North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=2063)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Michael - 31 Dec 2017

(31 Dec 2017, 9:24 am)Dans_bus_photos The 35 has been a bit of a joke service with all the service changes it has had over the years, although it does seem to have been left alone lately. How comes 5214-17 were allowed to leave Sunderland but were upgraded to euro 5 under the same contract?

Its got timing changes on the 28th January,  same as the 36. Tongue

(31 Dec 2017, 9:24 am)Dans_bus_photos The 35 has been a bit of a joke service with all the service changes it has had over the years, although it does seem to have been left alone lately. How comes 5214-17 were allowed to leave Sunderland but were upgraded to euro 5 under the same contract?

Weren't 5214-17 under Durham Councils funding?, Durham Council were happy for them to leave the 20/20A and move to another service in the area.

------------

6100 has now received its "Daft as a Brush" branding.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - L469 YVK - 01 Jan 2018

The only area in North Tynesife I could see being 'streamlined' would be Hadrian Park with one of the following happening:

- 57 made Newcastle to Wardley only and interworked with a revised 58 service increased to every 10 minutes with 1x every 20 minutes interworking with the 57. The total PVR for the 57/58/309/310 would stand at either 31 vehicles or 32 if GNE permanently added an extra onto the 309/310. Indigo services 40/41 retimed to connect with 309/310.

- Evening 57 made Newcastle to Wardley only and interworked with the 58. Evening 310 rerouted to serve Hadrian Park and short 310 workings changed between North Shields to Cobalt South to beteeen Norh Shields and Verne Road only like now. The evening PVR on all of these services combined would reduce from 12 vehicles to 10 vehicles.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - BusLoverMum - 01 Jan 2018

(31 Dec 2017, 11:25 pm)Adrian The 20 doesn't seem to be too bad Durham end, reliability wise. Its got a huge layover, and has become common sight to see one go on the back wall layover at Durham, as soon as the previous one pulls onto the stand. The only issue you tend to see is around the 1600-1800 peak. 

In my opinion, the new lights and Leazes Bowl works in Durham have made a big difference, but there is absolutely nothing you can do beyond that to cope with the peak time volume of traffic. Durham has for a long time, and will continue to bottleneck, until both North AND South bypasses are designed, funded and built... I can't see that happening anytime soon, but lets see what the County plan brings...

Allegedly the northern bypass would have depended on funding from Sainsbury's as they were keen to tempt customers who didn't fancy the Durham city traffic.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - Citaro5326 - 01 Jan 2018

When will the black cats solars be allocated to the 35 ? I am quite excited to have them espically them 51/02 plates are amazing for the age! Also happy new year Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - S813 FVK - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 10:53 am)Citaro5326 When will the black cats solars be allocated to the 35 ? I am quite excited to have them espically them 51/02 plates are amazing for the age! Also happy new year Smile

I’d assume 29th January onwards. They are required on the 61 until then.

Moving topic re The 49 Streetlites gaining advert boards...are these intended to be filled or have they been requested to remain empty?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - Dan - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 11:05 am)S813 FVK Moving topic re The 49 Streetlites gaining advert boards...are these intended to be filled or have they been requested to remain empty?

Filled - was always intended for the frames to be fitted at some point, which was why the branding was designed to accommodate them.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - Michael - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 11:18 am)Dan Filled - was always intended for the frames to be fitted at some point, which was why the branding was designed to accommodate them.

Not surprised they've gained them, i would imagine the Citaro's for the 9 will gain them at a future date?, but that of course depends on the style of the branding?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - Dan - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 11:21 am)Michael Not surprised they've gained them, i would imagine the Citaro's for the 9 will gain them at a future date?, but that of course depends on the style of the branding?

Wouldn't expect to see the Citaros receive them.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - Adrian - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 10:53 am)Citaro5326 When will the black cats solars be allocated to the 35 ? I am quite excited to have them espically them 51/02 plates are amazing for the age! Also happy new year Smile

Seriously? I'd have had them 15 years ago, but its nothing more than a huge downgrade for customers on that route, getting them on their way to Alpha.

There is often plenty of talk about new buses, new features, etc, attracting new passengers and growing services... I wonder how such a downgrade could ever be justified, when the shoe is on the other foot? 

The 35 itself has become a bit of a joke service. It has been chopped and changed so many times, that it has completely lost its identity. Without getting into the what, why and how of the changes; I just wish we'd get a new route number when routes are changed so drastically. If its no longer the 35, then why call it the 35?  Sad

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - Michael - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 12:07 pm)Adrian Seriously? I'd have had them 15 years ago, but its nothing more than a huge downgrade for customers on that route, getting them on their way to Alpha.

There is often plenty of talk about new buses, new features, etc, attracting new passengers and growing services... I wonder how such a downgrade could ever be justified, when the shoe is on the other foot? 

The 35 itself has become a bit of a joke service. It has been chopped and changed so many times, that it has completely lost its identity. Without getting into the what, why and how of the changes; I just wish we'd get a new route number when routes are changed so drastically. If its no longer the 35, then why call it the 35?  Sad

The council have said they don't want the Scania's to leave Sunderland until middle of 2019, due to the funding they provided to upgrade them to Euro 5, they could of just put them in a spare role at Sunderland and have something else go on the 35, however i would imagine, they have to be on a route on a daily bases.

It's a massive downgrade for a service which has had Citaro's since 2008 (like the from the  Wheatsheaf to Houghton etc section).............................

(31 Dec 2017, 6:55 pm)V514DFT all due respect thats not North Tyneside

Sorry i miss read your post :p

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - Adrian - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 12:18 pm)Michael The council have said they don't want the Scania's to leave Sunderland until middle of 2019, due to the funding they provided to upgrade them to Euro 5, they could of just put them in a spare role at Sunderland and have something else go on the 35, however i would imagine, they have to be on a route on a daily bases.

It's a massive downgrade for a service which has had Citaro's since 2008 (like the from the  Wheatsheaf to Houghton etc section).............................

But how do you justify that to your customers Michael?

I would imagine 99% of them could not care less what agreements Go North East have entered into, in terms of gaining funding for modifications or what not... they will simply look at what turns up for them?

(01 Jan 2018, 12:22 pm)Adrian But how do you justify that to your customers Michael?

I would imagine 99% of them could not care less what agreements Go North East have entered into, in terms of gaining funding for modifications or what not... they will simply look at what turns up for them?

No idea but they'll have some excuse.

Some people will notice a change, my auntie/uncle who has lived in Castletown all her life has gone through loads of services since the 90's from the:

160/163/X4, 537, 186 then they moved in to branding and they got the:

26/36/99

29/39/99

then services got cut to 26, 36A/C/99 and  then just the 26/99, then the 35/36 were changed to serve Castletown (that's off top of my head, may have missed some out)

She and a few others in my family notice the changes and have said the services are all over the place, they don't know when they'll change again...... as you can tell my mams side of the family are from Castletown...... Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - Andreos1 - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 12:07 pm)Adrian Seriously? I'd have had them 15 years ago, but its nothing more than a huge downgrade for customers on that route, getting them on their way to Alpha.

I have kept quiet on the whole Solar, council funded upgrades schebang since it was revealed the 35 was being downgraded.
My thoughts on the Solars and the mods are well documented. So I won't go there.

However, if passenger numbers on the 35 are negatively affected as a consequence of the Solar allocation, then GNE only have themselves to blame.
The took the cash, agreed to the t&c's put in front of them and are now stuck in a situation where new vehicles may only be purchased for the service, if growth is demonstrated.
It could be argued that the change from Shields to North Sunderland has affected financial figures negatively. Ditto the diversion and subsequent involvement in the Silksworth 'bus war'.
I can't see how revenues can be greater on the current route compared to its previous incarnation.

I would suggest the extension of the 20, assisted in the business case when purchasing new vehicles for that route.
How long will it be before we see changes again?
I need Fozz to give me a price on the 35 being extended to Shields and also the 35 being merged/amalgamated on to another service from Boldon. 
I can't see new vehicles appearing on it otherwise.

(01 Jan 2018, 5:35 pm)Andreos1 I have kept quiet on the whole Solar, council funded upgrades schebang since it was revealed the 35 was being downgraded.
My thoughts on the Solars and the mods are well documented. So I won't go there.

However, if passenger numbers on the 35 are negatively affected as a consequence of the Solar allocation, then GNE only have themselves to blame.
The took the cash, agreed to the t&c's put in front of them and are now stuck in a situation where new vehicles may only be purchased for the service, if growth is demonstrated.
It could be argued that the change from Shields to North Sunderland has affected financial figures negatively. Ditto the diversion and subsequent involvement in the Silksworth 'bus war'.
I can't see how revenues can be greater on the current route compared to its previous incarnation.

I would suggest the extension of the 20, assisted in the business case when purchasing new vehicles for that route.
How long will it be before we see changes again?
I need Fozz to give me a price on the 35 being extended to Shields and also the 35 being merged/amalgamated on to another service from Boldon. 
I can't see new vehicles appearing on it otherwise.

End of the month. Wink (timing changes for the 35 and 36, although can't see them downgrading the route from every 30 minutes, runs maybe cut instead)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - V514DFT - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 12:18 pm)Michael The council have said they don't want the Scania's to leave Sunderland until middle of 2019, due to the funding they provided to upgrade them to Euro 5, they could of just put them in a spare role at Sunderland and have something else go on the 35, however i would imagine, they have to be on a route on a daily bases.

Sorry i miss read your post :p

no need to apologize,i do it all the time

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Michael - 01 Jan 2018

What will be allocated to the H1 at Deptford?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017 - Andreos1 - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm)Michael End of the month. Wink (timing changes for the 35 and 36, although can't see them downgrading the route from every 30 minutes, runs maybe cut instead)

Think you're right about the frequency being kept as it is.
The 36 deserves to have a few extra runs I feel. If only to make money, without much of any extra outlay. As an example, there is a board which starts from Houghton toward Sunderland. It has came from the depot, has operated most of the route to get to Houghton... Add some sort of variation to the route so that drivers hours aren't affected and sorted.
This applies for those trips ending in Sunderland too. It could operate as a 78 back to Chester.

When Deptford had the 36, Mercs would run light back from Chester. We are seeing the same now, just in reverse and obviously there are overheads associated with a canny bit of daily light running.

I don't think the consolidation of 3/4 routes is being exploited to its full potential.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Dans_bus_photos - 01 Jan 2018

Surely when the funding was granted for upgrading there Scania's, Go North East should have been aware that they needed to operate these buses on the specific route till 2019. Rather than upgrading the 20 and passing them about onto any service that fits in with the PVR that is operated from Deptford depot, surely in the contract it would specify which service the council was paying to improve the emissions rather than just 8 buses within the Sunderland area?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - gordondack - 01 Jan 2018

I'll pen a complaint to the Directors of GNE when these heaps get foisted on the 35, it is most definately a downgrade and certainly doesn't justify the citaros being removed.from the service regardless of their reasons.  If they downgrade the service and reliability issue arise they will lose  customers, we already got downgraded from a 20 minute service in each direction to a 30 minute service.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018 - Andreos1 - 01 Jan 2018

(01 Jan 2018, 9:09 pm)Dans_bus_photos Surely when the funding was granted for upgrading there Scania's, Go North East should have been aware that they needed to operate these buses on the specific route till 2019. Rather than upgrading the 20 and passing them about onto any service that fits in with the PVR that is operated from Deptford depot, surely in the contract it would specify which service the council was paying to improve the emissions rather than just 8 buses within the Sunderland area?

£600,000 was given to GNE to assist in improving air quality across the 3 LA's. https://cbwmagazine.com/go-north-east-upgrades-to-scrt-technology/
No idea (or can't remember) what specific terms were attached around route corridors.

I hinted on more than one occasion that there 'may' be t&c's which restricted future cascading and can remember eezypeazy in particular being quite vocal and putting his/her unique spin on things on one occasion.
The long term impact of the t&c's, is the downgrading of the 35.
Longer term? Who knows...
We have one member seemingly keen on the new allocation and now another, quite vocally against it.
Keen to see eezypeazy's spin though!