North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 12 Jul 2015

(12 Jul 2015, 7:30 am)danpick Service suspended between Heworth-Jarrow Heworth Brockely Whins Noda taxi are running a shuttle service in the area

Perhaps they shouldn't have cancelled the bus replacement service between Gateshead and those two locations, eh?!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 12 Jul 2015

There are no trains running between Heworth and Jarrow in both directions until further notice. This is due to a technical fault.
We are currently operating a bus replacement service, the number 900, calling at or near to all stations between Heworth and Jarrow.
We will update you once we have more information.
Updated at 08:40, Sunday, 12 July 2015

There are no trains running between Heworth and Brockley Whins in both directions until further notice. This is due to a technical fault.
We are currently operating a bus replacement service, the number 900, calling at or near to all stations between Heworth and Brockley Whins.
We will update you once we have more information.
Updated at 08:40, Sunday, 12 July 2015

Shouldn't the one to Brockley Whins be the 901?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 12 Jul 2015

(12 Jul 2015, 8:20 am)Dan Shouldn't the one to Brockley Whins be the 901?

It should but it is Nexus we're on about, any idea who's operating it - assuming it's GNE.

(12 Jul 2015, 8:24 am)danpick It should but it is Nexus we're on about, any idea who's operating it - assuming it's GNE.

Yes, it was Go North East. Four buses in total - two from Deptford, and two from Chester-le-Street.

A very well-known driver from the latter depot, too...

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - citaro5284 - 12 Jul 2015

(12 Jul 2015, 8:57 pm)Dan Yes, it was Go North East. Four buses in total - two from Deptford, and two from Chester-le-Street.

A very well-known driver from the latter depot, too...

Not Auntie Pat  Tongue

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - alibill_36 - 13 Jul 2015

(12 Jul 2015, 8:57 pm)Dan  and two from Chester-le-Street.

6018 was one of them viewed at Brockley Whins Metro.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 13 Jul 2015

(13 Jul 2015, 12:56 am)alibill_36 6018 was one of them viewed at Brockley Whins Metro.

Yep - 6018/36 from Chester-le-Street and 6099/100 from Deptford.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 14 Jul 2015

4039 Next Stop Announcements not working at all (just what I needed this morning - head is battered!)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 14 Jul 2015

(14 Jul 2015, 6:11 am)Dan 4039 Next Stop Announcements not working at all (just what I needed this morning - head is battered!)

When is out working on the metro! haha

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 15 Jul 2015

(14 Jul 2015, 6:12 am)Michael When is out working on the metro! haha

Certainly isn't working today (although no word on Twitter yet!)

Power outage in East Boldon area apparently resulted in all signals going on red to show danger. Our driver went straight through the signal and the Metro came to an immediate halt after one full carriage and part of the back carriage went past the signal. Whiplash claim?

Been stuck just before East Boldon for 20 minutes. Not what you need when you don't feel too well to begin with!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 7:48 am)Dan Certainly isn't working today (although no word on Twitter yet!)

Power outage in East Boldon area apparently resulted in all signals going on red to show danger. Our driver went straight through the signal and the Metro came to an immediate halt after one full carriage and part of the back carriage went past the signal. Whiplash claim?

Been stuck just before East Boldon for 20 minutes. Not what you need when you don't feel too well to begin with!

My parents were stuck at East Boldon for 45 mins.

(15 Jul 2015, 7:06 pm)danpick My parents were stuck at East Boldon for 45 mins.

I was stuck between Seaburn and East Boldon for 30 minutes, although the driver went slow all the way to Pelaw, meaning that I was on the Metro for an hour opposed to 20-odd minutes.

You understand I was not best pleased...

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - citaro5284 - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 7:08 pm)Dan I was stuck between Seaburn and East Boldon for 30 minutes, although the driver went slow all the way to Pelaw, meaning that I was on the Metro for an hour opposed to 20-odd minutes.

You understand I was not best pleased...

Should have came in on time then you would not have been stuck for an hour  Rolleyes

(15 Jul 2015, 7:14 pm)citaro5284 Should have came in on time then you would not have been stuck for an hour  Rolleyes

There's no "on-time" - just a "normal time"...

I will be spitting in your cup of tea if you're not careful! I get ratty when I don't feel well, Mr. 5284... You know that better than most on this forum! Wink

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - citaro5284 - 18 Jul 2015

Due to a Police incident, no trains between Monkseaton and Tynemouth....GNE accepting tickets on services between North Shields and Whitley Bay

EDIT: DB Regio now requesting Metro Replacement buses as well.

EDIT2: A person was killed after been hit by a Metro around Cullercoats.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 18 Jul 2015

(18 Jul 2015, 7:13 pm)citaro5284 Due to a Police incident, no trains between Monkseaton and Tynemouth....GNE accepting tickets on services between North Shields and Whitley Bay

EDIT: DB Regio now requesting Metro Replacement buses as well.
I would like to add that the incident is thought to be a dead body so expect the line to be closed tomorrow also. R.I.P

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 21 Jul 2015

No trains between South Gosforth and Airport due to a technical fault. There is a replacement bus and Taxi. The 901 is being operated by A-Line.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 22 Jul 2015

The new Next Stop Announcements work really well on the unrefurbished Metrocars.

I'm presently sat on the Emirates liveried one (which is paired to 4002) and the buzzer sound of the doors closing works really well with the voice.

The old buzzer at this time of morning is a breath of fresh air, too. Much easier on the ears.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 22 Jul 2015

(22 Jul 2015, 5:56 am)Dan The new Next Stop Announcements work really well on the unrefurbished Metrocars.

I'm presently sat on the Emirates liveried one (which is paired to 4002) and the buzzer sound of the doors closing works really well with the voice.

The old buzzer at this time of morning is a breath of fresh air, too. Much easier on the ears.
What was its headcode?