North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=2063)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Tyne_Traveller - 16 Jan 2018

6077 is the only vehicle on Ten currently working with NSA's I've noticed however it doesn't work on either 10B or 10X but as I don't travel on the 10A I don't know about that one.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Andreos1 - 16 Jan 2018

(16 Jan 2018, 8:39 pm)Michael You'll just get the same answer as before, other routes are a priority before the TEN.... like its been said many times before.

That line could come back to haunt you Michael... Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Michael - 16 Jan 2018

(16 Jan 2018, 9:59 pm)Andreos1 That line could come back to haunt you Michael... Big Grin

Aye it does Wink, was waiting for someone to say that

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Dan - 17 Jan 2018

(16 Jan 2018, 6:50 pm)G-CPTN A few weeks ago I rode on a TEN with NSAs, yet as a general rule they seem to be inactive.
Has there been a problem?
(16 Jan 2018, 8:39 pm)Michael You'll just get the same answer as before, other routes are a priority before the TEN.... like its been said many times before.
(16 Jan 2018, 9:50 pm)Tyne_Traveller 6077 is the only vehicle on Ten currently working with NSA's I've noticed however it doesn't work on either 10B or 10X but as I don't travel on the 10A I don't know about that one.

I'm disappointed it's taken this long for it to surface that we've heard the delights of Emma along the Tyne Valley again!

Not a problem, as such, and a different answer to the one that's been given previously. Some testing 'out in the field' is being undertaken on a couple of buses on the Tyne Valley Ten (6077 is one of them, yes). It's been ongoing since late November and the media is only programmed for the 10 service while feedback is received. It looks like the previous issues, which prevented the media going live all those months ago, have been sorted now, as there's been nothing in to suggest that this isn't the case.

Hopefully in the not-too-distant future, the announcements on the Tynedale Express and Tynedale Links 680 will be tested, and then once any amendments have been made, those two batches of buses along with the Tyne Valley Ten branded Volvo B9s and the Citylink58 Versas, can all be uploaded at the same time (in the same night). This will probably form part of a wider marketing campaign to promote Hexham's services, ahead of the return of the Hadrian's Wall AD122 service.

Much better progress has been made with the announcements recently as I'm sure you will agree; with the Quaylink Q1/Q2/Q3 being enabled again not so long ago, the new Angel buses having the announcements programmed from Day 1 of launch (for both 21 and N21), the cascaded Angel buses now on the Coaster having the announcements programmed from Day 1 of the launch (for both 1/1A), and more recently the Coast & Country having the announcements tested prior to being launched again too. There's been an issue on the indiGo Washington services since the media was programmed for the 81/82/83/84 and Hanover think they have managed to fix this problem now, and is in a position to be tested in the field today after a few months worth of development work, all being well, which will be another one to cross off the list.

Obviously these things take time but there's clear progression being made now, and, all being well, the new 9 and 26 will have the announcements tested and working for Day 1 of the launch later this month, too. The thing which takes the most amount of time is having to set aside a full day for testing before the media is publicly launched (which those of you who follow my Flickr will notice a lot of this has been done on Sundays recently, on my day off!) This is one of the things Go North East are good at doing, and there's a clear difference in quality in the end product compared to Arriva, who quite clearly don't test it before launching it (on some routes at least). I'd say it's better for it to be done correctly and accurately, given that the whole purpose of the system is to benefit those who are visually-impaired and rely on the system to boost their confidence when travelling on the bus, and there's no point racing it out if it's not going to be correct.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Tyne_Traveller - 17 Jan 2018

Talking of things tech I've just downloaded the new app and like the tracking facility which even tells you what the bus fleetnumber is.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Rapidsnap - 17 Jan 2018

Even the demo is been tracked. Currently south of CLS heading North as I type this.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - cbma06 - 17 Jan 2018

(17 Jan 2018, 9:16 am)Tyne_Traveller Talking of things tech I've just downloaded the new app and like the tracking facility which even tells you what the bus fleetnumber is.

Where abouts on the app does it show you the fleetnumber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - RM2186 - 17 Jan 2018

(17 Jan 2018, 9:16 am)Tyne_Traveller Talking of things tech I've just downloaded the new app and like the tracking facility which even tells you what the bus fleetnumber is.

No Washington routes on there

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Dan - 17 Jan 2018

(17 Jan 2018, 2:01 pm)RM2186 No Washington routes on there

I can see them!

.jpg
App.jpg
Size 48.4 KB / Downloads 34

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - westy3738 - 17 Jan 2018

(17 Jan 2018, 2:13 pm)Dan I can see them!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On the list where you can choose your service, there's a few  routes missing.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - XUP254F - 17 Jan 2018

Thanks for the info with regard to the App, although it took me a while to realise it was a different App to that on the GNE website !
Having the fleetnumbers will be very useful !!
I still wish there was the equivalent of London Vehicle Finder for the whole country though, but this will do for GNE.

(17 Jan 2018, 3:48 pm)XUP254F Thanks for the info with regard to the App, although it took me a while to realise it was a different App to that on the GNE website !
Having the fleetnumbers will be very useful !!
I still wish there was the equivalent of London Vehicle Finder for the whole country though, but this will do for GNE.

Same here, only just realised it was another app

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Swiny1 - 17 Jan 2018

How do you get the app please?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

(17 Jan 2018, 4:13 pm)Swiny1 How do you get the app please?

On your mobile go to the App Store and search for go north east, should be a blue square with the word ‘Go’ in white and click on it to download it to your mobile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Swiny1 - 17 Jan 2018

Thanks very much

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - RM2186 - 17 Jan 2018

(17 Jan 2018, 3:35 pm)westy3738 On the list where you can choose your service, there's a few  routes missing.

Thats where I meant that the Washington routes are missing

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - S813 FVK - 17 Jan 2018

Much improved app, the fleet numbers are certainly an added bonus - especially with the white fleet numbers on backgrounds which make visibility difficult (e.g. Venture, Metrocentre Mini & Crusader).

I'm expecting to see a lot of 'bus spotting from home' in the rare & working threads now Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - busmanT - 17 Jan 2018

(17 Jan 2018, 3:35 pm)westy3738 On the list where you can choose your service, there's a few  routes missing.

You can also get the fleet number by tapping on the individual  buses as they move around

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Coppercap40 - 17 Jan 2018

Pity you cannot enter the fleet number to see where it is !!!!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Andreos1 - 17 Jan 2018

Almost predictably, there's no Windows Phone app.
Disappointing they can't even offer a watered down version to suit passengers using that type of phone. Obviously ANE and Nexus can offer an alternative of sorts.

I will continue using the multi-modal, multi-operator, multi-country 'Moovit' app. Realtime tracking and not just limited to GNE. 
Especially handy when in other parts of the country and/or world.