's there anyway, as a partial repaint would only take a day to prep and paint. As I said before, the re-trimming process would take a lot more time.

As 6122 was an 'unscheduled' repaint, it wasn't re-trimmed. The same may apply to 6128, given that the priority will be to have 6143 - 6146 ready for service as soon as possible.

Ah thanks - if i am completely honest, i was surprised at them starting on the rear repaints so quickly, not thinking that it could be due to being there for something like body repairs.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Gnebuspro91 - 19 Nov 2016

6142 turned up on 50 great buses well cosey sitting at the back and mid seats not enough legroom

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Malarkey - 19 Nov 2016

(19 Nov 2016, 10:14 pm)Gnebuspro91 6142 turned up on 50 great buses well cosey sitting at the back and mid seats not enough legroom

I'm 5'10 and I couldn't even squeeze myself into the back row lower saloon of 6142 this afternoon, settled for sitting in middle instead for the journey from Lambton to Concord, nice ride nevertheless but adjustment do need to be made to the seating of the lower saloon, because only passengers under 4ft could sit comfortably on back row, by that I mean children or someone with dwarfism.

(19 Nov 2016, 10:23 pm)Malarkey I'm 5'10 and I couldn't even squeeze myself into the back row lower saloon of 6142 this afternoon, settled for sitting in middle instead for the journey from Lambton to Concord, nice ride nevertheless but adjustment do need to be made to the seating of the lower saloon, because only passengers under 4ft could sit comfortably on back row, by that I mean children or someone with dwarfism.

I can fit into the back row fine and i wouldn't class myself to be short.