North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Tom - 01 Nov 2014

(01 Nov 2014, 11:07 pm)aureolin There have been issues with points at Sunderland since the start of the Season. Wink

There must be issues with driver shortages too Wink

Today, the board at Monument looked like this (I did take a photo but it won't let me upload it from my phone):
1. South Gosforth 2m
2. The Coast 15m
3. The Coast 18m
4. Airport 20m

And on the other side:
1. South Hylton 9m
2. Sout Hlyton 23m
3. South Shields 25m
4. South Hylton 42m

The first time I've seen trains terminate at South Gosforth, and that timetable has totally gone to pot.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Malarkey - 05 Nov 2014

Yet another Petition to extend the T&W Metro to Washington using the old Leamside Line.

http://www.sharonhodgson.org/washington_metro_petition?recruiter_id=21925

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 05 Nov 2014

(05 Nov 2014, 2:32 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Yet another Petition to extend the T&W Metro to Washington using the old Leamside Line.

http://www.sharonhodgson.org/washington_metro_petition?recruiter_id=21925

Signed it

Re: RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Malarkey - 05 Nov 2014

(05 Nov 2014, 2:44 pm)Michael Signed it
I still understand what the fascination is with having the Metro coming to Washington.

It'll obviously have a Severe affect on Local Bus Services in the Area which can only be a bad thing.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 05 Nov 2014

Signature goal is less than 500? The last one had over 1500, and that didn't make much difference.

Rather than the constant fannying around with petitions, does someone in Sharon's constituency fancy writing to her? Ask her for commitment from the shadow transport secretary, that should Labour enter government in 2015, they will guarantee this extension's funding?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 05 Nov 2014

(05 Nov 2014, 3:44 pm)aureolin Signature goal is less than 500? The last one had over 1500, and that didn't make much difference.

Rather than the constant fannying around with petitions, does someone in Sharon's constituency fancy writing to her? Ask her for commitment from the shadow transport secretary, that should Labour enter government in 2015, they will guarantee this extension's funding?

As far as I am aware (or can deduce) - there is only Malarkey and Washingtonian who live in her patch.

Unless you pretend you are back there?

(05 Nov 2014, 6:29 pm)Andreos1 As far as I am aware (or can deduce) - there is only Malarkey and Washingtonian who live in her patch.

Unless you pretend you are back there?

Yup that's what I mean. No good me writing to her, as she doesn't have to reply. If Adam or Ian were willing to write to her, I'd be more than happy to write the actual letter for them to send.

(05 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm)aureolin Yup that's what I mean. No good me writing to her, as she doesn't have to reply. If Adam or Ian were willing to write to her, I'd be more than happy to write the actual letter for them to send.

I'll do it for you aureolin although I am against the idea of the Metro coming to Washington.

(05 Nov 2014, 7:24 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I'll do it for you aureolin although I am against the idea of the Metro coming to Washington.

I'll PM you.

(05 Nov 2014, 7:26 pm)aureolin I'll PM you.

No bother.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 05 Nov 2014

The one which is 'due' is in fact currently terminating at Park Lane, according to the other boards at Heworth etc...

The previous South Shields one had departed just before I took the photo.

Usual fun and games tonight then! This low rail adhesion doesn't seem to be an issue, either... The trains I have been on today have managed the Brockley Whins/Fellgate section fine.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Tom - 05 Nov 2014

(05 Nov 2014, 7:48 pm)Dan The one which is 'due' is in fact currently terminating at Park Lane, according to the other boards at Heworth etc...

Usual fun and games tonight then! This low rail adhesion doesn't seem to be an issue, either... The trains I have been on today have managed the Brockley Whins/Fellgate section fine.

What's the problem today then?
Some trains were terminating at South Gosforth/Longbenton on Saturday too for no apparent reason. 

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 05 Nov 2014

(05 Nov 2014, 8:03 pm)Tom What's the problem today then?
Some trains were terminating at South Gosforth/Longbenton on Saturday too for no apparent reason. 

Fireworks on the track...... 

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Bus_User - 05 Nov 2014

(05 Nov 2014, 7:48 pm)Dan The one which is 'due' is in fact currently terminating at Park Lane, according to the other boards at Heworth etc...

Trains to South Hylton were disrupted this afternoon because of  an ambulance attending at Fellgate, I must of got caught in the back log of trains as it was quite a slow progression between Pelaw and East Boldon before things picked up somewhat. 

Was on the system this evening also and there did seem a lack of peak trains, staff shortage or fleet shortage or another reason I am not sure. 

Re: RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 05 Nov 2014

(05 Nov 2014, 11:21 pm)Bus_User Trains to South Hylton were disrupted this afternoon because of  an ambulance attending at Fellgate, I must of got caught in the back log of trains as it was quite a slow progression between Pelaw and East Boldon before things picked up somewhat. 

Was on the system this evening also and there did seem a lack of peak trains, staff shortage or fleet shortage or another reason I am not sure. 
Was plenty of staff on my train which appeared to be delayed by 21 minutes - although they seemed pretty useless! A lot of older people were complaining to these members of staff about missing trains, and the members of staff seemed clueless as to why there were delays. Oh yes, and we had some cleaners on the train too!

Was good to see staff on the Gateshead ticketing gates at about 18:00, though they buggered off by whenever I posted the message earlier.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - citaro5284 - 08 Nov 2014

Problems on Metro this morning in the Heworth area due to a train fire.  GNE are now accepting Metro Tickets on ALL services operating close to ALL Metro Stations throughout the day until further notice.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Tom - 08 Nov 2014

How the hell can one failed train cause that amount of disruption?
Surely it can't have blocked the line all of the way from Jarrow to Monument.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - citaro5284 - 08 Nov 2014

(08 Nov 2014, 9:47 am)citaro5284 Problems on Metro this morning in the Heworth area due to a train fire.  GNE are now accepting Metro Tickets on ALL services operating close to ALL Metro Stations throughout the day until further notice.

Loved this woman's comment on facebook and not a great deal on their Twitter feed either.  GNE telling people they are accepting Metro tickets across the Metro network, and Metro still only saying Metro tickets accepted on GNE 27 only.....

"After being jolted by an emergency stop, choked by smoke, emergency evacuation, walked along the track climbed a slippery hill and climbed over a fence and now having to travel on a bus. We had better get more than a single fare in compensation."

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 08 Nov 2014

Surely not another train up in flames!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 08 Nov 2014

@Tom

Disruption across the entire network is more than possible if a train is on fire.

The trains at points beyond Heworth (Pelaw - Sunderland or Pelaw - Shields), possibly can't get back into Heworth, Gateshead etc).
Electricity may be switched off, depending on the nature of the fire - it could have caused issues with signalling etc.

As well as that, you have trains on the other side of the river heading towards Heworth, need to find somewhere to terminate and get turned around, so they can continue their journeys back to Airport or St James.