North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=2003)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - peter - 12 Jul 2017

(12 Jul 2017, 5:59 pm)Michael 5210 is now "Go North East".

I find this not surprising and yet surprising at the same time. As we now know, the X84/5 will be going up by a PVR of 1, to a total of 5 from the 23rd of July. If you include a spare vehicle, in a similar role to 5229, I expected 6 citaro's to be moving to Hexham. The fact that 5298 and 5304 have been withdrawn for refurb, suggests that 7 will in fact move and thus I expected 5210 would also be displaced from Hexham to a spare role. However with the withdrawal of 5233, and assuming the rumours of 5229-5233 moving to the 28/28a (obviously now minus 5233) were true, I expected 5210 would be taking 5233s place as a new Waggonway. Perhaps the rumour is not true, maybe it was correct at the time, but since 5233s untimely departure, plans have changed, or maybe the Waggonway is being dropped...anybody able to shed any light on the situation?

(12 Jul 2017, 7:15 pm)G-CPTN The USP of the TEN was its text name rather than a simple numerical 10.

How many other brands (of any operator) are identified by a (simple) text name? - this was brilliant marketing IMO.

In addition the livery was unique rather than appearing to be just a single-coloured bus (the bold (wine) band between the windows added distinction.

While I get your point, you can't deny that it's a bit bland. Dull and darker colours aren't really very exciting to the consumer. A livery that is bright, friendly, and even fun in appearance is more likely to entice the average public joe to investigate. Plus, the additional marketing associated with the launch of a new brand and a more intrinsic link to the area in which the route operates (the Tyne Valley) makes me think they might be onto a winner with the Tyne Valley Ten.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - L469 YVK - 12 Jul 2017

Minus the flag, the TVT brand looks very smart and exciting!

If they do put a spare Tacho bus / buses aside for the TTX / TVT, they should put this slogan on:

"Whether it's down to the Tees Valley or up the Tyne Valley, we'll get you there!"

and maybe an additional tagline for us lot

(P.S, don't forget to bring a coat and money for a Taxi incase 6043-48 turn up)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - LeeCalder - 12 Jul 2017

(12 Jul 2017, 6:27 pm)Andreos1 I've just noticed the Green Hybrid on the ramps in Bazza's photo.

One of the missing Hybrids?

#missinggreenhybrids

I am led to believe that five of the Hybrid's are at Volvo, if anyone could confirm?

#MissingGreenHybrids

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - eezypeazy - 12 Jul 2017

I spotted 6071 being returned to Riverside this afternoon. Might it be out in service tomorrow?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - BusLoverMum - 12 Jul 2017

(12 Jul 2017, 3:54 pm)S813 FVK Didn't realise that they would be branding the 'Tyne Valley Ten's straight away:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/35879543405/in/dateposted/

Looks great

Sems to be a big bunting theme with all the latest Tyneside liveries.

(12 Jul 2017, 6:22 pm)Michael 5477 has now arrived, photo by Bazza: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/35070638133/in/photostream/

His colours are as off as his camera angle. I'd expect a little better from Bazza!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - Dan - 12 Jul 2017

Two Hybrids at Volvo (6057/70), and 3962 at Saltmeadows Road.

No branded spares, so rightly being covered by fleet livery double-decks where possible.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - Ambassador - 12 Jul 2017

(12 Jul 2017, 9:29 pm)Dan Two Hybrids at Volvo (6057/70), and 3962 at Saltmeadows Road.

No branded spares, so rightly being covered by fleet livery double-decks where possible.

Guessing this is on top of the usual Omni and B7 turning up which is why it looks even more 'red heavy' than normal. I mean let's not pretend corporate spares aren't regular.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - Washingtonian - 13 Jul 2017

One of Washington's Red Arrows B9s broke down in Barmston today (6053 I think) while on Scholars duty this afternoon. It must have been overheating as there was steam coming out the back. Seemed easy enough to sort though. The engineers brought another bus to get the kids home and then topped up the coolant of 6053? started it up again and everything seemed fine.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - Washingtonian - 13 Jul 2017

Love the new Tyne Valley Ten branding. Liked the old one but this one looks even better. It looks very smart, vibrant and fresh and it suits that colour. Love the vinyls and the flags. Great job GNE!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - Michael - 13 Jul 2017

(12 Jul 2017, 9:29 pm)Dan Two Hybrids at Volvo (6057/70), and 3962 at Saltmeadows Road.

Why are they at Volvo?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - S813 FVK - 13 Jul 2017

(12 Jul 2017, 9:45 pm)Ambassador Guessing this is on top of the usual Omni and B7 turning up which is why it looks even more 'red heavy' than normal. I mean let's not pretend corporate spares aren't regular.

No but as has been said many times, there are no branded spares for the Angel so the only suitable cover are the Omnidekkas (B7s if all of the Omnidekka's are used). 

It isn't that difficult to understand.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - LeeCalder - 13 Jul 2017

(13 Jul 2017, 6:16 am)S813 FVK No but as has been said many times, there are no branded spares for the Angel so the only suitable cover are the Omnidekkas (B7s if all of the Omnidekka's are used). 

It isn't that difficult to understand.

Surely two of the Hybrid's being at Volvo doesn't warrant several OmniDekka's and President's one behind the other though?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - Dan - 13 Jul 2017

Three Angels off the road again today - so 6134, 6135 and 6140 covering. Same three Angels that were off the road yesterday.

Not sure what else Go North East can do? If this happens to be three consecutive boards, it's nothing but a coincidence. Chester-le-Street will make every attempt to allocate any fleet livery buses to the early return cars, so the service should be fully operated by Angels as soon as the PVR is lower.

One of the OmniDekkas has had to be allocated to one of the late returns today. This means that a changeover is likely to take place later.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - GuyParkRoyal - 13 Jul 2017

If Go North East have to allocate 6134, 6135,& 6140 to the 21 then to be fair in meeting customer expectations these vehicles should be fitted with WiFi and decent seat covering.

When I use the Arriva X12 if they have replaced the the allocated vehicle with a B7 ALX 400 I don't hear passengers complaining that they are getting an old ex London Bus. I suspect that when customers get the same quality seating and WiFi they remain satisfied and probably don't even notice that they have a different vehicle.

Go North East could easily stop all this noise about spare vehicles on the Angel by investing some of the fares increase in a few WiFi units and a new set of seat coverings for 6140.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - LeeCalder - 13 Jul 2017

(13 Jul 2017, 7:01 am)GuyParkRoyal If Go North East have to allocate 6134, 6135,& 6140 to the 21 then to be fair in meeting customer expectations these vehicles should be fitted with WiFi and decent seat covering.

When I use the Arriva X12 if they have replaced the the allocated vehicle with a B7 ALX 400 I don't hear passengers complaining that they are getting an old ex London Bus. I suspect that when customers get the same quality seating and WiFi they remain satisfied and probably don't even notice that they have a different vehicle.

Go North East could easily stop all this noise about spare vehicles on the Angel by investing some of the fares increase in a few WiFi units and a new set of seat coverings for 6140.

Here, Here.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - Dan - 13 Jul 2017

(13 Jul 2017, 7:01 am)GuyParkRoyal If Go North East have to allocate 6134, 6135,& 6140 to the 21 then to be fair in meeting customer expectations these vehicles should be fitted with WiFi and decent seat covering.

To be honest, I don't think there is a great deal of "noise" outside of this forum. Allocations to the 21 service have been a hot topic on this forum for a long time (oh how we miss gtom!) - this isn't a 'new' thing, and goes to show that at a PVR of 17, you can always expect at least one, even possibly two, branded buses to be off the road. If/when the service receives an upgrade, I would imagine two spare vehicles would be ordered as part of the investment.

Red spares have actually formed part of the PVR on the TEN for a considerable amount of time now (not just covering for the branded buses which are unfit for service like the Angel), but we don't see regular comments about this? Surely this is worse?

I'm not saying it is right in either case, and do agree that the investment into more appropriate spare vehicles is something which ought to be considered, but perhaps there is already a plan in the works... I notice 6141 was fitted with Wi-Fi last year, as was 6146. Both of these were also re-trimmed, prior to entry into service. This was all done in the interests of improving customer expectations of the service, when a fleet livery bus is allocated in lieu of their branded bus.

Although Arriva may have appropriate substitutions available at Durham on the X12 service, this doesn't always apply at other locations... Yesterday, I had a pleasant journey on service 23 to Peterlee followed by a connection to the X9 service to Middlesbrough. I arrived, more or less on time, and had a 10-minute connection to the X93 service to Whitby. To my horror, one minute before scheduled departure, a Temsa Avenue rocks up on the stand. This certainly wasn't a comfy 'MAX' branded double-decker, and meant that some customers couldn't sit down on their journey. No Wi-Fi was available (as advertised), either. I had an hour in Whitby before catching the Transdev Coastliner 840 service. I travelled to Whitby to make the 11:00 service from here, as this service was advertised in the timetable to be operated by a new high-spec Coastliner bus. Oh how I was disappointed, when an older Volvo B9TL with less-comfy seats arrived... We passed two services en-route to York: an 840 and an X40. Looking in the timetable, both of these services were scheduled to be allocated an older Coastliner bus. Certainly a case of 'look what you could have won', when the 840 service was allocated one of the new fancy-pants double-decks... Perhaps it's not just Go North East who fall down in this respect, eh?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - thetravelman - 13 Jul 2017

(12 Jul 2017, 8:56 pm)eezypeazy I spotted 6071 being returned to Riverside this afternoon. Might it be out in service tomorrow?

This was parked against the back fence line bordering Costco car park, where the Training Vehicles usually park, when I passed Riverside earlier.

Although I do like the current TEN livery and the colour silver, I do like the look of this new livery for Tyne Valley Ten. It will be good to see a few out in service.

It will also be nice to see a full allocation of branded vehicles, when the Tyne Valley Ten receives a few Cascades from the Tyne Tees Express (possibly), once their new vehicles arrive, instead of the regular Red spares which currently form part of the daily PVR - which Dan has mentioned.

If Tyne Valley Ten, does receive some cascades from Tyne Tess Express, I am concerned a little about their reliability, as there seems to be regular issues with them on X9/X10.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - Andreos1 - 13 Jul 2017

Even eldest Constantopolous (who isn't an enthusiast) who uses the 21 on a twice daily basis is commenting on the missing green hybrids. Or as he put's it 'the green double deckers'.

He doesn't know the vehicle models, but describes rides on 'the single deckers that are like the one's on the 28 and used to be on the M1 and old double deckers'.

If a hormone heavy, stroppy 15 year old can spot the difference, I reckon there will be other regulars who do too.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - citaro5284 - 13 Jul 2017

(13 Jul 2017, 7:57 am)thetravelman This was parked against the back fence line bordering Costco car park, where the Training Vehicles usually park, when I passed Riverside earlier.

Although I do like the current TEN livery and the colour silver, I do like the look of this new livery for Tyne Valley Ten. It will be good to see a few out in service.

It will also be nice to see a full allocation of branded vehicles, when the Tyne Valley Ten receives a few Cascades from the Tyne Tees Express (possibly), once their new vehicles arrive, instead of the regular Red spares which currently form part of the daily PVR - which Dan has mentioned.

If Tyne Valley Ten, does receive some cascades from Tyne Tess Express, I am concerned a little about their reliability, as there seems to be regular issues with them on X9/X10.

Currently out and about on the Ten group of services.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017 - TEN 6083 - 13 Jul 2017

6071 is on 10B if anyone wants it, it’s in Prudhoe now

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk