North East Buses
LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) (/showthread.php?tid=230)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: East Coast - Tommy1581 - 15 Dec 2014

91125 the Sky1 branded locomotive is now back into East Coast grey and purple stripe. Not sure about the Mk4s and the DVT.

RE: East Coast - Tommy1581 - 15 Dec 2014

On the Virgin/Stagecoach franchise... 90% owned by Stagecoach? 10% of the franchise must just be the name.

RE: East Coast - S813 FVK - 16 Dec 2014

(15 Dec 2014, 10:29 am)ArrivaNE_7522 91125 the Sky1 branded locomotive is now back into East Coast grey and purple stripe. Not sure about the Mk4s and the DVT.

Think they are still in the Sky1 livery. Last time i saw a picture of the set they were paired with Flying Scotsman 91101.

RE: East Coast - Adrian - 17 Dec 2014

Not sure what's up with Platform 3 at Newcastle today, but East Coast diverted both the 0655 and 0704 to Platform 4, at short notice.

RE: East Coast - Andreos1 - 17 Dec 2014

#Police Helicopter out #eastCoast #emergencyservices  #rail indecent #Northumberland http://t.co/tL9wJO51hM

Long distance shot of scene involving a class 42 in Northumberland

RE: East Coast - citaro5284 - 17 Dec 2014

(17 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm)Andreos1 Long distance shot of scene involving a class 42 in Northumberland

I thought you would know your trains....class 82, hope you are not blaming fat fingers  Tongue

RE: East Coast - Andreos1 - 17 Dec 2014

Only about 40 years between the two classes... Nee idea!

RE: East Coast - citaro5284 - 26 Dec 2014

Due to over running engineering works, no trains in or out of Kings Cross tomorrow!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1398050/train-chaos-major-london-station-shut-tomorrow

East Coast - R852 PRG - 26 Dec 2014

(17 Dec 2014, 6:18 pm)Andreos1 Only about 40 years between the two classes... Nee idea!

A Class 42? A good old Warship - I've yet to see one in action!

Yeah, 38 built of the class built between 1958 and 1961. Smile

(26 Dec 2014, 5:58 pm)citaro5284 Due to over running engineering works, no trains in or out of Kings Cross tomorrow!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1398050/train-chaos-major-london-station-shut-tomorrow

Wow. That'll hold a lot of people up, no doubt. Probably people's first chance of escaping for the past two days! haha

Let's just hope they have something else up their sleeve!

Currently trying to defend EC on Twitter. They are getting an absolute barrage of abuse over this incident - and it's not even their fault!

Just waiting for my abusive comments back!

RE: East Coast - citaro5284 - 10 Jan 2015

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/business/business-news/hitachi-starts-shipment-trains-uk-8404864

East Coast - MrFozz - 10 Jan 2015

Out of interest would it not make more sense for EC Middlesbrough trains to be directed towards Yarm from Northallerton instead of a reversal at Darlington...

And a train to Sunderland, why not send it up the coast, or would that leave Grand Central upset

RE: East Coast - Tommy1581 - 10 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 12:27 pm)MrFozz Out of interest would it not make more sense for EC Middlesbrough trains to be directed towards Yarm from Northallerton instead of a reversal at Darlington...

And a train to Sunderland, why not send it up the coast, or would that leave Grand Central upset

It'll probably use Grand Central's paths to be honest! Wink

RE: East Coast - northern156 - 15 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 12:27 pm)MrFozz Out of interest would it not make more sense for EC Middlesbrough trains to be directed towards Yarm from Northallerton instead of a reversal at Darlington...

East Coast don't run trains to Middlesbrough, David. Also sometimes diversions that seem odd have to take place due to lack of route knowledge (to train a whole depot of around 50 drivers and 50 guards for example would take forever if there were only four allowed on one route learning loco at one time).

(10 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm)Tommy1581 It'll probably use Grand Central's paths to be honest!  Wink

I don't think there's a lack of paths on the DCL to my knowledge. Smile

RE: East Coast - Kuyoyo - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 8:13 pm)northern156 East Coast don't run trains to Middlesbrough, David. Also sometimes diversions that seem odd have to take place due to lack of route knowledge (to train a whole depot of around 50 drivers and 50 guards for example would take forever if there were only four allowed on one route learning loco at one time).

Yet - talking about the Virgin East Coast plans to serve Middlesbrough in the future.

RE: East Coast - citaro5284 - 19 Jan 2015

Now there is a surprise, reward scheme is changing....

As you may be aware, the Department for Transport (DfT) recently announced that a company led by Stagecoach and Virgin will take over the East Coast Main Line franchise from 1 March 2015. The new company will be called Virgin Trains East Coast. We are emailing you to let you know about the new owner’s plans for the existing East Coast Rewards loyalty scheme. 

Virgin Trains East Coast will be rolling out a new rewards scheme that will deliver a wide range of benefits for Virgin Trains East Coast customers. Nectar, the UK's largest loyalty programme, will replace the existing Rewards scheme. It will be launched on 1 March 2015 and customers will be able to start collecting Nectar points straight away. Nectar points can be collected on any Virgin Trains East Coast journey booked through the Virgin Trains East Coast website. Customers will also be provided with the option to collect Virgin Atlantic Flying Club points. 

Customers will be able to use their Nectar points when booking a Virgin Trains East Coast Advance ticket through the Virgin Trains East Coast website, which is a first for the rail industry. Nectar also offers a range of other exciting rewards for customers to spend their points on with options for days out, entertainment and charity donations. 

Many existing Rewards members will have Rewards Points they want to use, and whilst the scheme will close on 28 February, existing Rewards Points can be redeemed up to and including 30 September 2015 against the current range of rewards. Alternatively, existing Rewards Points can be converted into Nectar points. Virgin Trains East Coast will contact all members of the existing East Coast Rewards scheme from 1 March to provide information on Nectar and how they can redeem their existing Rewards Points or convert them to Nectar points.

RE: East Coast - Andreos1 - 19 Jan 2015

Very disappointing.

It already changed a few weeks back, with passengers needing 2.5% more points.

Instantly turned me towards other schemes (or modes of travel), as with Nectar, it takes a LOT of money, just to get a few quids worth of freebies

RE: East Coast - AXG675 - 19 Jan 2015

I suppose that I am showing my age (72) but i reject as much as I can any kind of 'reward' system.

It has to be paid for. It is a modern con just like the unlamented 'green shield' stamps of history.
Reduce the fares instead of concocting AND paying Nectar for all this overblown stupidity.
Sadly 'huff and puff' is in the DNA of Virgin Anything. 
And as for sending VEC trains to Middlesbrough via Northallerton and Yarm. Come on that is too much like simple common sense. Common sense and the DfT? Not in their DNA

RE: East Coast - tyresmoke - 19 Jan 2015

(19 Jan 2015, 6:30 pm)AXG675 I suppose that I am showing my age (72) but i reject as much as I can any kind of 'reward' system.

It has to be paid for. It is a modern con just like the unlamented 'green shield' stamps of history.
Reduce the fares instead of concocting AND paying Nectar for all this overblown stupidity.
Sadly 'huff and puff' is in the DNA of Virgin Anything. 
And as for sending VEC trains to Middlesbrough via Northallerton and Yarm. Come on that is too much like simple common sense. Common sense and the DfT? Not in their DNA

I wouldn't mind betting that the Middlesbrough trains will pick up Darlington calls out of other trains that will be speeded up by not having to stop there...