North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 26 Apr 2016

Tyne and Wear Metro

There are no trains running between Monument and Heworth in both directions until further notice. This is due to a fire alarm activation. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - G-CPTN - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 9:02 am)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro

Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth.

How does the accounting for this arrangement work?

Are estimates made of how many pax use the bus?

Do the bus drivers 'count' how many?

Is it 'written off'?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 11:13 am)G-CPTN How does the accounting for this arrangement work?

Is it 'written off'?

Bus operators are paid by the hour rather than by how many Metro passengers are carried.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BJ10VUS - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 11:19 am)Dan Bus operators are paid by the hour rather than by how many Metro passengers are carried.

Do you pick which routes accept tickets? For example, the X9, X10 and X36 also cover Heworth to Newcastle Monument, but don't usually take Metro passengers.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 11:45 am)BJ10VUS Do you pick which routes accept tickets? For example, the X9, X10 and X36 also cover Heworth to Newcastle Monument, but don't usually take Metro passengers.

Me personally? Tongue

I believe Metro's Control Room pick the services which accept tickets. They'll pick the most frequent service of the lot, as I think it would incur an additional cost per hour if they wanted to accept tickets on multiple services.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BJ10VUS - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 11:50 am)Dan I believe Metro's Control Room pick the services which accept tickets.

They'll pick the most frequent service of the lot, as I think it would incur an additional cost per hour if they wanted to accept tickets on multiple services.

They'd get things sorted for passengers to continue their journey a hell of a lot quicker if they actually knew which buses ran where, sometimes they're shocking!

And I meant Go North East, not you personally. Unless of course it is you, but I'm sure you'd have a better idea of what runs to what Metro station... I hope?  Tongue

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - neilwatson - 27 Apr 2016

When did this get sorted. I used the metro at 1639 with no problems

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 28 Apr 2016

........ In the last hour or so

There are no trains running between Monkseaton and Tynemouth in both directions, this is due to a failed train. We will update you once we have more information.

----

There are major delays to trains running between Cullercoats and St James due to a failed train.  Please leave extra time for your journey.

----
Some peak services Pelaw-Monkseaton or Regent Centre are cancelled today due to a shortage of available trains. Other services will run as normal but will be busier. Sorry for any inconvenience.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 28 Apr 2016

Tyne and Wear Metro

There are major delays to trains running between South Gosforth and St James due to a train being withdrawn from service. Please leave extra time for your journey.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Deleted - 28 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 11:13 am)G-CPTN How does the accounting for this arrangement work?

Is it 'written off'?

ETMs have a passenger use button in the menu for metro tickets. The rest is as Dan says, that's why it can take a bit before metro tickets are accepted , don't spend a penny until you have to and stop the minute you don't.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - 8222 - 01 May 2016

Does anyone know what the issues are with the Metro trains? I used the Metro yesterday and there was delays due to not enough available trains. It's really starting to put me off using the Metro now; to the point I'd rather drive to Newcastle to see friends and not drink.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BusLoverMum - 01 May 2016

(01 May 2016, 8:24 am)8222 Does anyone know what the issues are with the Metro trains? I used the Metro yesterday and there was delays due to not enough available trains. It's really starting to put me off using the Metro now; to the point I'd rather drive to Newcastle to see friends and not drink.

In short, they're ancient.

Noticed that there were problems reported with a points failure, earlier this morning. That would have been fun for runners needing to get to Sunderland.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DavidSBrough - 01 May 2016

(01 May 2016, 8:24 am)8222 Does anyone know what the issues are with the Metro trains? I used the Metro yesterday and there was delays due to not enough available trains. It's really starting to put me off using the Metro now; to the point I'd rather drive to Newcastle to see friends and not drink.

Nexus/DB found a problem with a number of the metro trains doors so had to take them out of service to sort the problem so that's why there's a shortage of trains.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - 8222 - 01 May 2016

(01 May 2016, 10:12 am)DavidSBrough Nexus/DB found a problem with a number of the metro trains doors so had to take them out of service to sort the problem so that's why there's a shortage of trains.

Cheers!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 04 May 2016

There are minor delays to trains running between South Gosforth and South Shields and South Hylton due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Its getting to the point where people are getting really angry, its getting horrdendous.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 06 May 2016

Getting a bloody joke now, this was off a hour ago:

Trains are running to all destinations, but may be busier than normal due to some peak services being cancelled between Pelaw and Monkseaton/Regent Centre, due to a shortage of available trains. We sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - omnicity4659 - 08 May 2016

Major delays Sth Gosforth to North Shields. Just done the line and all trains are rammed. I advise travelling on 900 via Wallsend.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 09 May 2016

Another week, another load of shite from the Metro!

Tyne and Wear Metro

There are minor delays to trains running between Fellgate and South Hylton due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 09 May 2016

Wouldn't bother using the metro.

Trains are running to all destinations, but may be busier than normal due to some peak services being cancelled between Pelaw and Monkseaton/Regent Centre, due to a shortage of available trains. We sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - JP6004 - 09 May 2016

(09 May 2016, 4:03 pm)Michael Wouldn't bother using the metro.

Don't they mean a shortage of trains that haven't broken down  Tongue