North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=2089)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - TEN 6083 - 05 Mar 2018

[Image: 39743421195_798a78fb04_z.jpg]Go North East 6149 (LJ62KBY) by Bus Enthusiast, on Flickr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - JP6004 - 05 Mar 2018

(05 Mar 2018, 8:43 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 39743421195_798a78fb04_z.jpg]Go North East 6149 (LJ62KBY) by Bus Enthusiast, on Flickr

Looks damn smart!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Andreos1 - 05 Mar 2018

(05 Mar 2018, 8:43 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 39743421195_798a78fb04_z.jpg]Go North East 6149 (LJ62KBY) by Bus Enthusiast, on Flickr

Sporting the scrolling blinds too!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Andreos1 - 05 Mar 2018

Haven't had need for a good rant recently. I think the last was about the fare structure on the purple Streetlites.
Previous rants have been about the purple Solar's.

Unfortunately, this one is also about the Purple Streetlites.

I recently had need to get from South Shields and the bus I needed to complete my journey was the 20A.
It's not a journey I enjoy and although the introduction of the 20A has opened up a lot of travel opportunities, quite a number of the trips on them have been expensive. Needless to say, they can be painful too.
Knackered Solar's replaced by painful Streetlites.

A return for the trip I wanted is £5.00. Unfortunately, I only needed a single (£4.40). Don't worry, I will try my best not touch on the frankly bizarre fare structure in place on the 20's anymore in this post.

Unfortunately, my adventure ended as soon as I looked at the timetable.
It isn't possible to use the 20A beyond Sunderland after 5pm.
Seeing as I needed to get beyond Sunderland and to a portion of route not served by the 20, it instantly meant that the only ticketing option available to me (other than a single and a walk), was a red zone day ticket and the prospect of hanging around in Houghton waiting for a connection.

Genuinely amazed that a service ran off in the peak, I re-read, re-checked and then shook my head in shock.
Buses from Durham run well beyond 5pm. But absolutely nothing starts off at the other end beyond 5pm.

Prior to discovering the flaw in the timetable, I had debated using a return ticket when the time was needed.
Unfortunately, this is no longer an option as the trip south will probably be beyond 5pm.
I investigated time vs cost on the 4/50, 4/Metro and a GNE red zone ticket.
Given the freedom and flexibility a Network Ticket allows me, then any required trips (which will be limited due to the duration of them), there is only one winner.

A frankly bizarre operating decision, that despite looking at, analysing and trying to understand, is one I struggle to get my head around.
Given the frequency of the 20 around Hall Lane during the early part of the evening, sending one around the other Houghton loop must be easy enough to resolve.
After all, there are passengers to provide a service for...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - V514DFT - 05 Mar 2018

(05 Mar 2018, 9:42 pm)Andreos1 Haven't had need for a good rant recently. I think the last was about the fare structure on the purple Streetlites.

I recently had need to get from South Shields and the bus I needed to complete my journey was the 20A.
It's not a journey I enjoy and although the introduction of the 20A has opened up a lot of travel opportunities, quite a number of the trips on them have been expensive. Needless to say, they can be painful too.

A return for the trip I wanted is £5.00. Unfortunately, I only needed a single (£4.40). Don't worry, I will try my best not touch on the frankly bizarre fare structure in place on the 20's anymore in this post.

Seeing as I needed to get beyond Sunderland and to a portion of route not served by the 20, it instantly meant that the only ticketing option available to me (other than a single and a walk), was a red zone day ticket and the prospect of hanging around in Houghton waiting for a connection.

Genuinely amazed that a service ran off in the peak, I re-read, re-checked and then shook my head in shock.
Buses from Durham run well beyond 5pm. But absolutely nothing starts off at the other end beyond 5pm.

Prior to discovering the flaw in the timetable, I had debated using a return ticket when the time was needed.
Unfortunately, this is no longer an option as the trip south will probably be beyond 5pm.
Given the freedom and flexibility a Network Ticket allows me, then any required trips (which will be limited due to the duration of them), there is only one winner.

A frankly bizarre operating decision, that despite looking at, analysing and trying to understand, is one I struggle to get my head around.
Given the frequency of the 20 around Hall Lane during the early part of the evening, sending one around the other Houghton loop must be easy enough to resolve.
I had the same experience(kind of)with the 17/17A,the 17 took a longer route and the 17A a shorter route,but cost the same price,but now the 11 does the same section of the previous 17A between Whitley Bay and Wallsend but costs more and with newer vehicles too

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - GuyParkRoyal - 06 Mar 2018

(05 Mar 2018, 9:42 pm)Andreos1 Haven't had need for a good rant recently. I think the last was about the fare structure on the purple Streetlites.

Just planning my return journey from Durham to South Shields with a choice of the 20 or 50 both taking 91 minutes and both costing £5.10 single fare. Now looking at a return ticket the 20 is £6.20 whereas the 50 is £7.20 a massive £1 difference on the same point to point journey with the same time duration. This lack of transparency in pricing is another example of Go North East being a supplier that is loosing the trust and respect of their customers.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Andreos1 - 06 Mar 2018

(06 Mar 2018, 8:20 am)GuyParkRoyal Just planning my return journey from Durham to South Shields with a choice of the 20 or 50 both taking 91 minutes and both costing £5.10 single fare. Now looking at a return ticket the 20 is £6.20 whereas the 50 is £7.20 a massive £1 difference on the same point to point journey with the same time duration. This lack of transparency in pricing is another example of Go North East being a supplier that is loosing the trust and respect of their customers.

It may not surprise everyone, but they lost mine a long time ago.
Doubt I am the only one either.

I don't think they're unique and I am pretty sure other operators are viewed with apathy too. 
It's not as if their customers haven't fed-back or haven't voiced concerns Then there are those who have voted with their feet.
Resting on the laurels of flawed surveys whilst forcing through changes that inconvenience passengers, but suit their operational agenda/limitations. S Tyneside services and the withdrawal of some day saver tickets are just two of the more recent examples.
Neither of which do them any favours in my opinion.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Jordan2104 - 06 Mar 2018

It looks like 9083 isnt out again

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Dan - 06 Mar 2018

(06 Mar 2018, 10:43 am)Jordan2104 It looks like 9083 isnt out again

It is - though it's on the 40/41 today (for the time being - should get swapped over as soon as possible).

Was on the 309/310 yesterday.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - S813 FVK - 06 Mar 2018

(03 Mar 2018, 6:52 pm)Dans_bus_photos 5444 has been on the 45/46s today displaying the number plate off 5442!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N07/26725140958/in/dateposted/

Still like that today, although I have now reported it to customer services so hopefully will be rectified ASAP.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Rapidsnap - 06 Mar 2018

9083 is currently heading to Blyth on the 309. Shoulf be around Cobalt at 1510.

Shame I missed it on the 40 and 41, but with weather being pants this morning I opted to stay in bed until lunchtime.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Dan - 06 Mar 2018

(06 Mar 2018, 11:55 am)S813 FVK Still like that today, although I have now reported it to customer services so hopefully will be rectified ASAP.

Was due to be changed back tonight anyway, once the depot had been made aware. Shouldn't ever happen, but it's an easy mistake really. Both buses off the road at the same time, with the same thing being worked on...

Isn't the first time it's happened (at GNE or other operators in the North East), and I'm sure it won't be the last!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - S813 FVK - 06 Mar 2018

(06 Mar 2018, 3:48 pm)Dan Was due to be changed back tonight anyway, once the depot had been made aware. Shouldn't ever happen, but it's an easy mistake really. Both buses off the road at the same time, with the same thing being worked on...

Isn't the first time it's happened (at GNE or other operators in the North East), and I'm sure it won't be the last!

Thought that might be the case - with the recent weather I can only imagine just how many panels have had to be replaced. 

5442 has been running around with correct places on both ends though - or at least was today when I saw it.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Jordan2104 - 06 Mar 2018

(06 Mar 2018, 3:10 pm)Rapidsnap 9083 is currently heading to Blyth on the 309. Shoulf be around Cobalt at 1510.

Shame I missed it on the 40 and 41, but with weather being pants this morning I opted to stay in bed until lunchtime.

Has it got destinations programmed for 40/41?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Coppercap40 - 07 Mar 2018

Can anyone please tell me if 9083 is out today and what times it is likely to be in Haymarket ?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018 - V514DFT - 07 Mar 2018

March Go North East Latest News and Discussion

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Jordan2104 - 07 Mar 2018

(07 Mar 2018, 9:54 am)Coppercap40 Can anyone please tell me if 9083 is out today and what times it is likely to be in Haymarket ?

Its on 309/310 today.
1212-haymarket-blyth
1321-blyth-haymarket
1434-haymarket-north shields

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2018 - Coppercap40 - 07 Mar 2018

(07 Mar 2018, 10:43 am)Jordan2104 Its on 309/310 today.
1212-haymarket-blyth
1321-blyth-haymarket
1434-haymarket-north shields

Many Thanks   Smile

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018 - TEN 6083 - 07 Mar 2018

[Image: 9b4b1bc0ad46b9f14d78e8200029aadb.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018 - S813 FVK - 07 Mar 2018

6160 is the 4th B9TL to enter service - has the Stay Connected tagline