North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=1935)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Michael - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 8:51 am)dannygee Seen 5269 for about a month now and when its on the road the rear display doesnt work. Must be when it hits a pot hole or something. But when tell drivers/gne they arent bothered.

Just keep emailing Go North East about it, no point in posting it on here because we can't do anything (well maybe Dan Tongue)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Michael - 24 Feb 2017

I hope we get to see the "Fast Cats" brand appear again in the future.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - S813 FVK - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 12:42 am)dannygee Seen one of them small solos going down be sham bank this afternoon with an engineer driving with T1 tesco freebus on front. Could of been going stanley?

Perfect for the T1/T2 but i'll dread the day it works its way onto the X70/6 on an afternoon after the Tesco runs have finished (I still can't find a proper timetable for the service) to release a decker to scholars.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - NK53 TKT - 24 Feb 2017

Does anyone know when 8310 will lose it's rear advert, just it has had it for over 18 months now

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Dans_bus_photos - 24 Feb 2017

The Fast Cats brand is no more as 5211 is now back at Deptford repainted into the new corporate livery.
Any update on whats happening with the red scania's and solo's at Deptford? I wish they'd just repainted them into the new livery and be done with it, as they don't seem to have any intention of branding them (like the purple versas and silver mercs, when they were at Sunderland)

(24 Feb 2017, 10:04 am)NK53 TKT Does anyone know when 8310 will lose it's rear advert, just it has had it for over 18 months now

Id have thought it should have been removed by now as the same advert that was on Stagecoach's 22024,22033 and 22343 were all removed a little while ago.

(24 Feb 2017, 10:34 am)Dans_bus_photos The Fast Cats brand is no more as 5211 is now back at Deptford repainted into the new corporate livery.

Any update on whats happening with the red scania's and solo's at Deptford? I wish they'd just repainted them into the new livery and be done with it, as they don't seem to have any intention of branding them (like the purple versas and silver mercs, when they were at Sunderland)

Oh oh, you asked the question! Haven't seen that question for a while... but ye, the Scania's have been repainted since May 2016, and nothing.

All the Solo's have now arrived for the 33/237/238 - so not sure why they are waiting... some reason i think they'll get a brand like the 49 now.........

Unless another Deptford service will be joining at a later date and that's why it's been delayed?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Dans_bus_photos - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 10:43 am)Michael Oh oh, you asked the question! Haven't seen that question for a while... but ye, the Scania's have been repainted since May 2016, and nothing.

All the Solo's have now arrived for the 33/237/238 - so not sure why they are waiting... some reason i think they'll get a brand like the 49 now.........

Unless another Deptford service will be joining at a later date and that's why it's been delayed?

But that didn't stop them when they introduced indiGo to the 82s and then a little while later added the 85/86s to the brand? Tbf they should have had a brand sorted before they started to repaint the buses, and that its only ever in Sunderland- you never see buses unbranded for so long in Newcastle or Gateshead?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - S813 FVK - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 10:34 am)Dans_bus_photos Any update on whats happening with the red scania's and solo's at Deptford? I wish they'd just repainted them into the new livery and be done with it, as they don't seem to have any intention of branding them (like the purple versas and silver mercs, when they were at Sunderland)

As said many times previously, while an enthusiast on the outside can easily say what a company is/isn't doing, they are not aware of the inside reasons for doing/not doing those things. 

It has previously been suggested that Go North East may want to launch the new Sunderland network together, when all of the buses are ready. It is obvious that this is not the case (I'd suggest that 697 is the reason why as it is heading to Deptford to release 635) so they aren't going to be able to brand and launch the network as planned yet.

Go North East, and other bus companies, have ways of doing things and they are not always (or at all!) focused on pleasing enthusiasts.

(24 Feb 2017, 10:49 am)Dans_bus_photos But that didn't stop them when they introduced indiGo to the 82s and then a little while later added the 85/86s to the brand? 

Is that not different though? There was no 'launch' for the indiGo Washington brand. The buses were simply just sent out there one Wednesday with advertising on social media with no special launch event or anything. Looking at the Sunderland services, I would suggest that Go North East plan to host an event to launch the Sunderland network and they don't want to do this until all vehicles are ready.

(24 Feb 2017, 10:58 am)S813 FVK As said many times previously, while an enthusiast on the outside can easily say what a company is/isn't doing, they are not aware of the inside reasons for doing/not doing those things. 

It has previously been suggested that Go North East may want to launch the new Sunderland network together, when all of the buses are ready. It is obvious that this is not the case (I'd suggest that 697 is the reason why as it is heading to Deptford to release 635) so they aren't going to be able to brand and launch the network as planned yet.

Go North East, and other bus companies, have ways of doing things and they are not always (or at all!) focused on pleasing enthusiasts.

Is that not different though? There was no 'launch' for the indiGo Washington brand. The buses were simply just sent out there one Wednesday with advertising on social media with no special launch event or anything. Looking at the Sunderland services, I would suggest that Go North East plan to host an event to launch the Sunderland network and they don't want to do this until all vehicles are ready.

I understand what your saying, but surely they could launch the brand (if they are going to make an event of it) and add other services ie the 38 at a later date. Personally id like to see it under the Simplicity brand as I think these services are better suited to it than the 2/2A. Unless there is more services changes coming up and they are holding off until then?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Andreos1 - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 10:58 am)S813 FVK As said many times previously, while an enthusiast on the outside can easily say what a company is/isn't doing, they are not aware of the inside reasons for doing/not doing those things.

To be fair (and forgetting enthusiasts), what about the passengers who use or see the service everyday?

What do they see apart from buses running around without any branding?
If we look at the many reasons branding exists - this is a fail on so many levels.

(24 Feb 2017, 12:35 pm)Andreos1 To be fair (and forgetting enthusiasts), what about the passengers who use or see the service everyday?

What do they see apart from buses running around without any branding?
If we look at the many reasons branding exists - this is a fail on so many levels.

Tbh, i think passengers wouldn't notice, as it's just red, same colour as the old "Northern" livery, although it's a lighter red.

Bet it ends up where it'll be the same as the 49 brand.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Jamie M - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 9:21 am)S813 FVK Perfect for the T1/T2 but i'll dread the day it works its way onto the X70/6 on an afternoon after the Tesco runs have finished (I still can't find a proper timetable for the service) to release a decker to scholars.
The TESCO bus just sits and does nothing for an hour, and this is a problem I think they'll address.
The bus finishes around 1500. There are one or two taxi boards which can be swapped out for this bus way before it becomes a problem, and it really is a problem.[Image: image.jpg]
These are the workings for night. The Tesco bus run is marked with a 'T'. As you can see, it just runs onto 6s late into the night (2110 SP/2230 NES leaves) unless replaced. The dart that current gets sent out always forces standing space on the first 6. I doubt it'd see as much running time on big bus routes as you fear given there is a simple solution. It just requires somebody to actually make the amendments!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Dan - 24 Feb 2017

5324 is now back at Washington having been repainted into the new corporate livery.

Has the yellow message "Recharge your batteries. Many of our buses have power sockets on board"

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Jamie M - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 1:23 pm)Dan 5324 is now back at Washington having been repainted into the new corporate livery.

Has the yellow message "Recharge your batteries. Many of our buses have power sockets on board"

Does this bus even have sockets installed?  :s
I like the touch, but they seem to put adverts for chargers/usb ports on buses which don't have them installed. For example, most of the Stanley Omnidekks have adverts for 1/3 buses having WiFi and more having USB ports etc, even though they obviously don't have any of the described features.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Rapidsnap - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 1:23 pm)Dan 5324 is now back at Washington having been repainted into the new corporate livery.

Hahahahaha good luck finding one with working charge points.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Dan - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 2:17 pm)Rapidsnap Hahahahaha good luck finding one with working charge points.

Don't think I've ever had an issue with the ones on the StreetDecks or Volvo B9TLs?

If you're having issues with the ones on Streetlites, report it to the driver. On all Streetlites regardless of operator, Wrightbus have the sockets off by default opposed to on.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Andreos1 - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 12:40 pm)Michael Tbh, i think passengers wouldn't notice, as it's just red, same colour as the old "Northern" livery, although it's a lighter red.

Bet it ends up where it'll be the same as the 49 brand.

Some may not. Some may.

http://thebrandsurgery.co.uk/creative-design/bus-branding-livery-design/

An interesting read.
Whilst they obviously want operators to use their services and brand routes, they have some interesting figures to back up the claims.

If a route isn't branded or doesn't have an identity (route identity or a corporate one), how can the operator sell the service?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017 - Jimmi - 24 Feb 2017

(24 Feb 2017, 1:36 pm)Jamie M Does this bus even have sockets installed?  :s
I like the touch, but they seem to put adverts for chargers/usb ports on buses which don't have them installed. For example, most of the Stanley Omnidekks have adverts for 1/3 buses having WiFi and more having USB ports etc, even though they obviously don't have any of the described features.
Glad it's not just me who is thinking this, I would imagine some people will see these notices and would try and see if there bus has these features and then when they discover their route doesn't have these features, I think it may lead to some to question "why hasn't my route got WiFi or USB ports?" it's little consolation knowing that a certain percentage of these buses have these features when someone's usual bus service doesn't.

(24 Feb 2017, 1:36 pm)Jamie M Does this bus even have sockets installed?  :s

(24 Feb 2017, 3:26 pm)Jimmi Glad it's not just me who is thinking this, I would imagine some people will see these notices and would try and see if there bus has these features and then when they discover their route doesn't have these features, I think it may lead to some to question "why hasn't my route got WiFi or USB ports?" it's little consolation knowing that a certain percentage of these buses have these features when someone's usual bus service doesn't.

There's a line in the link I shared earlier, that suggests using branding to advertise features on the bus.

It's talks about promoting the benefits and demonstrating the value added.

I can't help feeling promoting the benefits of something on another route, slightly misses tthe point.
It's almost like a 'look what you could have won' prize.
https://youtu.be/2idKKKI0wXA

Of course this thought could be avoided if Go North East applied the feature blobs to corporate liveried vehicles.