North East Buses
LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) (/showthread.php?tid=230)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - mb134 - 02 Mar 2015

If I'm honest I don't really like this new livery, I liked the old East Coast one as it was nice and simple, and I think the trains suited it. This one looks a bit dated if I'm honest, and I don't think the train suits it that well. It might grow on me, however I think that it'll look better on the new trains whenever they are produced. 

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - S813 FVK - 02 Mar 2015

It is ok, doubt they would want to have the same livery on both the EC and WC MLs though. Maybe a reason why the liveries are different?

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - citaro5284 - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 9:06 pm)MarcTheA4 Am I the only one who thinks the Virgin EC Twitter icon looks really smart? Along with a lot of red on the page itself too?

I think it looks great.

You will be on first name terms with the team shortly.....

East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - R852 PRG - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 10:12 pm)citaro5284 You will be on first name terms with the team shortly.....

citaro5284, stop stalking my Twitter! Tongue

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - citaro5284 - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 10:13 pm)MarcTheA4 citaro5284, stop stalking my Twitter! Tongue

haha....you will be asking if they take sugar in their hot drinks next!

Its just appearing on mine...no stalking required

(02 Mar 2015, 10:15 pm)citaro5284 haha....you will be asking if they take sugar in their hot drinks next!

Its just appearing on mine...no stalking required

Oh citaro...you never fail to amuse me! Big Grin

Crap.

In hindsight...can't help but feel 91124 looks like a Coca-Cola bottle. Tongue

No, in all honesty I think the livery is alright, but I do think the old EC silver and purple stripe livery was very recognisable around the country - no doubt by 2018 when these new trains are introduced, we'll see the livery as an icon.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 02 Mar 2015

Not being funny, but I couldn't give a rats chuff what colour the train is, who said this or who said that.

As long as its warm, comfortable, reliable and gets me from A-B on time.

Then to get into the nitty gritty, it is re-nationalised and someone sorts out the Nectar shambles Wink

(02 Mar 2015, 10:59 pm)Andreos1 Not being funny, but I couldn't give a rats chuff what colour the train is, who said this or who said that.

As long as its warm, comfortable, reliable and gets me from A-B on time.

Then to get into the nitty gritty, it is re-nationalised and someone sorts out the Nectar shambles Wink

...and, it's not CrossCountry! Wink

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 03 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 10:16 pm)MarcTheA4 Oh citaro...you never fail to amuse me! Big Grin

Crap.

I can see all of your tweets to Virgin Trains EC too...  Tongue

(03 Mar 2015, 8:55 am)Tommy_1581 I can see all of your tweets to Virgin Trains EC too...  Tongue

It's funny that Marcus gets replies to his conversations, but I still haven't got confirmation that they've kept some goodies aside for me...

... It begs the question, what's the connection between VTEC and Marcus, to get all of these replies? Tongue 

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 03 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 11:01 pm)MarcTheA4 ...and, it's not CrossCountry! Wink

I was on them last week when travelling to/from the conference (made sure I booked through EC for points) and it wasn't that bad.
Maybe adaptations have been made to the Voyagers, cos the smells weren't noticeable either.

Getting back to the whole EC Rewards versus Nectar thing, managed to make the bookings I needed to prior to Sundays change.
The first lot of tickets arrived through the letter box today and came in a new VTEC 'pouch'.
The points for travel have already been added to my account, so once the pre-booked tickets have been used, freebies will be booked and milked - then an alternative source of travel or booking site investigated.
Certainly not going to bother with VTEC/Nectar for my points.
If I spend a couple of hundred pound on tickets, I want more than a Sainsburys sandwich as recognition of my custom.

91124 is on:
1S05, 1E14, 1D25 and 1A52.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 9:03 am)Tommy_1581 It's funny that Marcus gets replies to his conversations, but I still haven't got confirmation that they've kept some goodies aside for me...

... It begs the question, what's the connection between VTEC and Marcus, to get all of these replies? Tongue 

Just face it Tommy, you aren't going to get any merchandise. Hundreds of people have asked and if they just say yes to you then the others are going to complain. I have already asked because I have a website and they said no.

They see merchandise as a waste of money.... And let's face it, why would they spend money on thousands of pens etc when they could be spending money on improving the trains.

East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - R852 PRG - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 4:23 pm)leestransportphotos Just face it Tommy, you aren't going to get any merchandise. Hundreds of people have asked and if they just say yes to you then the others are going to complain. I have already asked because I have a website and they said no.

They see merchandise as a waste of money.... And let's face it, why would they spend money on thousands of pens etc when they could be spending money on improving the trains.

Possibly the reason I was getting replies to my friendly conversation, was because I was not badgering them for stuff.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 4:25 pm)MarcTheA4 Possibly the reason I was getting replies to my friendly conversation, was because I was not badgering them for stuff.

Exactly! At the end of the day, if one train enthusiast brags to others about some VTEC merchandise he has, then they are going to want some, so on so on.... That's generally why they don't give it away. Obviously they have Pens etc but they don't give them away for many reasons. One of them being security, people like to walk around pretending they are employees.

(03 Mar 2015, 4:31 pm)leestransportphotos Exactly! At the end of the day, if one train enthusiast brags to others about some VTEC merchandise he has, then they are going to want some, so on so on.... That's generally why they don't give it away. Obviously they have Pens etc but they don't give them away for many reasons. One of them being security, people like to walk around pretending they are employees.

What's the point giving free stuff away anyway? I can't exactly go around with my East Coast bag or EC pen pretending to be staff?

The only stuff that they're not allowed to give away are:
  • Lanyards, a recent "incident" involving either an enthusiast or employee of EC/VTEC on eBay, resulting in the item being removed. The last time I checked it was £30+.
  • Uniform, EC have only gave one set away for special reasons. Previous companies i.e. East Coast (not currently allowed until VTEC uniforms are received and cleared to wear), NXEC and GNER, staff are allowed to sell them.
  • Documents, staff only documents, i.e. diversions, changes to trains etc. 

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Malarkey - 03 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 5:54 pm)MarcTheA4 https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/emdjt42/16694692661/in/people/ - photo by emdjt42

I think it looks rather smart.
Looks very smart, any ideas what time this will be in Newcastle tomorrow as I wouldnt mind a Photo.

East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - R852 PRG - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 4:48 pm)Malarkey Looks very smart, any ideas what time this will be in Newcastle tomorrow as I wouldnt mind a Photo.

I'll ask for you. Smile

(03 Mar 2015, 4:48 pm)Malarkey Looks very smart, any ideas what time this will be in Newcastle tomorrow as I wouldnt mind a Photo.

Ask @Virgin_TrainsEC tomorrow for the workings.