North East Buses
Scarlet Band Motors - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: County Durham Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Thread: Scarlet Band Motors (/showthread.php?tid=215)

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - JoshP - 08 Apr 2014

(08 Apr 2014, 5:30 pm)Jimmi ITS HIDEOUS!!!

Also the Bellwood & Harris vinyls are peeling off on the windows.

All vehicles, Solos and Enviros, should have a plain white base paint with a simple scarlet coloured band and scarlet band lettering placed somewhere.

The corporate cream livery isn't too nice either, in my opinion.

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - Jimmi - 08 Apr 2014

(08 Apr 2014, 7:05 pm)JoshP All vehicles, Solos and Enviros, should have a plain white base paint with a simple scarlet coloured band and scarlet band lettering placed somewhere.

The corporate cream livery isn't too nice either, in my opinion.

I like the corporate cream livery.

I just wish there whole fleet was the same colour, I saw the ex Nottingham Solo the other day and it is still all green.

I also wish they would update the roller destination blinds as they haven't been updated since January 2012, which means on most of the time the destination is set as "SERVICE" or left blank, sometimes "DARLINGTON" is displayed on Service 16.

(08 Apr 2014, 7:23 pm)Jimmi I like the corporate cream livery.

I just wish there whole fleet was the same colour, I saw the ex Nottingham Solo the other day and it is still all green.

I also wish they would update the roller destination blinds as they haven't been updated since January 2012, which means on most of the time the destination is set as "SERVICE" or left blank, sometimes "DARLINGTON" is displayed on Service 16.

And the website needs updating, the timetables are fine and updated but the last news post was from Christmas 2012...

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - tyresmoke - 08 Apr 2014

(08 Apr 2014, 7:23 pm)Jimmi I like the corporate cream livery.

Indeed I passed the green (ex Nottingham) Solo today on the 33 today, didn't even have any working blinds! Just a paper 33 in the front ...

(08 Apr 2014, 7:40 pm)tyresmoke Indeed I passed the green (ex Nottingham) Solo today on the 33 today, didn't even have any working blinds! Just a paper 33 in the front ...

It had the number blinds but now they've put an old flip dot? display that only shows a line at the top.

(08 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm)Jimmi It had the number blinds but now they've put an old flip dot? display that only shows a line at the top.

With all their routes in Durham and their funding, I'm sure they have some spare cash to purchase Hannover displays for their vehicles without them and afford a system to update them regularly.

(08 Apr 2014, 7:46 pm)JoshP With all their routes in Durham and their funding, I'm sure they have some spare cash to purchase Hannover displays for their vehicles without them and afford a system to update them regularly.

For ages they had a Mercedes Vairo that had an LED but had nothing programmed in, same with the ex GNE Solo, and I think YT51 EAW (The Pink Bus) had LEDs when it arrived at Scarlet Band but they ripped them out and replaced it with roller destination equipment.

The ex Nottingham Solo display was probably ripped out one of the withdrawn Renaults.

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - James Moss Mccrossan - 08 Apr 2014

Is the ex Nottingham solo any good to ride

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - tyresmoke - 08 Apr 2014

(08 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm)Jimmi It had the number blinds but now they've put an old flip dot? display that only shows a line at the top.

Thought so! Was trying to tell as I flashed past it at a closing speed of about 60! lol

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - Jimmi - 09 Apr 2014

(08 Apr 2014, 7:40 pm)tyresmoke Indeed I passed the green (ex Nottingham) Solo today on the 33 today, didn't even have any working blinds! Just a paper 33 in the front ...

Its on the 33 again today.

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - tyresmoke - 09 Apr 2014

(09 Apr 2014, 9:15 am)Jimmi Its on the 33 again today.

Must have been a changeover as it was X315CBT this morning! About time the green one saw a paintbrush

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - Jimmi - 09 Apr 2014

(08 Apr 2014, 3:55 pm)GuyParkRoyal The ex Rossendale Solo that usually does the Chester le Street Local has been missing since last week. The Scarlet Band 90 years Solo was on that route last Wednesday, an Enviro 200 on Thursday & Friday then a different Enviro 200 yesterday.

The Rossendale Solo is back out on Chester services today.

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - Jimmi - 23 Apr 2014

Scarlet Band must have been short today.

Service 16/16A had YJ06 YRD.
Services 110/111/112 had ex Nottingham Solo Y236 LRR.
Service 33 had East Durham Hospital Link Mercedes Sprinter DE52 OLM.

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - Jimmi - 01 May 2014

On VOSA today:

PB1111930/8 - SCARLET BAND BUS & COACH LTD T/A SCARLET BAND, WELFARE GARAGE, STATION ROAD, WEST CORNFORTH, FERRYHILL, DL17 9LA

Variation Accepted: Operating between DARLINGTON COLLEGE and BARNARD CASTLE given service number 84/84A/85/95/96 effective from 02-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - busman101 - 01 May 2014

(01 May 2014, 7:42 pm)Jimmi On VOSA today:

PB1111930/8 - SCARLET BAND BUS & COACH LTD T/A SCARLET BAND, WELFARE GARAGE, STATION ROAD, WEST CORNFORTH, FERRYHILL, DL17 9LA

Variation Accepted: Operating between DARLINGTON COLLEGE and BARNARD CASTLE given service number 84/84A/85/95/96 effective from 02-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

Have they not put one in to change the 701 in Chester-le-Street as the last one usually runs early - due to leave at 17.09 and seen it early 3 times so far this week, but it was only a minute today. It had 2 drivers on it on Tuesday and it was at the top stop in Chester before it should have left the bottom !!!

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - Jimmi - 01 May 2014

(01 May 2014, 8:13 pm)busman101 Have they not put one in to change the 701 in Chester-le-Street as the last one usually runs early - due to leave at 17.09 and seen it early 3 times so far this week, but it was only a minute today. It had 2 drivers on it on Tuesday and it was at the top stop in Chester before it should have left the bottom !!!

Nothing has been in for the Chester local services that I know of.

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - busman101 - 02 May 2014

(01 May 2014, 8:30 pm)Jimmi Nothing has been in for the Chester local services that I know of.

It was away sharp again tonight - I got to the stop at 17.07 & it had already gone. Good job I'm not VOSA as it's run early 4 days out of 5 this week !

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - JoshP - 02 May 2014

Is there any news regarding repainting of the Nottingham Solo? It just doesn't fit in, just as the Pink bus doesn't either.

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - Jimmi - 02 May 2014

(02 May 2014, 5:00 pm)JoshP Is there any news regarding repainting of the Nottingham Solo? It just doesn't fit in, just as the Pink bus doesn't either.

Still in Nottingham green.

Really does need repainting.

RE: Scarlet Band Motors - Jimmi - 16 May 2014

Changes to services from Monday 2nd June.

84A - Journey currently starting at Darlington College at 1625 will now leave at 1610 and run 15 minutes earlier throughout.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt2/84_84A_85_95_96.pdf

113 - 1305 Bishop Auckland - Spennymoor and 1350 Spennymoor - Bishop Auckland journeys are withdrawn.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt2/113.pdf

X49 - Weekday Durham - Brandon journeys departing North Road at 1714 & 1744 are withdrawn.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt2/X49.pdf