North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=1961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - JP6004 - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 1:11 am)GX03 5235 has now moved to Stanley.

Be nice to see omnis back on the X70/X71. Still miss West Durham Swift brand though

Here's holding out for the 13,14,15.......Maybe X25 too  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - S813 FVK - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 5:46 pm)Dan Yes, it's on both sides. S813 FVK will be happy too, as it's another one with feature symbols added (we're getting there - slowly but surely!)

Indeed! As 5324 is the only bus so far in the full corporate livery (excluding the 'The 49' examples), I am willing to let the others go for now Tongue although 5324 doesn't have the WiFi symbol yet.   

However, I appear spy the NSA symbol on 5439 and no plug socket symbol. As NSAs are not guaranteed on every service that it can be allocated to (although this number is increasing), I would personally avoid applying this symbol to the spare buses. This is the reason why I am against the applying of this symbol to 6099 although it makes sense to have done so, given that SunFM have recorded NSAs for Go North East.

Moving on, do you know why 6133 did not gain new logos? Did it happen to be VOR when Stanley depot was done meaning it was unable to be accessed or is there another reason? 5248 and 5249 still need new logos too but this is more down to transferring in after Stanley was done.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - Dan - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm)S813 FVK Indeed! As 5324 is the only bus so far in the full corporate livery (excluding the 'The 49' examples), I am willing to let the others go for now Tongue although 5324 doesn't have the WiFi symbol yet.   

However, I appear spy the NSA symbol on 5439 and no plug socket symbol. As NSAs are not guaranteed on every service that it can be allocated to (although this number is increasing), I would personally avoid applying this symbol to the spare buses. This is the reason why I am against the applying of this symbol to 6099 although it makes sense to have done so, given that SunFM have recorded NSAs for Go North East.

Moving on, do you know why 6133 did not gain new logos? Did it happen to be VOR when Stanley depot was done meaning it was unable to be accessed or is there another reason? 5248 and 5249 still need new logos too but this is more down to transferring in after Stanley was done.

Not too sure why the power socket symbol was missed off - but some would suggest it's not a bad thing that it's been missed off, given that the sockets can't exactly be relied on, on Streetlites! Undecided

The Next Stop Announcement symbol should definitely be there - especially given that almost every service at Deptford will have Next Stop Announcements programmed shortly. I notice this symbol is missing from the new Venture timetables...  Rolleyes

A handful of buses were off the road at the time that the branding company went into the depot to strip the old logo from buses and replace with the new logo. This didn't apply to 6133 - I think this one was missed as the logo will have to be scaled slightly larger than the standard size. The ones which were missed, including vans, are due to be caught over the next week or two. All of the new corporate liveried buses which don't have yellow taglines and feature symbols are due to receive them at the same time. Fingers crossed!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - Michael - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 6:27 pm)Dan Not too sure why the power socket symbol was missed off - but some would suggest it's not a bad thing that it's been missed off, given that the sockets can't exactly be relied on, on Streetlites! Undecided

The Next Stop Announcement symbol should definitely be there - especially given that almost every service at Deptford will have Next Stop Announcements programmed shortly. I notice this symbol is missing from the new Venture timetables...  Rolleyes

A handful of buses were off the road at the time that the branding company went into the depot to strip the old logo from buses and replace with the new logo. This didn't apply to 6133 - I think this one was missed as the logo will have to be scaled slightly larger than the standard size. The ones which were missed, including vans, are due to be caught over the next week or two. All of the new corporate liveried buses which don't have yellow taglines and feature symbols are due to receive them at the same time. Fingers crossed!

Will the Solo's on the 238 and the Scania's on the 39 get them?

I take it the Citaro's at Deptford are going for refurbishment?, i do hope those 18 Streetlites are for the 2/2A and the 61 Tongue

(20 Apr 2017, 6:39 pm)Michael Will the Solo's on the 238 and the Scania's on the 39 get them?

I take it the Citaro's at Deptford are going for refurbishment?

I said almost!

Speaking of refurbishments - 5277 returned to Go North East this afternoon, with 5296 going in the opposite direction. Painted in Citylink57 blue, rather than the expected black, and 5282 will be painted black instead of blue.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - Venturego - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 6:07 pm)JP6004 Be nice to see omnis back on the X70/X71. Still miss West Durham Swift brand though

Here's holding out for the 13,14,15.......Maybe X25 too  Big Grin

I Don't think Toonlink" brand will be here to stay -Looks dated and amatuerish (imo) - I guess it's a temporary/stop gap move to utilise 12/12A Omnicities with those already at Stanley until new buses or better quality cascades come on to these routes. Omnidekkas to make up PVR for the time being (Some interiors are dreadful although performance is OK)

I agree Swift was a good brand, as it could also imply Express service, although branding could be better executed (I would suggest in the same style as Red Kite) I also in the past suggested "Magpie" executed in a similar bird imagery style (like Red Kite on a Red or "Sky"base to avoid Black & White Football link) when there seemed to be a need for a connection to destination. Magpie would also work as a tenuous link, with it connecting to the Durham Diamond at Stanley (completing the previous through Diamond service from Newcastle to Durham 43/44)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - Michael - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 6:44 pm)Dan I said almost!

Speaking of refurbishments - 5277 returned to Go North East this afternoon, with 5296 going in the opposite direction. Painted in Citylink57 blue, rather than the expected black, and 5282 will be painted black instead of blue.

Why though?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - citaro5284 - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm)Michael Why though?

Question time has finished for tonight  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - JP6004 - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 6:50 pm)Venturego I Don't think Toonlink" brand will be here to stay -Looks dated and amatuerish (imo) - I guess it's a temporary/stop gap move to utilise 12/12A Omnicities with those already at Stanley until new buses or better quality cascades come on to these routes. Omnidekkas to make up PVR for the time being (Some interiors are dreadful although performance is OK)

I agree Swift was a good brand, as it could also imply Express service, although branding could be better executed (I would suggest in the same style as Red Kite) I also in the past suggested "Magpie" executed in a similar bird imagery style (like Red Kite on a Red or "Sky"base to avoid Black & White Football link) when there seemed to be a need for a connection to destination. Magpie would also work as a tenuous link, with it connecting to the Durham Diamond at Stanley (completing the previous through Diamond service from Newcastle to Durham 43/44)

I thought it looked very smart when 1st dome especially with the cityscape. I had thought if the Ten was getting new deckers in the new financial year that the B9s would cascade down to these services. I guess this wont be happening now.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - Ben C - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm)Michael Why though?

I think they've been sent back with the wrong registrations.

(20 Apr 2017, 6:44 pm)Dan I said almost!

Sure the wrong registrations have not been applied?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - S813 FVK - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 6:27 pm)Dan Not too sure why the power socket symbol was missed off - but some would suggest it's not a bad thing that it's been missed off, given that the sockets can't exactly be relied on, on Streetlites! Undecided

I have (well, more you have as I have only changed the colour of the text) split the post into 3 parts as I have contributions to make to all 3 points:

Red: Could it be because 3-pin sockets are no longer a standard feature for new vehicles? Maybe this is just on Streetlites given that, as you have acknowledged, the sockets seem to regularly not work although I have yet to experience this myself having not been on a long journey on a Streetlite yet, nor do I carry my phone charger with me. The Citaro refurbishments do, however, suggest that it will be across all orders regardless of vehicle type.

Pink: It is good to hear that Next Stop Announcements are starting to be form such a large presence. I believe there are currently 266 vehicles in the fleet with NSAs (including the refurbished Mercs which have returned from Blackburn) and by the time the confirmed further 18 Streetlites and all Merc refurbishments are done (5275-5336), the number of vehicles with NSAs will have risen to 334.

As for the Venture, it isn't something I had noticed.  The only thing I could think of the systems being transferred over to 698-700 and 4969/76/90/1/2/5212/5213 (that will include a system from the 3 that transferred to Percy Main) to give the 39 and 238 Next Stop Announcements, maintaining that feature across the whole of the new Sunderland network, whenever it is going to be launched.

Blue: Thanks, I had noticed that the logos on 6133 were slightly bigger than the standard logo seen on all other vehicles, I had suspected that this is why 6099 was omitted but it appears its upcoming revised branding also played a part in this.

Hopefully when they do go around the depots to complete everything omitted, they don't ignore any of the branded vehicles, 691-694 lack WiFi symbols, 5285 lacks all symbols, 5408 doesn't have the NSA symbol on both sides and a couple of Red Kites need their symbols replacing. I also feel that 6118-6121 could do with their side WiFi symbols being replaced. Very hard to spot indeed.

(20 Apr 2017, 7:14 pm)S813 FVK As for the Venture, it isn't something I had noticed.  The only thing I could think of the systems being transferred over to 698-700 and 4969/76/90/1/2/5212/5213 (that will include a system from the 3 that transferred to Percy Main) to give the 39 and 238 Next Stop Announcements, maintaining that feature across the whole of the new Sunderland network, whenever it is going to be launched.

I didn't even notice it too, they might end up at Deptford for the 39 and 238.

If that happens, the only services without NSA's at Deptford would be:

2/2A
9 (may gain 2 from the ex Blaydon Racer batch)
35/36 (likely to change if Citaro's are refurbished, and if the 36 allocation doesn't change)
X36

Hopefully the new network is launched soon... Wonder if they're sticking with "Black Cats"

(20 Apr 2017, 7:14 pm)S813 FVK Hopefully when they do go around the depots to complete everything omitted, they don't ignore any of the branded vehicles, 691-694 lack WiFi symbols, 5285 lacks all symbols, 5408 doesn't have the NSA symbol on both sides

Yep - they're all planned to have the relevant feature symbols added.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - Jamie M - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 7:46 pm)Dan Yep - they're all planned to have the relevant feature symbols added.
5202 doesn't have a front ID either [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

6013 has broken. 2012 Stanley leave 6 is therefore cancelled from where it broke (lintz estate) and the subsequent short 6 to burnopfield at 2257 stanley leave will be ran by an LD/spare bus.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

(20 Apr 2017, 7:46 pm)Dan Yep - they're all planned to have the relevant feature symbols added.

And will 691-694 have their route details altered to show Dalton Park before Peterlee given that is the order that the X6 serves them in (your picture of 694 on the 700 reminded me of that)? Hopefully 653 will have its branding changed soon to reflect its move to North Tyneside.

(20 Apr 2017, 8:10 pm)S813 FVK And will 691-694 have their route details altered to show Dalton Park before Peterlee given that is the order that the X6 serves them in (your picture of 694 on the 700 reminded me of that)? Hopefully 653 will have its branding changed soon to reflect its move to North Tyneside.

Think Michael must have hacked your account tonight, with all of these questions!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017 - Jamie M - 20 Apr 2017

(20 Apr 2017, 7:52 pm)Jamie M 5202 doesn't have a front ID either [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

6013 has broken. 2012 Stanley leave 6 is therefore cancelled from where it broke (lintz estate) and the subsequent short 6 to burnopfield at 2257 stanley leave will be ran by an LD/spare bus.

6014 of all buses has taken over from metrocentre...
Bad to worse!

(20 Apr 2017, 8:27 pm)Dan Think Michael must have hacked your account tonight, with all of these questions!

Wink, wait till tomorrow, they'll be even more questions but for now, you have some peace as i'm off to bed, got to be up for 5am tomorrow for work. Wink

(20 Apr 2017, 8:27 pm)Dan Think Michael must have hacked your account tonight, with all of these questions!

S813: Blobs
Greg: Taglines
STL: Obscure engine mechanics
Michael: Questions

[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Haha sorry, I just have a long list of things that I would like to see changed (some more of a want than a need). Would still quite like to know what is happening with the Venture if they are not going to have new NSAs programmed - may not benefit passengers but it is definitely going to benefit you Tongue

(20 Apr 2017, 8:42 pm)Jamie M S813: Blobs
Greg: Taglines
STL: Obscure engine mechanics
Michael: Questions

[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Aye - I've finally found something else other than destinations to bang on about! Tongue