North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=2013)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Citaro5326 - 27 Aug 2017

Go North East is running a ferry replacement today service 585 , percy main are the depot providing buses.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Citaro5326 - 27 Aug 2017

(27 Aug 2017, 8:24 am)Citaro5326 Go North East is running a ferry replacement today service 585 , percy main are the depot providing buses.

6116 is one of them.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - BFK - 27 Aug 2017

(27 Aug 2017, 8:24 am)Citaro5326 Go North East is running a ferry replacement today service 585 , percy main are the depot providing buses.

Deptford is providing one bus and Percy Main the other.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - G-CPTN - 27 Aug 2017

(26 Aug 2017, 8:35 pm)Ambassador Jesus, had 2 Waggonway solarss today, no ID I'm afraid. But the geaebox and suspension on them was absolutely ruined. Surely, considering the reliability and pvr issues of the 28, the Solar can't have long leftv

I was just thinking (and saying to the driver) yesterday that I hope that the recipients of the X84/X85 Scanias aren't expecting too much, as they are noisy (transmission/final drive), rattling roof panels and dodgy suspension.
Flat out on A69 @ 60mph (?) suggests that they are limited by the gearing.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Tom - 27 Aug 2017

(26 Aug 2017, 8:29 pm)Andreos1 There's been a bit of discussion in the past about the mods.
Quite a few of us have our own specific niche interests. It could be allocations to Deptford, blobs on buses, Renowns, or the mechanical side of things.
One of mine is Public Funds being used to benefit the purse of a private PLC.

When GNE sell these vehicles, the potential to increase the sale value is going to be higher - if only because of the support of the LA's.

Anyway, I've found a quote from earlier this year.

It might be worth looking to see where the old purple Solar's ended up...
DCC contributed a big chunk of money to install the Eminox mods on them.

Think a fair few are on the Blue Arrow?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Cobalt271 - 27 Aug 2017

(27 Aug 2017, 10:21 am)G-CPTN I was just thinking (and saying to the driver) yesterday that I hope that the recipients of the X84/X85 Scanias aren't expecting too much, as they are noisy (transmission/final drive), rattling roof panels and dodgy suspension.
Flat out on A69 @ 60mph (?) suggests that they are limited by the gearing.

Just as well, they can only do 60 along there.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Malarkey - 27 Aug 2017

(27 Aug 2017, 11:27 am)Tom Think a fair few are on the Blue Arrow?

Only 5204 was a PB, The rest of the Blue Arrow ones are formed by the ones previously on Fast Cats, Percy Main also have 4954 formerly a PB/Fast Cats and 4955 also formerly a Fast Cats.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Michael - 27 Aug 2017

Another Gemini 3 spotted at Heysham Docks yesterday: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nsf323alistair/36820171295/in/dateposted/

No idea which one

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Dan - 27 Aug 2017

(27 Aug 2017, 1:05 pm)Michael Another Gemini 3 spotted at Heysham Docks yesterday: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nsf323alistair/36820171295/in/dateposted/

No idea which one

Two - note the body numbers on the caption of the photo.

6309 and 6310.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Michael - 27 Aug 2017

(27 Aug 2017, 1:08 pm)Dan Two - note the body numbers on the caption of the photo.

6309 and 6310.

Oh ye, still wouldn't of known the fleet numbers.

Hopefully all 7 arrive by the 3rd September, when will we see the first one branded and out on driver familiarisation?

I'm surprised that non of the TTX B9's are going to Percy Main for an extra spare for the Coblat Clipper.

(27 Aug 2017, 1:13 pm)Michael Oh ye, still wouldn't of known the fleet numbers.

Hopefully all 7 arrive by the 3rd September, when will we see the first one branded and out on driver familiarisation?

Likely that just 5 of 7 will be ready for 3rd September, with the last two the following week, though getting five on the road is dependent on when they are delivered (we're on a Bank Holiday week, which doesn't help matters!)

One should be branded up and used for Next Stop Announcement testing on 1st September, and another (may be unbranded) used on the same date for driver familiarisation. As they are registered as '67' plates, they cannot leave Saltmeadows Road until 1st September.

(27 Aug 2017, 1:16 pm)Dan Likely that just 5 of 7 will be ready for 3rd September, with the last two the following week, though getting five on the road is dependent on when they are delivered (we're on a Bank Holiday week, which doesn't help matters!)

One should be branded up and used for Next Stop Announcement testing on 1st September, and another (may be unbranded) used on the same date for driver familiarisation. As they are registered as '67' plates, they cannot leave Saltmeadows Road until 1st September.

That's tight to get them prepared for service, i take it that some of the current TTX B9's will be temporarily withdrawn from service after the B5's enter service for repaint etc?

(27 Aug 2017, 1:24 pm)Michael That's tight to get them prepared for service, i take it that some of the current TTX B9's will be temporarily withdrawn from service after the B5's enter service for repaint etc?

There is still a high vehicle requirement next month, so it is unlikely that any buses (6043 - 6048 or any other double deckers in the fleet for that matter) will be withdrawn straight away.

As usual; Go North East has been awarded the contract to operate Baggage Buses for the Great North Run on 9th September, and they will run their own commercial services on top of this.

Go North East will also be supporting the Masters Golf event, operating another Metro Replacement bus service next weekend (after the main blockade finishes), with the possibility of being awarded a further Metro Replacement contract in a few weeks time on the same weekend as Go North East will operate Rail Replacement services between Newcastle, Alnmouth, Berwick-upon-Tweed and Edinburgh. There are also Kynren events on most, if not all, of these weekends, which Go North East operates Park & Ride services for...

So lots going on, in other words...  Tongue

(27 Aug 2017, 1:29 pm)Dan There is still a high vehicle requirement next month, so it is unlikely that any buses (6043 - 6048 or any other double deckers in the fleet for that matter) will be withdrawn straight away.

As usual; Go North East has been awarded the contract to operate Baggage Buses for the Great North Run on 9th September, and they will run their own commercial services on top of this.

Go North East will also be supporting the Masters Golf event, operating another Metro Replacement bus service next weekend (after the main blockade finishes), with the possibility of being awarded a further Metro Replacement contract in a few weeks time on the same weekend as Go North East will operate Rail Replacement services between Newcastle, Alnmouth, Berwick-upon-Tweed and Edinburgh. There are also Kynren events on most, if not all, of these weekends, which Go North East operates Park & Ride services for...

Tongue, bloody metro always has works............... looking at the NEXUS site, from the 3rd September, almost every weekend until the 24th September, a part is closed...... 

Where does the Masters Golf buses run from?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Malarkey - 27 Aug 2017

(27 Aug 2017, 1:29 pm)Dan There is still a high vehicle requirement next month, so it is unlikely that any buses (6043 - 6048 or any other double deckers in the fleet for that matter) will be withdrawn straight away.

What weekend will this occur.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Tom - 27 Aug 2017

(27 Aug 2017, 12:28 pm)Malarkey Only 5204 was a PB, The rest of the Blue Arrow ones are formed by the ones previously on Fast Cats, Percy Main also have 4954 formerly a PB/Fast Cats and 4955 also formerly a Fast Cats.

Searching flickr most of them have been on the Prince Bishops at some point?

(27 Aug 2017, 1:35 pm)Michael Tongue, bloody metro always has works............... looking at the NEXUS site, from the 3rd September, almost every weekend until the 24th September, a part is closed...... 

Where does the Masters Golf buses run from?

Newcastle - I think someone copied the VOSA registration on the upcoming changes thread, a few weeks ago.

(27 Aug 2017, 1:38 pm)Malarkey What weekend will this occur.

16/17th September - same weekend as last year (which scuppers anyone from the North East wanting to go to the Lothian Open Day event) - trains divert via the Tyne Valley Line (Carlisle), with rail replacement services also operating.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx?TravelDate=17%2F09%2F2017&TOC=gr
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/static/documents/maps/Newcastle%20Edinburgh%2016%2017%20September.pdf

(27 Aug 2017, 1:46 pm)Dan Newcastle - I think someone copied the VOSA registration on the upcoming changes thread, a few weeks ago.

16/17th September - same weekend as last year (which scuppers anyone from the North East wanting to go to the Lothian Open Day event) - trains divert via the Tyne Valley Line (Carlisle), with rail replacement services also operating.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx?TravelDate=17%2F09%2F2017&TOC=gr
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/static/documents/maps/Newcastle%20Edinburgh%2016%2017%20September.pdf

Looking back, it was me, i should of remembered hahaha

(27 Aug 2017, 1:46 pm)Dan Newcastle - I think someone copied the VOSA registration on the upcoming changes thread, a few weeks ago.

Absolute nightmare which why I haven't bothered going since the one in 2015.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Ambassador - 27 Aug 2017

What will work the Rail Replacment? I think I'd prefer the 90min Tyne Valley line diversion as opposed to the prospect of Newcastle to Edinburgh on anything aside the Nat Express coaches in the GNE fleet