North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 29 Nov 2016

(29 Nov 2016, 8:48 am)cbma06 Nothing wrong with passengers boarding service 202 and get the X9 or X10 from peterlee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ye, it's not like it's gone from Half hourly to hourly, in that area, doubt GNE would ever change the X9/X10 now, think well see those the same routes for a long time.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 29 Nov 2016

Everyone's seem to of forgotten what Dan mentioned/hinted a while back... That the Versa's on the 61 could be only temporary, hence why 8328 was never painted in to Simplicity livery... maybe the Citaro's from the WTX is going on the 61 along with the spare from the 35/36?

Meaning 5 Versa's, 1 Scania on to the 9 - replacing 5 Scania's.

The above allows 3 Scania's to Percy Main and 2 Scania's to Riverside replacing the B10's.

---

As we know plans can change but thought i would share what I've just remembered!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ryan99 - 29 Nov 2016

(29 Nov 2016, 9:13 am)Michael Everyone's seem to of forgotten what Dan mentioned/hinted a while back... That the Versa's on the 61 could be only temporary, hence why 8328 was never painted in to Simplicity livery... maybe the Citaro's from the WTX is going on the 61 along with the spare from the 35/36?

Meaning 5 Versa's, 1 Scania on to the 9 - replacing 5 Scania's.

The above allows 3 Scania's to Percy Main and 2 Scania's to Riverside replacing the B10's.

---

As we know plans can change but thought i would share what I've just remembered!

Ive heard nothing regarding wtx Mercs I've heard streetlites before Christmas for it.

(29 Nov 2016, 10:00 am)Ryan99 Ive heard nothing regarding wtx Mercs I've heard streetlites before Christmas for it.

Streelites for the 61?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ryan99 - 29 Nov 2016

Hexham
Driver told me the X84/5 is getting citaros

(29 Nov 2016, 10:03 am)Michael Streelites for the 61?

Yeah

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - jamjam9206 - 29 Nov 2016

(29 Nov 2016, 10:24 am)Ryan99 Hexham

Yeah
Oh so those solars are coming off then but when

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Venturego - 29 Nov 2016

Since the Diamond was split in two (Durham Diamond 16 and Northern 6)hasn't there be rumours of the 6 being changed to a new fleet of large single deckers, Citaros or split with some new Double deckers to cope with peak services but also for X30/1, X70/1 under a new Express brand.
Stanley could certainly do with some new buses for Inter-city (Newcastle) services and possibly a new Consett to Sunderland Express service.

Shouldn't all Express services be "Limited Stop" where local services can be used to serve hub station or stops where Express services serve, for example between Gateshead (Interchange or Metro Centre) into and from Newcastle.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Andreos1 - 29 Nov 2016

(29 Nov 2016, 10:50 am)Venturego Since the Diamond was split in two (Durham Diamond 16 and Northern 6)hasn't there be rumours of the 6 being changed to a new fleet of large single deckers, Citaros or split with some new Double deckers to cope with peak services but also for X30/1, X70/1 under a new Express brand.
Stanley could certainly do with some new buses for Inter-city (Newcastle) services and possibly a new Consett to Sunderland Express service.

Shouldn't all Express services be "Limited Stop" where local services can be used to serve hub station or stops where Express services serve, for example between Gateshead (Interchange or Metro Centre) into and from Newcastle.

It doesn't seem too long ago that even non-express services were limited stop. The likes of the 723 only had a few stops between Gateshead and Chester. It meant local services picked up the slack and travelling distance, was appealing. The X25 is all stops until Wrekenton (Newcastle bound), but express beyond. Not sure it helps with reliability at all or is attractive for passengers travelling a distance.

(29 Nov 2016, 10:48 am)jamjam9206 Oh so those solars are coming off then but when

It's getting sorted by 2017 my mate who drivers for Hexham said he's head said that

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - G-CPTN - 29 Nov 2016

(29 Nov 2016, 10:24 am)Ryan99 Hexham

Are these the same NK08 Citaros that started life on the TEN?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - G-CPTN - 29 Nov 2016

Saw GNE staff being lectured at Hexham's new bus station.
Heard that 'vintage' United bus(es) were being paraded - saw one briefly.
Opening scheduled for tomorrow.

(29 Nov 2016, 12:46 pm)G-CPTN Are these the same NK08 Citaros that started life on the TEN?

Haven't a clue all I know is it is due for next year

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Dan - 29 Nov 2016

(28 Nov 2016, 2:35 pm)RBZ 5459 It'll be all the Scanias that are listed as Euro 5 on the fleet list which will have had that particular Eminox work done. Physically, it's anything that has the small extra grill next to the engine/radiator grill on the N/S. Think 4949 is the exception to this as it received a brand new Euro 5 engine after its fire.

Some of the other more elderly ones have been up'd to just to Euro 4 in the past, but that will just be the simpler mod/traps GNE have done on their terms without funding.

See fleet list here.

Excluding 4949 which, as you say, was done separately, these buses were all upgraded following a successful bid for the Cleaner Bus Technology Fund. Go North East was awarded £346,500's worth of Government funding, while £215,000 was contributed by the local authority, with Go North East contributing £147,000 towards the project.

There is no 'requirement', at least as far as I know, for the buses to remain allocated to those routes. Go North East stated in its bid that it was the company's intention for the vehicles being upgraded to remain on their current routes (ie "Loop" services 93/94 and "Green Arrow" services 97/97A). However, should the time come for these services to be allocated different vehicles, I think they would remain as Euro 5 specification.

(28 Nov 2016, 3:09 pm)RBZ 5459 Think it's 4961-4 to Percy Main once the Mercs come off the Wear Tees.
(28 Nov 2016, 11:06 pm)Ryan99 Dunno if said but 5333-6 will be all repainted into new livery and remain at deptford to release 4961-4 to Percy paint to get the last few b10s gone.

Whilst I don't think there's any harm in me confirming that 5333 - 5336 will all be repainted into the new corporate livery and allocated to Deptford Depot for service 9, I am not sure why this would release four Scania L94s to Percy Main?

I think it's more likely that Percy Main will receive three Scania L94s from Deptford as a consequence of the above, allowing three Volvo B10BLEs to be directly withdrawn. This will then provide a consistent spare vehicle allocation for Blue Arrow service 11, when the weekday Misc Works services do not operate.

(28 Nov 2016, 6:48 pm)thetravelman Which depot operates the 11 service on an Evening and Sundays between Metro Centre and Lobley Hill - Is this Riverside?

During these times the route looks split to only run Metro Centre to Lobley Hill and also Whitley Bay to Wallsend Metro, leaving the middle section between Wallsend and Lobley Hill without service.

If Riverside do operate this part of the route at an evening or on a Sunday, do they have a branded vehicle or is it allocated a corporate livery vehicle?

Riverside operates journeys on service 11 beteen Metrocentre and Lobley Hill. The weekday evening journeys from 20:27 (from Metrocentre) onwards should all be operated by a Green Arrow branded Scania L94 - running off the daytime 97 service - but it is common for the bus to be swapped over for another Euro 5 bus (typically Versa) during the driver's meal break at Gateshead Metro.

Riverside also operates the 06:28 #11 (Dunston Road / Wellington Road - Newcastle) with a Saltwell Park branded Streetlite.

(29 Nov 2016, 9:13 am)Michael Everyone's seem to of forgotten what Dan mentioned/hinted a while back... That the Versa's on the 61 could be only temporary, hence why 8328 was never painted in to Simplicity livery... maybe the Citaro's from the WTX is going on the 61 along with the spare from the 35/36?

I don't think I said that the Versa allocation would be temporary - more so that there could be plans in the pipeline, accounting for why the branding on the "SimpliCity" branded Versas wasn't altered to accommodate service 61 joining the brand, and the website shows the service as being unbranded.

All will become clear in time, I am sure!

(29 Nov 2016, 4:28 pm)Dan Whilst I don't think there's any harm in me confirming that 5333 - 5336 will all be repainted into the new corporate livery and allocated to Deptford Depot for service 9, I am not sure why this would release four Scania L94s to Percy Main?

I think it's more likely that Percy Main will receive three Scania L94s from Deptford as a consequence of the above, allowing three Volvo B10BLEs to be directly withdrawn. This will then provide a consistent spare vehicle allocation for Blue Arrow service 11, when the weekday Misc Works services do not operate.

------------

I don't think I said that the Versa allocation would be temporary - more so that there could be plans in the pipeline, accounting for why the branding on the "SimpliCity" branded Versas wasn't altered to accommodate service 61 joining the brand, and the website shows the service as being unbranded.

All will become clear in time, I am sure!

I thought GNE were against mixed allocations!, unless they are gaining another Citaro from a different depot to allow them to allocate 6. (Would imagine the 5th one is the spare at Deptford?) 

Ah right, i was close in some sort haha, hopefully that includes the Versa's on the 2/2A!

(29 Nov 2016, 4:38 pm)Michael I thought GNE were against mixed allocations!, unless they are gaining another Citaro from a different depot to allow them to allocate 6. (Would imagine the 5th one is the spare at Deptford?) 

Ah right, i was close in some sort haha, hopefully that includes the Versa's on the 2/2A!

Split vehicle allocations are avoided - generally speaking. Having one vehicle type allocated makes route costings easier, and is easier to understand from a depot perspective.

However, big picture...

(29 Nov 2016, 4:45 pm)Dan Split vehicle allocations are avoided - generally speaking. Having one vehicle type allocated makes route costings easier, and is easier to understand from a depot perspective.

However, big picture...

Would be easier but i can see why that won't happen atm, just thought i would ask, so will it be 4 Citaro's and 2 Scania's for time-being until more Citaro's come free?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - TEN 6083 - 29 Nov 2016

Anyone know what day this week 9098 is due to change depots ?

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 29 Nov 2016

(29 Nov 2016, 8:36 pm)TEN 6083 Anyone know what day this week 9098 is due to change depots ?

I think its either tomorrow or Thursday, As that will mark a week in service for it.

Hope I can photograph it on the 21, Trying to catch a shot of it on the X9 was a disaster.

(29 Nov 2016, 8:36 pm)TEN 6083 Anyone know what day this week 9098 is due to change depots ?

It transferred to Chester-le-Street at 20:00 this evening.

An inspection will probably be undertaken tomorrow and then used for driver familiarisation during the day. If not out in service by the afternoon, it will be in service on Thursday.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - jamjam9206 - 30 Nov 2016

(29 Nov 2016, 12:24 pm)Ryan99 It's getting sorted by 2017 my mate who drivers for Hexham said he's head said that
Okay cheers