North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=1990)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Michael - 12 Jun 2017

(12 Jun 2017, 6:24 am)Dan 5464 (NK17 GHU) and 5467 (NK17 GHY).

Four due this week but 5463 was delivered early when it arrived last week, so should be these two and a further one to come this week. I believe a further four have now left the factory and gone for PDI prior to shopping, so quite likely that we have some more arrive early too.

Getting them quite fast, are we expecting Go North East to get them in for checks and to be branded and out quickly as possible?
As it seems to be the case with the one which entered service on the 61 the other day.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Dan - 12 Jun 2017

(12 Jun 2017, 6:31 am)Michael Getting them quite fast, are we expecting Go North East to get them in for checks and to be branded and out quickly as possible?
As it seems to be the case with the one which entered service on the 61 the other day.

Yes - they'll be drip-fed into service.

I think 5466 was only used as Deptford had to supply a bus for the Rod Stewart Park & Ride service in operation on Friday night, otherwise it wouldn't have been allocated to service work so soon. Should only really be allocated as last resort (i.e. if they don't, they'd lose mileage) until Wednesday, as the Next Stop Announcements have yet to be tested, and there's a couple of other things that need sorting yet.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Michael - 12 Jun 2017

(12 Jun 2017, 6:36 am)Dan Yes - they'll be drip-fed into service.

I think 5466 was only used as Deptford had to supply a bus for the Rod Stewart Park & Ride service in operation on Friday night, otherwise it wouldn't have been allocated to service work so soon. Should only really be allocated as last resort (i.e. if they don't, they'd lose mileage) until Wednesday, as the Next Stop Announcements have yet to be tested, and there's a couple of other things that need sorting yet.

Will they be allocated to the 2/2A and 39 in fleet order or in any order?

So 5466 allocated to the 2/2A and so on

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - S813 FVK - 12 Jun 2017

(12 Jun 2017, 10:32 am)Michael Will they be allocated to the 2/2A and 39 in fleet order or in any order?

So 5466 allocated to the 2/2A and so on

I don't think there would be any point in doing something like that. They are all the same vehicle type and have the same branding.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - JP6004 - 12 Jun 2017

newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/go-north-east-is-gannin-alang-the-scotswood-road-in-branded-blaydon-race-buses-245740

Looks like the crusader is the last of the mercs to be refurbed.....for the moment

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Coppercap40 - 12 Jun 2017

Just passed a red streetlite heading east on a69 near horsley

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - S813 FVK - 12 Jun 2017

Loving the 'beep' on the new ticket machines - much better than the old ones although I definitely noticed the time difference as previously mentioned.

What has happened to the new ticket machines? Are they leased from the manufacturer or are they fully owned by Go North East themselves? I sense that the ticket machines on the 49/Diamond Streetlites were not brand new but if they were, it would be a big cost to buy them to replace them only a few months later.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Ambassador - 12 Jun 2017

Not sure what's occurring today but there was no 21 for 40 minutes at Eldon Square then 8 of them rolled in a staggered convoy.

Mental!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Jamie M - 12 Jun 2017

(12 Jun 2017, 4:53 pm)Ambassador Not sure what's occurring today but there was no 21 for 40 minutes at Eldon Square then 8 of them rolled in a staggered convoy.

Mental!
8? Is that a new record?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Ambassador - 12 Jun 2017

(12 Jun 2017, 5:05 pm)Jamie M 8? Is that a new record?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Possibly. They appeared to regulate 2 of them. Wasn't helped by an X88 hogging both stands

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Adrian - 12 Jun 2017

(12 Jun 2017, 4:53 pm)Ambassador Not sure what's occurring today but there was no 21 for 40 minutes at Eldon Square then 8 of them rolled in a staggered convoy.

Mental!

Are those roadworks still going on outside Komatsu in Birtley? They were causing havoc last week.

Having said that though, there should be absolutely no excuse for sending all eight into Newcastle together. Turning them at Gateshead vs sending them through a congested City Centre both directions...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - OW1762 - 12 Jun 2017

Are there any plans for new buses in Durham such as the 50 or the 21 does anyone know?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - BusLoverMum - 12 Jun 2017

Mental!

That's a whole hour's worth!

Any delays on the X21 or X12?

(12 Jun 2017, 8:00 pm)OW1762 Are there any plans for new buses in Durham such as the 50 or the 21 does anyone know?
IIRC, the 50 is run by Washington, now and the 21, as ever, Chester le Street. The 21 is due new buses, at some point within the next year or so, though the X9/X10 is getting them first as it has a much more pressing need for buses that aren't completely knackered!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Rapidsnap - 12 Jun 2017

The 21 should be in line for new vehicles when the "Green Bus Fund" grant expires which I think is the end of this year.

(12 Jun 2017, 6:12 pm)Adrian Are those roadworks still going on outside Komatsu in Birtley? They were causing havoc last week.

Having said that though, there should be absolutely no excuse for sending all eight into Newcastle together. Turning them at Gateshead vs sending them through a congested City Centre both directions...

They are, they were regulating everything into Gateshead one day last week. There was also a demo in Newcastle around Blackett St but didn't seem to impact much. 

The X12 was running about 28 minutes late too which if you apply that logic to a stopping high frequency service does suggest a problem en route. 

New buses for the 21. Think of the worst choice possible and you'll have your answer ?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Michael - 13 Jun 2017

(12 Jun 2017, 6:24 am)Dan 5464 (NK17 GHU) and 5467 (NK17 GHY).

Four due this week but 5463 was delivered early when it arrived last week, so should be these two and a further one to come this week. I believe a further four have now left the factory and gone for PDI prior to shopping, so quite likely that we have some more arrive early too.

I forgot to ask how long does it take to the do the checks on the buses before they're shipped over?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - busmanT - 13 Jun 2017

(12 Jun 2017, 10:58 pm)Ambassador They are, they were regulating everything into Gateshead one day last week. There was also a demo in Newcastle around Blackett St but didn't seem to impact much. 

The X12 was running about 28 minutes late too which if you apply that logic to a stopping high frequency service does suggest a problem en route. 

New buses for the 21. Think of the worst choice possible and you'll have your answer ?

I am sure that having evaluated the MetroDecker, ADL Enviro and the Wright StreetDeck that Go North East will buy the vehicle that meets their criteria e.g. Low carbon certification, Fuel economy, specification, price.
They won't be Volvo as, apart from the hybrid, they do not offer a Low Carbon certified bus.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - cbma06 - 13 Jun 2017

5439 on the 20, front destination scrambled up with wavy yellow lines, but side and rear displays are ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - Michael - 13 Jun 2017

Stand changes in Park Lane from 26th June

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017 - missedbus - 13 Jun 2017

(13 Jun 2017, 5:14 pm)Michael Stand changes in Park Lane 26th June
With the E1, E2 and E6 moving out, GNE and Nexus have taken the opportunity to rejig the stands used, basically meaning that the island stands S, T and V will be very little used, with the only daytime service being the 700 and X36 .