North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 12 Jun 2014

(12 Jun 2014, 7:18 pm)Dan My mam told me that she responded: "My son would disagree with you - but we'll leave it at that."

Angel

I think that woman mustn't go out often if she thinks the Metro is perfect

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 12 Jun 2014

(12 Jun 2014, 4:29 pm)Dan Funny story... An old woman was talking to my mam the other day and asked how reliable the 9 was, as she doesn't usually get the bus and only uses the Metro... She claimed the Metro was always on time and very reliable.

The 9 and reliability in the same sentence?!

Re: RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 13 Jun 2014

(12 Jun 2014, 8:43 pm)Andreos Constantopolous The 9 and reliability in the same sentence?!
Percy Main are getting better these days!
Past few days I've actually noticed the PM runs being on-time.
Haven't got Omnis back again though, and none of the B10s are smelling nice lately. Sad

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 13 Jun 2014

Must say the police are really irritating me lately.

I thought people weren't meant to park on the yellow ziggy-zaggy lines at Metro station car parks? Every other day I see a police van there, and they literally get on at Stadium of Light, go to Park Lane, cross over and then go back - repeating the process over and over again.

I saw two of them getting on at St. Peter's too, and there was a few over the Gateshead side of the green line when I was over there the other day.

I really can't see what this is achieving?
Oh yes, and there was about four police officers and about ten Nexus staff in Gateshead the other day - ticket barriers weren't activated or anything though...

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BJ10VUS - 14 Jun 2014

(13 Jun 2014, 11:13 am)Dan Must say the police are really irritating me lately.

I thought people weren't meant to park on the yellow ziggy-zaggy lines at Metro station car parks? Every other day I see a police van there, and they literally get on at Stadium of Light, go to Park Lane, cross over and then go back - repeating the process over and over again.

I saw two of them getting on at St. Peter's too, and there was a few over the Gateshead side of the green line when I was over there the other day.

I really can't see what this is achieving?
Oh yes, and there was about four police officers and about ten Nexus staff in Gateshead the other day - ticket barriers weren't activated or anything though...

Yeah, I don't get why they have police at the Metro stations? There was loads at Gateshead and Monument on some days when the gates first started going on. Surely there are some real crimes the police could be looking out for rather than a few chavs not paying for their ticket?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 14 Jun 2014

(14 Jun 2014, 7:45 pm)BJ10VUS Yeah, I don't get why they have police at the Metro stations? There was loads at Gateshead and Monument on some days when the gates first started going on. Surely there are some real crimes the police could be looking out for rather than a few chavs not paying for their ticket?

Crime prevention partnerships perhaps? I believe GNE used to do something similar with Durham Constabulary. The police will have no involvement in people not paying for tickets, as they have no powers of enforcement in that respect. I'd assume they're looking at other crime, such as vandalism, drunks, graffiti, etc.

Doesn't mean they can park illegally in a non-emergency situation though. Suggest you take a photo and send it in to Northumbria Police if anyone sees it. They'd be quick enough to do it if it was you. Smile

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - R852 PRG - 15 Jun 2014

(14 Jun 2014, 8:57 pm)aureolin Crime prevention partnerships perhaps? I believe GNE used to do something similar with Durham Constabulary. The police will have no involvement in people not paying for tickets, as they have no powers of enforcement in that respect. I'd assume they're looking at other crime, such as vandalism, drunks, graffiti, etc.

Doesn't mean they can park illegally in a non-emergency situation though. Suggest you take a photo and send it in to Northumbria Police if anyone sees it. They'd be quick enough to do it if it was you. Smile

Do you mean the 'Bobby on a Bus'?

I think they still have the odd notice board advertising that. Last time I saw one though it was on 3825 when it was still at Chester!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 15 Jun 2014

(15 Jun 2014, 5:34 pm)Marcus Do you mean the 'Bobby on a Bus'?

I think they still have the odd notice board advertising that. Last time I saw one though it was on 3825 when it was still at Chester!

Remember seeing those on the Limes. Don't think they have them these days though.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - R852 PRG - 15 Jun 2014

(15 Jun 2014, 5:51 pm)Dan Remember seeing those on the Limes. Don't think they have them these days though.

Yes - the Limes as well. Used to be on DAF Worms and Waggonway's if I recall.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Malarkey - 18 Jun 2014

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/new-way-plot-history-tyne-7288779

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 18 Jun 2014

(18 Jun 2014, 4:27 pm)NEBCD Malarkey http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/new-way-plot-history-tyne-7288779

Was just posting this! Beat me to it!

Here is the direct link http://storyofmetro.nexus.org.uk/

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Malarkey - 18 Jun 2014

(18 Jun 2014, 4:28 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Was just posting this! Beat me to it!

Here is the direct link http://storyofmetro.nexus.org.uk/

Just that split second quicker, bet you were guttered

(18 Jun 2014, 5:23 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Just that split second quicker, bet you were guttered

Devastated! Wink

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 18 Jun 2014

The way ahead video is well worth a watch. Some cracking PTE buses included.

(18 Jun 2014, 7:25 pm)aureolin The way ahead video is well worth a watch. Some cracking PTE buses included.

Disappointed with some of the narrative on some of the pictures - but agree with the comments on the videos.
Wonder which Jag Prescott used? Smile

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 18 Jun 2014

(18 Jun 2014, 7:29 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Disappointed with some of the narrative on some of the pictures - but agree with the comments on the videos.
Wonder which Jag Prescott used? Smile

Both of them. Wink

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 20 Jun 2014

No real time train information available on the display boards between Fellgate and South Hylton.

Front doors on Metrocar 4078A are out of order.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 21 Jun 2014

Reading The Chronicle from today and there is a section dedicated to tweets/posts from readers relating to a particular story or event.

Todays section is dedicated to the lost property auction, which raised money by selling stuff left behind on the metro.

One reader/contributor said.
Hope Nexus next time organises it better. People pushing, people being ignorant to fellow people, they should have batched some items together such as toiletries. But the staff there did their best

The name of the poster? Andy Clifford! Big Grin

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 21 Jun 2014

(21 Jun 2014, 12:35 pm)Andreos Constantopolous The name of the poster? Andy Clifford! Big Grin

He must have been flying above the event in the Cliff-copter! Tongue

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - V514DFT - 21 Jun 2014

On the fleet list theres a mistake with 4048 its red not new fleet livery,saw it last week coupled to 4016