North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=1949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - EL1TE - 26 Mar 2017

5337 now at Washington
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/gpr_bus_photos/32845659403/in/people/

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Ryan99 - 26 Mar 2017

Heard from a driver deptford is expecting 18 streetlites later this year

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Michael - 26 Mar 2017

(26 Mar 2017, 1:25 pm)Ryan99 Heard from a driver deptford is expecting 18 streetlites later this year

Hopefully but remember never believe drivers.

(26 Mar 2017, 1:02 pm)Greg in Weardale And all these tag lines are unnecessary and pretty naff. Route details along the side are OK, although those in the white strip like the Prince Bishops spoil the livery, but the rubbish tag lines should go. And stop covering windows, still perpetuated on the recent 49 and Wear Express buses.

Yup, you post it everytime you come on, i think we all know your opinion on the "Tag lines and branding over the windows" from GNE...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Andreos1 - 26 Mar 2017

(26 Mar 2017, 1:02 pm)Greg in Weardale And all these tag lines are unnecessary and pretty naff. Route details along the side are OK, although those in the white strip like the Prince Bishops spoil the livery, but the rubbish tag lines should go. And stop covering windows, still perpetuated on the recent 49 and Wear Express buses.

Maybe it is age or something else, but I have become apathetic to the constant changes in branding, design, livery etc.

I used to keep track of all the changes we saw, seeing how the organisation evolved or changed. It has got to the stage now, where I can't keep up with the constant revisions or changes to the identity.
It is seemingly trying to find an identity and ending in a state of flux.

The latest tag-lines add to that, as well as the clutter seen on the side of vehicles.
If it has to be done, my own thoughts would involve using the space to promote something about that specific route or that specific vehicle.
Not something I consider irrelevant, such as going to the moon and back. Or, something that has been touched on in the past, a 'look what you could have won' prize, mentioning equipment on a bus used somewhere else in the region.

I think streetlites should be for 35/36/61

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Michael - 26 Mar 2017

(26 Mar 2017, 4:01 pm)Ryan99 I think streetlites should be for 35/36/61

Anything for the 61, just get rid of those horrid Versa's haha

I've heard loads of rumours lately such as 35/36 is getting streetlites , the 61 is getting the eclipses but better of waiting to see what happens

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Jamie M - 26 Mar 2017

(26 Mar 2017, 5:14 pm)Michael Anything for the 61, just get rid of those horrid Versa's haha
Its like the 34s though, they're awful but somebody has to have them.

If the simplicity versas and lambton worm ones go to riverside if them routes get streetlites

(26 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm)Ryan99 I've heard loads of rumours lately such as 35/36 is getting streetlites , the 61 is getting the eclipses but  better of waiting to see what happens

I've heard the same too, i think the Versa's would be better on the 19, with the Eclipses on the 61 but Percy Main has never had Versa's so not sure if they would ever get them.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - northern156 - 26 Mar 2017

(26 Mar 2017, 12:35 pm)Greg in Weardale Agree See it do it Sunderland is a weak brand name, but at least it's better than the 49 and the unoriginal repetition of indiGo which was bad as a brand let alone being repeated in two other areas which had perfectly acceptable brand names before with local identities.

It's not really a brand as such? Something created by I imagine the city council to promote Sunderland and gain tourism(!) and trade.
It isn't just on buses also; VTEC's 43274 has the tag/logo on it also. Indeed I'd say the same motive behind decorating up a powercar and promoting a new service to/from the capital.

(26 Mar 2017, 6:38 pm)northern156 It's not really a brand as such? Something created by I imagine the city council to promote Sunderland and gain tourism(!) and trade.
It isn't just on buses also; VTEC's 43274 has the tag/logo on it also. Indeed I'd say the same motive behind decorating up a powercar and promoting a new service to/from the capital.

Na, it's not but it's not that good, could be done better, it'll look better on a different colour, maybe white for example, as the gold is too dominating. 

That's on the Citaro's, not the train.

Who want's to come to Sunderland though?, it's a dump, the Bridges is terrible and it's full of road works............. unless they sort the city centre out and Seaburn, we won't get anyone coming.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - northern156 - 26 Mar 2017

(26 Mar 2017, 6:45 pm)Michael Na, it's not but it's not that good, could be done better, it'll look better on a different colour, maybe white for example, as the gold is too dominating. 

That's on the Citaro's, not the train.

Who want's to come to Sunderland though?, it's a dump, the Bridges is terrible and it's full of road works............. unless they sort the city centre out and Seaburn, we won't get anyone coming.

No matter what the logo or tagline is like, if the local councils have got GNE to put it on their buses, they will.

I find it hard to believe Sunderland doesn't get any visitors. It's in the local council's best interests to kick start something like that - it boosts the local economy.
Living close by you may not think that but the beaches around Seaburn are bound to attract folk.

The Bridges being terrible is your opinion; to me it is like any other shopping centre - which in itself attracts people.

Think about it. If nobody visited why is there such a plethora of bus services linking it to other large towns and cities?

(26 Mar 2017, 7:06 pm)northern156 No matter what the logo or tagline is like, if the local councils have got GNE to put it on their buses, they will.

I find it hard to believe Sunderland doesn't get any visitors. It's in the local council's best interests to kick start something like that - it boosts the local economy.
Living close by you may not think that but the beaches around Seaburn are bound to attract folk.

The Bridges being terrible is your opinion; to me it is like any other shopping centre - which in itself attracts people.

Think about it. If nobody visited why is there such a plethora of bus services linking it to other large towns and cities?

Well according to the council we have a lot of money to be invested in the city so looking forward to see where that goes. 

Seaburn will get done, they just doing the final plans, i just think the lack of investment in some parts of the City Centre makes it look horrid, Blandford street is the biggest example.... they need to fill the shops.

NEXT is building a department store soon, so hopefully that's a sign more shops will invest in Sunderland. 

We do have a decent bus service amount of bus services in Sunderland, compared to some places. 

More can be found in the Sunderland development thread

But however if the eclipses go on the 61 they shouldn't get branded with them being 54 plates so it would be pointless

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Rapidsnap - 26 Mar 2017

(26 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm)Ryan99 I've heard loads of rumours lately such as 35/36 is getting streetlites , the 61 is getting the eclipses but  better of waiting to see what happens

What's with your bloody obsession with them Eclipses. They're perfect for the 19, better off leaving them where they are now. The 61 would be better of with Citaros IMO as Deptford already operate a large number of them.

(26 Mar 2017, 7:55 pm)Ryan99 But however if the eclipses go on the 61 they shouldn't get branded with them being 54 plates so it would be pointless

Na, just "Go North East" livery, i remember Dan saying ages ago the Versa's were only temporary for the 61, hence why the service isn't down as "Simplicity" on the "Go North East", hopefully means they still are.

(26 Mar 2017, 8:21 pm)Rapidsnap What's with your bloody obsession with them Eclipses. They're perfect for the 19, better off leaving them where they are now. The 61 would be better of with Citaros IMO as Deptford already operate a large number of them.

They do but not enough for the 61, they only have 4, if you don't include 5284 unless the spare see it, do it will go "Go North East".

They Citaro's on the 35/36 are supposed to be going for refurb after the Citylink 58 Citaro's, so that might be a couple of months away.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Jamjam9204 - 26 Mar 2017

Been told of driver that there are no more streetlites are on order now thats it for this year

(26 Mar 2017, 10:19 pm)Jamjam9204 Been told of driver that there are no more streetlites are on order now thats it for this year

Won't be in this financial year, the 2017/2018 finacial year will start in June, that's what the driver might of meant, not saying you're wrong though.

Go North East are still waiting for the last lot of buses/coaches to arrive though from the 2016/2017 finacial year.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Acky81 - 26 Mar 2017

Anyone know what's going on with the 39 lately? Deckers galore 3979 3980 3981 on the route nearly every day. Could the scanias finally be getting branded