North East Buses
LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) (/showthread.php?tid=230)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - S813 FVK - 16 Apr 2015

More trains are used in service than you think. I would say a 'few' is a massive understatement.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 16 Apr 2015

(16 Apr 2015, 3:27 pm)Robert More trains are used in service than you think. I would say a 'few' is a massive understatement.

Plus add the standby sets that are at various places en route, the Leeds and Yorkshire, Lincoln, Inverness / Aberdeen, Glasgow, Newcastle and London KX.

Probably missed a few just of the top of my head. I believe there is around 4 standby and of course the few that are at Bounds Green/Craigentinny at the moment.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 16 Apr 2015

(16 Apr 2015, 3:27 pm)Robert More trains are used in service than you think. I would say a 'few' is a massive understatement.

Fancy working out the ptr? Wink

http://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/travel-information/timetables/

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 16 Apr 2015

What I meant was the trains in Heaton... There are only a few there.

Seems as though everything I say is wrong to you

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - S813 FVK - 16 Apr 2015

(16 Apr 2015, 4:08 pm)leestransportphotos What I meant was the trains in Heaton... There are only a few there.

Seems as though everything I say is wrong to you

None of your posts indicated that you were on about Heaton depot so it became apparent to me (and probably others) that you were on about the whole fleet. You were the reason i thought you were wrong this time so don't bother trying to start yet another barney because somebody disagreed with you...

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 16 Apr 2015

Who said I was going to start an argument?

That was in the past and most members have started to accept me. Obviously you still hold a grudge

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 16 Apr 2015

(16 Apr 2015, 4:21 pm)leestransportphotos Who said I was going to start an argument?

That was in the past and most members have started to accept me. Obviously you still hold a grudge

Ignore/block him.

I'm being told that there is currently 2 sets (HST/225 unknown) in for exams and the new livery. 43299 hasn't been reported in service and the set it was attached to now has a different power car.

The EMT HST will be able to keep the smooth running if the network without the need of withdrawn sets.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - northern156 - 17 Apr 2015

VTEC have 2 main depots, Bounds Green (London/Alexandra Palace) and Edinburgh (Craigentinny). BD maintains 91/MkIV sets whereas CT maintains HSTs - mostly for East Coast but also for CrossCountry and Grand Central (the odd powercar ends up there every now and then for major exams/overhauls).

Newcastle is used for storage and presentation of VTEC sets. It's owned by Northern but services Grand Central's trains also.

I don't think it is a major task to apply vinyls (hell, East Coast got them all branded pretty much in a couple of weeks from NXEC) but even with failures and unsuccessful planning to get to the right locations, it's not brilliant that, as aureolin said, such a brand-conscious company cannot complete this.

One fully-branded HST set is due in traffic in May so I imagine it'll have been taken from service for a wee while now.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 19 Apr 2015

91108 is in VTEC livery, coupled to 82214. Set BN15.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 22 Apr 2015

4x electric sets in Kings Cross at the moment... All in East coast logos.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 22 Apr 2015

Well were getting there... Trolley service on the 1800, but it doesn't accept cards due to a 'technical fault'...

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 30 Apr 2015

Well this is sharp becoming a running joke. Yet again no trolley service. This time on the 1830 Edinburgh to Kings Cross. It can't just be me...

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - northern156 - 01 May 2015

(30 Apr 2015, 7:49 pm)aureolin Well this is sharp becoming a running joke. Yet again no trolley service. This time on the 1830 Edinburgh to Kings Cross. It can't just be me...

You sure they just don't like you? Wink

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 7:32 pm)northern156 You sure they just don't like you? Wink
It's starting to feel that way!

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - idiot - 05 May 2015

Both journeys at the weekend I used had a trolley service Tongue

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 05 May 2015

(05 May 2015, 9:15 am)idiot Both journeys at the weekend I used had a trolley service Tongue

I think a profile photo that aurelion had has upset Souter, hence no trolley service...!  Wink Big Grin

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 16 May 2015

Mrs Constantopolous was on the 1257 EC service from Newcastle to London yesterday, using up Rewards tickets for 1st.

I know it was a diesel, started in Inverness, but her description was that is was an 'old carriage'.
As I was driving North, for the majority of her journey South, I was unable to get more detail from her, other than the usual selfies etc, taken on a train.
It looked like 1st had leather seats. Doesn't look like the Mallard interior at all.

Having not used an EM HST set, I have no idea whether she was on one of those or something else.

Anyone have any idea was running 1E13 yesterday?

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - northern156 - 16 May 2015

1E13 is booked HST. Looks like you were on EC64 set which was EMT but then repainted into the new EC grey livery. That or the current temporary hire-in from EMT.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 16 May 2015

(16 May 2015, 11:11 am)Andreos1 Mrs Constantopolous was on the  1257 EC service from Newcastle to London yesterday, using up Rewards tickets for 1st.

I know it was a diesel, started in Inverness, but her description was that is was an 'old carriage'.
As I was driving North, for the majority of her journey South, I was unable to get more detail from her, other than the usual selfies etc, taken on a train.
It looked like 1st had leather seats. Doesn't look like the Mallard interior at all.

Having not used an EM HST set, I have no idea whether she was on one of those or something else.

Anyone have any idea was running 1E13 yesterday?

A quick Google images of East Midlands Trains 1st class would suggest that? Not 100% like! 

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 16 May 2015

(16 May 2015, 12:07 pm)northern156 1E13 is booked HST. Looks like you were on EC64 set which was EMT but then repainted into the new EC grey livery. That or the current temporary hire-in from EMT.

(16 May 2015, 12:09 pm)aureolin A quick Google images of East Midlands Trains 1st class would suggest that? Not 100% like!

My first guess was an EM HST (or the ex) but wasn't sure if anything else had arrived on loan, like (heaven forbid), a Voyager set. Or, something from another TOC.

Was hoping (and still am), that someone would be able to confirm the allocated set.
Ended up on a Hull and then back to Neville Hill by my reckoning, if that is of any help.
No idea where it has ended up today.