North East Buses
Pricing - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pricing (/showthread.php?tid=324)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 7:45 pm)Tommy_1581 I thought it was £1.20?

Is that £1.10 CAT, valid on bus, metro and rail?

If so, I'm going to bloody murder Nexus.
£1.10 - all bus operations in Tyne & Wear, and also covers Metro and Ferry. Additionally covers Northern Rail trains Sunderland - Blaydon.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Davie - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm)Dan £1.10 - all bus operations in Tyne & Wear, and also covers Metro and Ferry. Additionally covers Northern Rail trains Sunderland - Blaydon.

Lee got told you can't use the, on Northern Rail services

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm)Davie Lee got told you can't use the, on Northern Rail services

Challenge it. I've been told I can't use a Day Rover several times, but you clearly can. I believe you can buy both tickets on Northern Rail from the conductor?

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 09 Mar 2015

All of this uncertainty regarding Explorers on rail travel is what really puts me off using the train to add a bit of spice to my reviews.

(09 Mar 2015, 8:03 pm)MarcTheA4 All of this uncertainty regarding Explorers on rail travel is what really puts me off using the train to add a bit of spice to my reviews.

Don't let it put you off, and don't be afraid to challenge it. I've just pointed out that I'd be happy to browse to the Nexus website, and show where it says it's valid, and there's nowt more said on the matter...

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - LeeCalder - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm)aureolin Isn't the £1.10 CAT valid on the Northern Rail service? I'd thought the validity was the same as a Day Rover? 

A Nexus CAT is only valid between NCL and S'land not MetroCentre

(09 Mar 2015, 8:04 pm)aureolin Don't let it put you off, and don't be afraid to challenge it. I've just pointed out that I'd be happy to browse to the Nexus website, and show where it says it's valid, and there's nowt more said on the matter...

Thanks, aureolin. Smile

I just generally don't like to challenge things. Despite desperately wanting to challenge authority at school where it has been abused, I can never bring myself to do it.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 8:05 pm)leestransportphotos A Nexus CAT is only valid between NCL and S'land not MetroCentre

Well I've used it from Metrocentre many times... 

(09 Mar 2015, 8:05 pm)leestransportphotos A Nexus CAT is only valid between NCL and S'land not MetroCentre

Not according to the National Rail Enquiries website: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/prc40d89df4d450aad92148949bd3e52.aspx

You'll need to show your Under 16 Card to buy a U16 CAT, so download your application form now.

Valid on Northern Rail services only between Blaydon and Sunderland

(09 Mar 2015, 8:07 pm)MarcTheA4 Thanks, aureolin. Smile

I just generally doing like to challenge things. Despite desperately wanting to challenge authority at school where it has been abused, I can never bring myself to do it.

I'll probably be doing the trip on Saturday (with a Day Rover - yes I'm actually going to do a day out!). Feel free to give me a shout if you're bothered about getting a bit grief by using one, but I can assure you that it's unlikely you will! Smile

(09 Mar 2015, 8:11 pm)aureolin I'll probably be doing the trip on Saturday (with a Day Rover - yes I'm actually going to do a day out!). Feel free to give me a shout if you're bothered about getting a bit grief by using one, but I can assure you that it's unlikely you will! Smile

I'll be sure to. Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 8:11 pm)aureolin I'll probably be doing the trip on Saturday (with a Day Rover - yes I'm actually going to do a day out!). Feel free to give me a shout if you're bothered about getting a bit grief by using one, but I can assure you that it's unlikely you will! Smile
Can't recall having ever had grief off NR staff for using a £1.10 Nexus CAT to the Metrocentre.

Have seen a Day Rover or Explorer being issued before on a train, too.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 10 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 8:14 pm)Dan Can't recall having ever had grief off NR staff for using a £1.10 Nexus CAT to the Metrocentre.

Have seen a Day Rover or Explorer being issued before on a train, too.

I've seen people use orange-stock Explorers on buses too...

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - LeeCalder - 10 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 8:09 pm)Tom Well I've used it from Metrocentre many times... 

Well according to Nexus and Northern Rail it isn't any more.....

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - LeeCalder - 10 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 8:09 pm)aureolin Not according to the National Rail Enquiries website: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/prc40d89df4d450aad92148949bd3e52.aspx

You'll need to show your Under 16 Card to buy a U16 CAT, so download your application form now.

Valid on Northern Rail services only between Blaydon and Sunderland

It's not anymore

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 10 Mar 2015

I've sent off an enquiry! Angel

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm)MarcTheA4 I've sent off an enquiry! Angel

Haha so have i. Did it through Lisa though, same for you? Tongue 

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 10 Mar 2015

I can assure you they are valid from Sunderland-Blaydon.
Why would they change it?

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 5:01 pm)Robert Haha so have i. Did it through Lisa though, same for you? Tongue 

Who is absolutely useless...

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 10 Mar 2015

Northern Rail saying I would need a £1.20 Child Metro DaySaver...Network Rail saying they are valid anyway.

Who is right? There's only one way to find out...FIGHT!