North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Bus_User - 07 Dec 2014

(07 Dec 2014, 1:41 pm)Michael and again..........

Tyne and Wear Metro
3 mins ·
There are minor delays to trains running between South Hylton and Pelaw due to a train being withdrawn from service. Please leave extra time for your journey.

More than likely to be the same train that was withdrawn at Gosforth Michael which has resulted in a gap in service(hence the minor delay) towards South Hylton and then from South Hylton to Pelaw so whilst the message may look like 2 trains was withdrawn from service, it was infact just one. 

Edit: Just in responce to Tom's post - I believe Metro are now puttng extra xmas services now which terminates at Sunderland/Pelaw/South Gosforth and Regent Centre so that what you may of saw or it could be one of the extra football special trains.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 07 Dec 2014

(07 Dec 2014, 4:44 pm)Bus_User More than likely to be the same train that was withdrawn at Gosforth Michael which has resulted in a gap in service(hence the minor delay) towards South Hylton and then from South Hylton to Pelaw so whilst the message may look like 2 trains was withdrawn from service, it was infact just one. 

Edit: Just in responce to Tom's post - I believe Metro are now puttng extra xmas services now which terminates at Sunderland/Pelaw/South Gosforth and Regent Centre so that what you may of saw or it could be one of the extra football special trains.

Well they should say if it's same train, means they're just fueling rage on their FB posts about it

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 07 Dec 2014

(07 Dec 2014, 4:44 pm)Bus_User More than likely to be the same train that was withdrawn at Gosforth Michael which has resulted in a gap in service(hence the minor delay) towards South Hylton and then from South Hylton to Pelaw so whilst the message may look like 2 trains was withdrawn from service, it was infact just one. 

I did wonder, as I saw another train terminating at Sunderland this evening coming home too.
Have these services been advertised? If not, it may have been worthwhile for them to make customers aware of the extra trains... May perhaps gain some positive comments instead of the usual flow of negativity on their Social Media pages.

I was disrupted this evening too. After alighting a South Shields bound train at Felling, there was three Sunderland/South Hylton bound trains in a row due after that within minutes of each other.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Bus_User - 07 Dec 2014

(07 Dec 2014, 4:48 pm)Michael Well they should say if it's same train, means they're just fueling rage on their FB posts about it

Of course but sometimes the simple things seems oblivious though. That said, I believe the FB page is automated posts only during weekends and outside office hours so even if they did that then I doubt you would have a slightly more detailed message.

I don't know why people moan about the same old things anyways, especially when they are probably not even on the system anyways. We know the rolling stock is ageing and is now past its original life expiry prediction of 30 years but what can be done about it... You just can't get new stock out of thin air, a lot of planning has to take place and its highly expensive. We can only hope the government can approve funding for new stock and we can finally get new trains on the Metro but even then, you still got to wait a good number of years to find a contractor to build them, test them and of course more than likely to change the current voltage on the Metro so potentially a whole OHL replacement programme may have to occur! Just look at how long it took before Thameslink are FINALLY getting their Class 700s but even then, they got to wait another year and a half for this and that IF it goes to plan. 

Of course I don't understand many people to know and understand this and rightly so but why repeat the same old moans constantly. The Metro is declining(as was predicted to happen  before this large sum was even agreed) but be grateful we do have a system in place that can get you from A to B in quick time when it runs well. 

In responce to Dan, then yeah these services do normally get advertised but I have not seen anything yet on this which is unusual.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 07 Dec 2014

Managed to grab a shot of 4002 this morning terminating at Sunderland:
[Image: 15782308549_5be4b005cc.jpg]Tyne & Wear Metro: 4002 by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Caused chaos when it pulled into the 'wrong' side of Sunderland station - lots of people made an attempt to get on it thinking it was an Airport-bound one. Been a while since I've seen the Sunderland/Park Lane sidings used.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - alibill_36 - 07 Dec 2014

(07 Dec 2014, 5:10 pm)Dan Managed to grab a shot of 4002 this morning terminating at Sunderland:
[Image: 15782308549_5be4b005cc.jpg]Tyne & Wear Metro: 4002 by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Been a while since I've seen the Sunderland/Park Lane sidings used.
Or to call it by it's proper name......Sunderland Burdon Dock Siding. Wink 

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - alibill_36 - 07 Dec 2014

(07 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm)Bus_User I don't know why people moan about the same old things anyways, especially when they are probably not even on the system anyways. 

Plenty people on the system moaning in the local rag in S/Tyneside lately about being late for work day after day.

but be grateful we do have a system in place that can get you from A to B in quick time when it runs well. 

Normally when travelling on the Metro you wouldn't have "A to B in quick time and Metro" in the same sentence because it doesn't happen very often.

Sundays example when I was out on the Sunderland branch two trains in quick succession to South Hylton and a Sunderland Xmas terminator then nothing for 33 mins because of a train taken out of service. Couldn't make it up really. 

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 07 Dec 2014

I rarely have a problem when I use the T&W Metro, but if someone is relying on it to commute 5 days a week, and their perception is that it's unreliable, then they have the right to moan about it. Folk are paying a lot of money to use the system, and a lot of their money went into putting the system there in the first place. Not to mention their annual charge as a matter of course, via their council tax.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 09 Dec 2014

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/metro-bosses-say-getting---8241803

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 14 Dec 2014

Refurbished Metrocar 4036... What a nightmare!

It has more squeaks and rattles than a Dart, is missing a fleet number at the 'A' side (has been written on with a biro instead), and the Next Stop Announcements keep repeating 'This train terminates at the next station: Pelaw' at every single station, with the driver announcing what should be said instead.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 14 Dec 2014

(14 Dec 2014, 10:41 am)Dan Refurbished Metrocar 4036... What a nightmare!

It has more squeaks and rattles than a Dart, is missing a fleet number at the 'A' side (has been written on with a biro instead), and the Next Stop Announcements keep repeating 'This train terminates at the next station: Pelaw' at every single station, with the driver announcing what should be said instead.

Like most of the metrocars then? Haha

Tyne and Wear Metro - R852 PRG - 14 Dec 2014

I rarely if ever use the Metro, Dan.

However, I remember quite a while back I did a very short stint from Gateshead to Monument. Can't even remember the fleet number (which isn't quite right, for me! Tongue), but it had random announcements blaring throughout the whole of the pretty short journey. Most of us were standing, too.

I rarely if ever use the Metro, Dan.

However, I remember quite a while back I did a very short stint from Gateshead to Monument. Can't even remember the fleet number (which isn't quite right, for me! Tongue), but it had random announcements blaring throughout the whole of the pretty short journey. Most of us were standing, too.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Tom - 14 Dec 2014

(14 Dec 2014, 3:06 pm)MarcTheA4 I rarely if ever use the Metro, Dan.

What's with the double post? Tongue

(14 Dec 2014, 3:12 pm)Tom What's with the double post? Tongue

Haha, I actually see that quite a lot with other people. I don't actually know what happened! - I just know I wrote the message the once! Tongue

(14 Dec 2014, 3:13 pm)MarcTheA4 Haha, I actually see that quite a lot with other people. I don't actually know what happened! - I just know I wrote the message the once! Tongue

Aye it usually happens at the same time. 
Not two hours after Tongue - Have you been offline for two hours, and it's for some reason duplicated your post?

(14 Dec 2014, 3:14 pm)Tom Aye it usually happens at the same time. 
Not two hours after Tongue - Have you been offline for two hours, and it's for some reason duplicated your post?

Yeah I've just been out for a meal!

Left at 13:30 got back 15:10!

(14 Dec 2014, 3:15 pm)MarcTheA4 Yeah I've just been out for a meal!

Left at 13:30 got back 15:10!

That will explain it then Smile

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 18 Dec 2014

Currently 2 workmen at St Peters metro station, not sure what for

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Tom - 29 Dec 2014

Never been on a Metrocar as bad as 4089!