North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=2042)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - XUP254F - 13 Nov 2017

Somebody still ended up going in the opposite direction to that intended on the 20/20A I was on at Park Lane last week !!
Wonder how often it happens.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - Citaro5326 - 13 Nov 2017

5332 was spotted heading north today same as the others

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - S813 FVK - 13 Nov 2017

648 retains its black cant rail with the 'Stay Connected' tagline and has not been repainted red like the others as of yet.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - MrBoyt - 13 Nov 2017

(13 Nov 2017, 2:42 pm)XUP254F Somebody still ended up going in the opposite direction to that intended on the 20/20A I was on at Park Lane last week !!

It happens every now and then when I'm driving the 88 - Some people think that 88 is one direction and 88A is the opposite. Also people sometimes get confused around Jarrow since you can catch the bus is both directions from the same stop at Morrison's or at the bottom of the flyover.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - G-CPTN - 13 Nov 2017

(13 Nov 2017, 2:42 pm)XUP254F Somebody still ended up going in the opposite direction to that intended on the 20/20A I was on at Park Lane last week !!

As you might know, the TEN drives through the one-way system at Corbridge, and, until recently they were timetabled within a couple of minutes of each other (ten minutes now).
At least once both buses arrived showing the same destination - unfortunately the one most people wanted had just left when the other arrived.

The lack of a rear destination on the B9TLs means that running for a bus can mean rushing for the wrong one.

At one stage we had 'live' displays at the main stop - but they worked on absolute time rather than being reactive as to whether the bus had actually arrived and departed so were actually of little use (Hexham old bus station had the same system - I haven't monitored the displays at the new bus station other than occasionally seeing 'See timetable' displayed).

Corbridge has two major bus routes to and from Newcastle and Hexham (TEN and X84/X85/685) with the stops for each being a few minutes walk from each other with no line of sight between the stops - so if one bus is delayed, the chances of catching the other are greatly reduced (unless you walk across the bridge to where the routes cross)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - thetravelman - 13 Nov 2017

My daughter was on the No 10 heading for Hexham the other day, when a man got as far as Corbridge, started getting agitated wondering why the bus wasn’t heading to Newcastle!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - Andreos1 - 13 Nov 2017

(13 Nov 2017, 11:14 am)BusLoverMum They even leave Durham at opposite ends!

Unless there's a few abandoned Solo's in the way Wink

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - G-CPTN - 13 Nov 2017

(13 Nov 2017, 5:58 pm)thetravelman My daughter was on the No 10 heading for Hexham the other day, when a man got as far as Corbridge, started getting agitated wondering why the bus wasn’t heading to Newcastle!

Recently, an inebriated man arrived at Hexham bus station on the TEN, having boarded at Prudhoe.
He wondered why he wasn't at Newcastle, and, (having been turfed off the bus - which was being taken out of service due to 'leakage' - by him. not the bus) he promptly fell asleep.
When the return bus arrived from the depot he was unable to find his 'all day ticket' . . . (or any money).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - Crusader - 13 Nov 2017

(13 Nov 2017, 5:58 pm)thetravelman My daughter was on the No 10 heading for Hexham the other day, when a man got as far as Corbridge, started getting agitated wondering why the bus wasn’t heading to Newcastle!

I bet if the next stop announcements had been working he would have realised sooner! :-p

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - misfit - 13 Nov 2017

It happens every now and then when I'm driving the 88 - Some people think that 88 is one direction and 88A is the opposite. Also people sometimes get confused around Jarrow since you can catch the bus is both directions from the same stop at Morrison's or at the bottom of the flyover.

Well, you are talking "cabbage patch land."

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - LeeCalder - 13 Nov 2017

There's a picture of the updated Venture livery on Flickr somewhere, which I saw earlier - Don't know what to think, it looks strange without the prominent white 'V', which drew the attention to 'Venture' . There is a 'V' towards the back which you can hardly see, at first I thought it was just muck on the bus. And there's a rear advert across the back panel, which is blue - garish.

EDIT - Said pictures......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_photos/37678958114/in/photostream/

https://flic.kr/p/21pNZSW

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - S813 FVK - 13 Nov 2017

(13 Nov 2017, 9:09 pm)LeeCalder There's a picture of the updated Venture livery on Flickr somewhere, which I saw earlier - Don't know what to think, I expected it to be a bit more. There is a 'V' towards the back which you can hardly see, at first I thought it was just muck on the bus. And there's a rear advert across the back panel, which is blue - looks completely out of place.

Yes - I had trouble spotting the 'V' at the rear too although I put that down to the lighting not been that great thanks to this horrid time of year. I think they could have thought of another tagline to go above the windows as I think that looks a tad empty but I can't think of anything of a length that wouldn't make it look cluttered. 

[Image: 37678958114_ac803d57d1.jpg]Go North East 643 / NL63 XZP. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

[Image: 38338141806_0caef78930.jpg]Go North East 643 / NL63 XZP. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - LeeCalder - 13 Nov 2017

(13 Nov 2017, 9:13 pm)S813 FVK Yes - I had trouble spotting the 'V' at the rear too although I put that down to the lighting not been that great thanks to this horrid time of year. I think they could have thought of another tagline to go above the windows as I think that looks a tad empty but I can't think of anything of a length that wouldn't make it look cluttered. 

[Image: 37678958114_ac803d57d1.jpg]Go North East 643 / NL63 XZP. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

[Image: 38338141806_0caef78930.jpg]Go North East 643 / NL63 XZP. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

Something along the lines of what they used to use, such as 'Venture to.......', can't do that is services are going to be changed every 5 minutes though!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - Jordan2104 - 13 Nov 2017

How come 5274 is branded for the big days out advert but then its covered by other adverts on sides and rear? Spoils it

(13 Nov 2017, 9:17 pm)LeeCalder Something along the lines of what they used to use, such as 'Venture to.......', can't do that is services are going to be changed every 5 minutes though!

Would it matter if they were to get rid of the URL to give them more space for the taglines? Some of the more generic ones such as 'Venture out with frequent connections to Metrocentre' could easily be used again without needing to be altered if there were to be any service changes. At the moment, the branding doesn't tell me that every venture can take me further as it makes no mention of any connections that can be made (eventhough as a local, I know which services serve Stanley and Consett anyway).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - Andreos1 - 13 Nov 2017

(13 Nov 2017, 9:09 pm)LeeCalder There's a picture of the updated Venture livery on Flickr somewhere, which I saw earlier - Don't know what to think, it looks strange without the prominent white 'V', which drew the attention to 'Venture' . There is a 'V' towards the back which you can hardly see, at first I thought it was just muck on the bus. And there's a rear advert across the back panel, which is blue - garish.

EDIT - Said pictures......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_photos/37678958114/in/photostream/

https://flic.kr/p/21pNZSW

I thought the 'V' was sticky residue left over from an old or misplaced vinyl!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - Swiny1 - 14 Nov 2017

X21 6301 just passed QE going towards Wrekenton

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - Michael - 14 Nov 2017

Go North East

We are sorry, but due to continued acts of vandalism and anti-social behavior, we have again temporarily removed all buses from Houghton le Spring Church & Newbottle St. Please walk to the stops on Hillside Way (outside Lidl) to board your bus.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - BusLoverMum - 14 Nov 2017

(14 Nov 2017, 12:36 pm)Swiny1 X21 6301 just passed QE going towards Wrekenton

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Durham road was closed this afternoon
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/local-news/north-east-news-live-latest-13896465

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017 - Andreos1 - 14 Nov 2017

(14 Nov 2017, 7:26 pm)Michael Go North East

We are sorry, but due to continued acts of vandalism and anti-social behavior, we have again temporarily removed all buses from Houghton le Spring Church & Newbottle St. Please walk to the stops on Hillside Way (outside Lidl) to board your bus.

The Broadway (despite being mere metres away from the police station), has been a hot spot for trouble, for years.

edit: https://www.facebook.com/HoughtonResidents/posts/1660789893983365