North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 01 Jul 2015

Tyne and Wear Metro

Good morning, a software problem means all Metro ticket machines are currently not accepting credit card payments and in many cases rejecting cash payments.
The software supplier is attempting to rectify this problem.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Free metro rides today?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Malarkey - 01 Jul 2015

(01 Jul 2015, 9:19 am)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro

Good morning, a software problem means all Metro ticket machines are currently not accepting credit card payments and in many cases rejecting cash payments.
The software supplier is attempting to rectify this problem.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Free metro rides today?

Oh Dear Oh Dear, Wonder how much they have lost in Cash Fares as a Result of this Problem.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/tyne-wear-metro-ticket-machines-9566558

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - 8222 - 05 Jul 2015

Hi,

Not sure if it has already been reported, but I was on metro car 4035a last night, and noticed that the next stop announcements had changed and were in the voice of a man. It also had some unusual features, such as telling people at East Boldon to: "take extra care of the level crossing." I think it's the same guy that does the Metro safety announcement that did it, but could be wrong. It was nice as he sounds like an actual human being, but it's still no where near as human/professionally done as the TfL tube announcements are on the Metropolitan/Hammersmith and City/Circle line trains.

Anyone else heard these?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 05 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 8:40 am)8222 Hi,

Not sure if it has already been reported, but I was on metro car 4035a last night, and noticed that the next stop announcements had changed and were in the voice of a man. It also had some unusual features, such as telling people at East Boldon to: "take extra care of the level crossing." I think it's the same guy that does the Metro safety announcement that did it, but could be wrong. It was nice as he sounds like an actual human being, but it's still no where near as human/professionally done as the TfL tube announcements are on the Metropolitan/Hammersmith and City/Circle line trains.

Anyone else heard these?

They've been in the process of being rolled out since the start of this year (or thereabouts), but they've really got their skates on since the completion of the refurbishment programme. I think this is the reason why so many Metrocars are having problems with their Next Stop Announcements in general recently (I've noted a few of them) - either no voice at all, a load of stations being announced one after the other, or the screens playing funny buggers.

Much prefer the new voice to the old.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - 8222 - 05 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 8:49 am)Dan They've been in the process of being rolled out since the start of this year (or thereabouts), but they've really got their skates on since the completion of the refurbishment programme. I think this is the reason why so many Metrocars are having problems with their Next Stop Announcements in general recently (I've noted a few of them) - either no voice at all, a load of stations being announced one after the other, or the screens playing funny buggers.

Much prefer the new voice to the old.

I wonder how different the system is to that which is used on LUL. 

I think I've only ever been on one service (baring in mind I use the system very frequently when down London with work) where it has been wrong - quite amusing when the district line suggests you're in Earl's Court then South Kensington when actually you are at Mile End then off to Bow Road! 

I have to say, going to Newcastle from Sunderland, I'd always rather wait for Northern Rail than take the Metro.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - buss14 - 05 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 9:13 am)8222 I wonder how different the system is to that which is used on LUL. 

I think I've only ever been on one service (baring in mind I use the system very frequently when down London with work) where it has been wrong - quite amusing when the district line suggests you're in Earl's Court then South Kensington when actually you are at Mile End then off to Bow Road! 

I have to say, going to Newcastle from Sunderland, I'd always rather wait for Northern Rail than take the Metro.

hi i just want to ask
how different liveries do the metro,s have because i have seen numerous liveries

i dont mean brands just liveries

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 05 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 11:35 am)buss14 hi i just want to ask
how different liveries do the metro,s have because i have seen numerous liveries

i dont mean brands just liveries
Strictly speaking, they'll all be in the grey/black/yellow livery, apart from 4001, which is in Tyne and Wear PTE livery.

(05 Jul 2015, 11:37 am)aureolin Strictly speaking, they'll all be in the grey/black/yellow livery, apart from 4001, which is in Tyne and Wear PTE livery.

thank you so i gather 4001 is kind of a celebration livery for the amount of years the metros have been running

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - S813 FVK - 05 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 12:30 pm)buss14 thank you so i gather 4001 is kind of a celebration livery for the amount of years the metros have been running

More heritage than anything else. It has worn the original Tyne and Wear PTE livery for its whole service life i believe.

(05 Jul 2015, 12:36 pm)S813 FVK More heritage than anything else. It has worn the original Tyne and Wear PTE livery for its whole service life i believe.

lovely at least it gets looked after

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 05 Jul 2015

Tyne and Wear Metro

There are no trains running between Benton and Tynemouth in both directions, this is due to vandalism. We will update you once we have more information.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 05 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 3:11 pm)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro

There are no trains running between Benton and Tynemouth in both directions, this is due to vandalism. We will update you once we have more information.

Hope Bazza manages to get home on his direct train all the way back to Hebburn alright!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - LeeCalder - 06 Jul 2015

(05 Jul 2015, 3:20 pm)Dan Hope Bazza manages to get home on his direct train all the way back to Hebburn alright!

#Sarcasm
#WittyBanter
#MadeMeChuckle
#HashtagsOnNEB

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 10 Jul 2015

Tyne and Wear Metro 'not good enough' and is fined £271,000 for delays
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/tyne-wear-metro-not-good-9633835

Ouch....

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 10 Jul 2015

(10 Jul 2015, 7:02 pm)aureolin Tyne and Wear Metro 'not good enough' and is fined £271,000 for delays
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/tyne-wear-metro-not-good-9633835

Ouch....

Ouch indeed!

I've noticed recently that Metro Control no longer merely announce over the tanoy that there are delays, but also when they're running "a good service" too.

Few other things:

4034(?) had some problems with its doors this afternoon. The "out of order" signs were placed on the doors but these were useless at peak times to those already on the train, as passengers still tried to press the buttons time and time again before running to the next set of doors at last minute!

The Metro I was on this morning had the old female voice announcements from Stadium of Light for a few stations, but then stopped working completely. The Metro I was on this evening had the new voice (which worked fine), but the screens were completely out of sync showing stations we'd already passed or weren't working at all.

(10 Jul 2015, 7:13 pm)Dan Ouch indeed!

I've noticed recently that Metro Control no longer merely announce over the tanoy that there are delays, but also when they're running "a good service" too.

I'm going to write something to Nexus about it. I'm concerned how they've managed to hold enough performance data to fine them that sum of money, yet when I asked for a copy of it under FOI, they apparently didn't hold any more information than published on the posters!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 10 Jul 2015

(10 Jul 2015, 7:29 pm)aureolin I'm going to write something to Nexus about it. I'm concerned how they've managed to hold enough performance data to fine them that sum of money, yet when I asked for a copy of it under FOI, they apparently didn't hold any more information than published on the posters!

Are those posters even published any more? Haven't seen them in ages!

Worth mentioning that the Gateshead - Brockley Whins/Jarrow Metro suspension this Sunday has been cancelled.

(10 Jul 2015, 7:33 pm)Dan Are those posters even published any more? Haven't seen them in ages!

I don't use the system much these days, but there was certainly one at Heworth or Haymarket when I used it for the Whitley Bay rally.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - idiot - 11 Jul 2015

It's it fair fining DB as it's Nexus who owns the trains which are failing constantly. I know a bad workmen blames his tools but it really is the cause of the majority of the delays.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 12 Jul 2015

Service suspended between Heworth-Jarrow Heworth Brockely Whins Noda taxi are running a shuttle service in the area