North East Buses
Pricing - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pricing (/showthread.php?tid=324)

RE: Pricing - Andreos1 - 09 Aug 2022

Someone I know has just returned to work after some time away.
Travels between Concord and The Galleries. There and back x5 a week.
She's just posted on fb that it's £2 single fare. 
It goes without saying, that she's not really in a high paying role and along with the other increases in costs - some of which there are no ways around - the bus will be one of the things that will have to give.

RE: Pricing - deanmachine - 09 Aug 2022

(09 Aug 2022, 12:05 pm)Andreos1 Someone I know has just returned to work after some time away.
Travels between Concord and The Galleries. There and back x5 a week.
She's just posted on fb that it's £2 single fare. 
It goes without saying, that she's not really in a high paying role and along with the other increases in costs - some of which there are no ways around - the bus will be one of the things that will have to give.

£2 single, £3.40 return, £18 week paper ticket on the bus, or £16 week ticket on the app. There are ways to save some money on that.

(09 Aug 2022, 1:08 pm)deanmachine £2 single, £3.40 return, £18 week paper ticket on the bus, or £16 week ticket on the app. There are ways to save some money on that.
See, I had a look online and none of those offers were easily found.

There was a time when Washington drivers in particular would suggest returns. Guessing it wasn't done in this particular case.

RE: Pricing - deanmachine - 09 Aug 2022

(09 Aug 2022, 1:37 pm)Andreos1 See, I had a look online and none of those offers were easily found.

There was a time when Washington drivers in particular would suggest returns. Guessing it wasn't done in this particular case.

Yes, helps I have such knowledge, and I know not all drivers are welcoming to give advice when asked unlike myself unfortunately. The week ticket after all is a City of Sunderland ticket rather than one specific to Washington these days, which might not be immediately obvious, especially with another Sunderland Central ticket.

RE: Pricing - Rob44 - 09 Aug 2022

Im sure i saw on the side of the bus i got to town on Monday that for a weekly on the appt was £6 quid cheaper than a paper ticket. ...... oh if only i had a reliable smart phone, or a phone at all for that matter

(09 Aug 2022, 1:58 pm)deanmachine Yes, helps I have such knowledge, and I know not all drivers are welcoming to give advice when asked unlike myself unfortunately. The week ticket after all is a City of Sunderland ticket rather than one specific to Washington these days, which might not be immediately obvious, especially with another Sunderland Central ticket.
And there's the thing. Drivers haven't shared it. Information isn't easily found on the website and she's likely made her mind up about how to get home and to work for the rest of the week. Possibly beyond that too.
If she doesn't find that info and nobody shares it with her, it's another customer lost. When that's the last thing GNE are wanting.

RE: Pricing - F114TML - 09 Aug 2022

How much would she be paying in fuel to drive in?

RE: Pricing - omnicity4659 - 09 Aug 2022

(09 Aug 2022, 6:23 pm)F114TML How much would she be paying in fuel to drive in?

2 miles (so anywhere in Concord to The Galleries), based on driving at 40 miles per gallon at £1.86 per litre would work out as 42p. 40mpg of course being poor for a car, but shows how much it'll cost in fuel at most.

(09 Aug 2022, 6:23 pm)F114TML How much would she be paying in fuel to drive in?
Pennies. Free parking at The Galleries too.
Just google mapped it and it's 1.6miles there and 1.6miles back.

RE: Pricing - F114TML - 09 Aug 2022

Right, for some reason i thought she was driving from Consett and uses the X5 - clearly I have spectacularly misread that. As you were.

RE: Pricing - Rob44 - 12 Aug 2022

Should the taxi buses operated buy nexus take OAP bus passes and network 1 pasess??? Also whats this £3 flat fare all about

RE: Pricing - reymyster9 - 12 Aug 2022

(12 Aug 2022, 3:00 pm)Rob44 Should the taxi buses operated buy nexus take OAP bus passes and network 1 pasess??? Also whats this £3 flat fare all about
Concessionary passes are valid on Nexus TBs, not sure about Network One.

(12 Aug 2022, 3:05 pm)reymyster9 Concessionary passes are valid on Nexus TBs, not sure about Network One.
not according to the oap's in kibblesworth its a cash only 3 quid fare for everyone?

RE: Pricing - MurdnunoC - 12 Aug 2022

(12 Aug 2022, 3:12 pm)Rob44 not according to the oap's in kibblesworth its a cash only 3 quid fare for everyone?

A more cynical poster might throw accusations of 'fiddling' around, however I'm positive such a well-respected firm like Central Taxis of Gateshead would distance themselves from heinous acts like this, if indeed true. But, I agree, something does smell rotten in Denmark. Perhaps it's just a simple misunderstanding, or perhaps, this forum is ill-informed and wrong about how fares on Taxibus services are operated.

I think the best port of call would be contact Nexus direct via the following methods:

Nexus
Nexus House
St James' Boulevard
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 4AX

Call
Customer Relations
Tel 0191 20 20 747
9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday

They can also be contacted by email at customerrelations@nexus.org.uk
(Thanks ReyMyster9)

(12 Aug 2022, 4:33 pm)MurdnunoC A more cynical poster might throw accusations of 'fiddling' around, however I'm positive such a well-respected firm like Central Taxis of Gateshead would distance themselves from heinous acts like this, if indeed true. But, I agree, something does smell rotten in Denmark. Perhaps it's just a simple misunderstanding, or perhaps, this forum is ill-informed and wrong about how fares on Taxibus services are operated.

I think the best port of call would be contact Nexus direct via the following methods:

Nexus
Nexus House
St James' Boulevard
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 4AX

Call
Customer Relations
Tel 0191 20 20 747
9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday

They can also be contacted by email at 
[email=customerrelations@nexus.org.uk]customerrelations@nexus.org.uk
[/email](Thanks ReyMyster9)

cheers. I'm going to blast off an email on Monday

RE: Pricing - Adrian - 12 Aug 2022

(12 Aug 2022, 4:36 pm)Rob44 cheers. I'm going to blast off an email on Monday
Might be worth asking them why the info isn't on their website, when you do? If they set the fares, I can't see why it wouldn't be on there!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(12 Aug 2022, 4:45 pm)Adrian Might be worth asking them why the info isn't on their website, when you do? If they set the fares, I can't see why it wouldn't be on there!

Ive seach all over. there is a document from when south tyneside started using them in 2010 and all passes were accepted.  There is a bit on fares on ther  1.50 if journey under 2.5kn, 3.50 for all day ticket but i would assume thats on on services that are ran by GCT? I wouldn't be able to use that ticket on a "nexus secured" go north east bus?

RE: Pricing - Adrian - 12 Aug 2022

(12 Aug 2022, 4:51 pm)Rob44 Ive seach all over. there is a document from when south tyneside started using them in 2010 and all passes were accepted.  There is a bit on fares on ther  1.50 if journey under 2.5kn, 3.50 for all day ticket but i would assume thats on on services that are ran by GCT? I wouldn't be able to use that ticket on a "nexus secured" go north east bus?
According to their publication schedule, fares should be listed on the website and be available in paper form: https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/foi_publication_scheme_-_january_2019.pdf

I've never seen anything in paper form, and what is on the website isn't conclusive. This is all it states for single and return fares: https://www.nexus.org.uk/bus-single-and-return-fares

this is what i was looking at

https://www.nexus.org.uk/bus/fares-selected-nexus-bus-services

Just realized its in newcastle  and north tyneside.  So wont apply to the 67/69 when they get ran by GCT Sad

RE: Pricing - Rob44 - 15 Aug 2022

Email sent - got auto reply.....

Thank you for contacting Nexus. We will endeavour to respond to your email within 5 working days of receipt, however, there may be times when we receive large volumes of customer contact due to unforeseen problems and unable to meet response time targets. In these circumstances, we will put a message on the Nexus website explaining the reason and what plans we have in place to ensure the time it takes us to reply is kept to a minimum. If you require travel information, please visit www.nexus.org.uk If you would like to speak to a member of the Customer Relations team, please telephone 0191 2020747. Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.

Kind regards
Customer Relations

Hopefully might get confirmation by friday!