North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DeltaMan - 30 Mar 2023

The Metro/POP app is absolutely hopeless, as with anything NEXUS touches.

My train is in 2 minutes, but it's currently 30 minutes away, and it can't get here anyway as the line is closed. What to believe?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - deanmachine - 31 Mar 2023

(30 Mar 2023, 8:16 pm)Michael I don't really know where all the sidings etc are on the metro/Network Rail but I hope they don't park some in South Hylton, they'll be gone in the morning although they can't get far haha.

Sunderland station could be a place to store them?

There's some sidings in the bit between Sunderland Station and Park Lane.

Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 31 Mar 2023

(30 Mar 2023, 7:50 pm)Unber43 The Metro is currently closed between Brockley Wins and Jarrow, and they said there will be trains between Brockley Wins and South Hylton, but are they just the trains which are currently stuck on that line and can't go to the depot. Also what about driver change overs how do they do that?

God hope that none break down in the coming 5 days

The driver changeovers will be done using taxis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 31 Mar 2023

Newcastle's playing Sunday......

Really, 26/9 should be deckers

But There is no hope that there is enough deckers for the entirety of the 9/5/26/24 circuit, plus on a Sunday they interwork with everything and on an evenign with the 60, unless there was active bus replacement from park Lane.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Storx - 31 Mar 2023

(31 Mar 2023, 9:15 am)Unber43 Newcastle's playing Sunday......

But There is no hope that there is enough deckers for the entirety of the 9/5/26/24 circuit, plus on a Sunday they interwork with everything and on an evenign with the 60, unless there was active bus replacement from park Lane.

Not sure why the 9 and 26 need to be Decker's. Once your beyond Fellgate the numbers heading towards Newcastle isn't big. Most people support Sunderland.

The 27 is the bigger problem especially if they don't do a bus replacement.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 31 Mar 2023

(31 Mar 2023, 5:56 pm)Storx The 27 is the bigger problem especially if they don't do a bus replacement.

There seems to have been a 900/901 through random parts of the day, but only 1-3 buses on each. 

But yeah I agree, there are cancellations tomorrow (just 2 trips). There should be active bus replacement similar to my suggestions for the 56, except driver would just start and finsih at Newcastle. If they're finished they run dead to Gateshead. 

They should do smth like this with the X21 permanently

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - deanmachine - 01 Apr 2023

(31 Mar 2023, 9:15 am)Unber43 Newcastle's playing Sunday......

I've done a few 26s the past couple of days, I haven't had a single person use a metro ticket.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 01 Apr 2023

GNE put out a tweet for delays on the 27/9/56 over the coming days but failed to put on that these delays would have a knock on affect from the 35A/61A/24/5/26/60/20

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - NEbushopper - 01 Apr 2023

At Kingston Park, on the departure board it was showing at around half 2 on 1/4/23 that there was a train due for South Hylton. My guess is a problem with the data. Also 4040 and 4083 are out again.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 13 Apr 2023

https://bbc.in/41lGXTU

We've not had one of these for a while!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - NEbushopper - 10 May 2023

https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/new-stadler-metro-train-completes-its-first-test-run
https://youtu.be/gnbjTIZGDtc

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Unber43 - 10 May 2023

How long before one tears down power lines?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - 54APhotography - 10 May 2023

(10 May 2023, 6:56 pm)Unber43 How long before one tears down power lines?
Pantographs dewire regardless of age, age of train or anything else. They happen, that's why wiring crews are on standby throughout the OLE world

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Busu284 - 28 Jun 2023

Post on the Tyne & Wear Metro Photo group has shown 4055 has left Howdon on the back of a truck. I wonder if this is the start of the old stock leaving

Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 4:13 pm)Busu284 Post on the Tyne & Wear Metro Photo group has shown 4055 has left Howdon on the back of a truck. I wonder if this is the start of the old stock leaving

There was a suggestion on this post that it was the second to be scrapped - what was the first?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Busu284 - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 5:06 pm)Dan There was a suggestion on this post that it was the second to be scrapped - what was the first?

I'm not sure what the first one was. 4055 was at South Shields learning centre so possibly the other LC one has gone

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Ianthegoon - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 5:06 pm)Dan There was a suggestion on this post that it was the second to be scrapped - what was the first?

There was a damaged one scrapped the other year. after it had journeyed south for an assessment but deemed too expensive to repair.  Think the cabs came back up to South Gosforth for use as spares.  Mr Wiki says it was 4022 and was scrapped in 2019.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Storx - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 4:13 pm)Busu284 Post on the Tyne & Wear Metro Photo group has shown 4055 has left Howdon on the back of a truck. I wonder if this is the start of the old stock leaving

There's a few down for scrap as they're being used for christmas trees.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/metrocar-updates-and-withdrawals-tyne-wear-metro.244590/page-5 - Good thread if you want to track Metro availability / scrap etc. 

It's ridiculous the number of trains off now hence the cancellations everywhere. The Metro needs dropped to every 15 minutes asap but they're burying their heads in the sand and pretending everything is alright which is just typical Nexus and blaming Stadler ofc since it's never Nexus' fault.

Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 29 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 8:59 pm)Storx There's a few down for scrap as they're being used for christmas trees.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/metrocar-updates-and-withdrawals-tyne-wear-metro.244590/page-5 - Good thread if you want to track Metro availability / scrap etc. 

It's ridiculous the number of trains off now hence the cancellations everywhere. The Metro needs dropped to every 15 minutes asap but they're burying their heads in the sand and pretending everything is alright which is just typical Nexus and blaming Stadler ofc since it's never Nexus' fault.

I don’t profess to know how many have been withdrawn already, but it is quite easy to work out how many trains they actually require to run the service, and already they have an absolutely crazy number of spare trains.

They must be having some real bad issues (or have withdrawn a lot of trains already) if they struggle to meet service every day, especially since the peak time trains were cancelled.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Storx - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 4:20 am)Dan I don’t profess to know how many have been withdrawn already, but it is quite easy to work out how many trains they actually require to run the service, and already they have an absolutely crazy number of spare trains.

They must be having some real bad issues (or have withdrawn a lot of trains already) if they struggle to meet service every day, especially since the peak time trains were cancelled.

56 or so isn't it I believe. According to RailUK they're down to 71 operational units - there was 90, well ones that can actually move, so not much leverage left considering they're not reliable as an understatement. Believe dropping it down to 15 minutes, got it down to 46 units or so which ironically is what they've got today since there's 4 cancelled boards.

Be interesting to see what happens in winter as cold weather and leaves bring a whole load new lot of issues for them.