North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 19 Feb 2016

(19 Feb 2016, 7:22 pm)Michael I only use it on Thursdays for college but i haven't this week, i feel the same way haha.

Having the ability to get to/from work in the car in about 20 minutes, depending on the time of day I travel, is far superior than having to rely on the Metro.

Even when you do have to sit in traffic; you're sitting there in your own space and comfort, and can relax.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 19 Feb 2016

(19 Feb 2016, 7:25 pm)Dan Having the ability to get to/from work in the car in about 20 minutes, depending on the time of day I travel, is far superior than having to rely on the Metro.

Even when you do have to sit in traffic; you're sitting there in your own space and comfort, and can relax.

And you have the radio etc, you can even have a sing along even though u look like an idiot doing it.

I'd rather have a car but the Northern train is good for me atm.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - biglugs@yahoo.com - 19 Feb 2016

4001 on train 127

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - 8222 - 20 Feb 2016

Aside from all the delays, I think the Metro has always churned out some good special liveries. What's been your favourite? Mine is this one:

http://s3.freefoto.com/images/23/33/23_33_14_web.jpg

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - biglugs@yahoo.com - 20 Feb 2016

4001/40 on 127 again

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BusLoverMum - 20 Feb 2016

Haymarket metro currently being evacuated. Bleeding noisy alarms.

https://twitter.com/ouryve/status/701031111783268352?s=09

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 1:11 pm)BusLoverMum Haymarket metro currently being evacuated. Bleeding noisy alarms.

https://twitter.com/ouryve/status/701031111783268352?s=09

Ouch. Hope it's nothing serious!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BusLoverMum - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 4:44 pm)Adrian Ouch. Hope it's nothing serious!

Can't find anything about it in my Twitter feed. Might have to dig deeper.

Edit: just a fire alarm, apparently.

And my metro had somehow disappeared from my travel list.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 4:51 pm)BusLoverMum Can't find anything about it in my Twitter feed. Might have to dig deeper.

Fire Alarm.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 21 Feb 2016

Who's doing the 900?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Davie - 21 Feb 2016

(21 Feb 2016, 11:33 am)DanPicken Who's doing the 900?
Arriva according to someone on Facebook.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 21 Feb 2016

(21 Feb 2016, 12:43 pm)Davie Arriva according to someone on Facebook.

Me? 7508/9/17, 7612, 7484/92/4. are on the 900.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 23 Feb 2016

Tyne and Wear Metro
2 mins ·
Service suspended between Heworth Jarrow & Brockley whins due to a technical fault Go North east No 27 9 88 are accepting metro tickets

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 24 Feb 2016

Not a good start to the day:

Tyne and Wear Metro
59 mins
There are delays of up to 20 mins between St James and South Shields , up to 20 mins between South Shields and St James, this is due to a technical fault.

---------

Reports on the Sort out the Metro (official) group..... failed train at Jesmond is causing delays........

Good luck everyone.......

AND AGAIN!

Tyne and Wear Metro
30 mins ·
There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between Jesmond and Airport and The Coast due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

The Q&A on the Metro Facebook and Twitter is finishing soon but here is one of the questions:

There has been a huge spike recently in the number of trains being withdrawn from service because of train faults. Have the causes of these faults been identified and permanently rectified? Or are the same faults recurring? What is the long- and short-term plan to stop these faults occurring?

Tyne and Wear Metro 

The short term plan includes the recent employment of more engineering staff in our maintenance department. In the longer term Nexus are currently working with Government to secure the funding to procure new rolling stock.

Tyne and Wear Metro thanks for the reply. The first part of my question still stands though. Have the causes of these faults been identified and permanently rectified? Or are they same faults recurring?

I like how they've only answered half of the question.............

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - biglugs@yahoo.com - 24 Feb 2016

(24 Feb 2016, 6:55 pm)Michael AND AGAIN!

Tyne and Wear Metro
30 mins ·
There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between Jesmond and Airport and The Coast due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

If its failed trains new trains should be here sooner than later

(24 Feb 2016, 6:57 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com If its failed trains new trains should be here sooner than later

Should of done that instead of refurbishing the current fleet.......... be interesting to see if the Government will actually give them funding for new trains though....... won't be between 2020-2025 though.... that's if the current trains last that long!  Angel  Tongue

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Davie - 24 Feb 2016

(24 Feb 2016, 7:00 pm)Michael Should of done that instead of refurbishing the current fleet.......... be interesting to see if the Government will actually give them funding for new trains though....... won't be between 2020-2025 though.... that's if the current trains last that long!  Angel 
So pleased I don't have to relay on the Metro.

(24 Feb 2016, 7:01 pm)Davie So pleased I don't have to relay on the Metro.

I only use it once a week so it's not bad, i normally get the Northern train to Newcastle on the morning but on the evening, by the time i finish and walk to Central, i miss the 4:30pm one back to Sunderland so its the dreaded Metro.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Davie - 24 Feb 2016

(24 Feb 2016, 7:05 pm)Michael I only use it once a week so it's not bad, i normally get the Northern train to Newcastle on the morning but on the evening, by the time i finish and walk to Central, i miss the 4:30pm one back to Sunderland so its the dreaded Metro.
Mind the 93/94 on peak times in a nightmare due to the traffic on the Team Valley.