North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Jimmi - 13 Sep 2015

(13 Sep 2015, 11:14 am)S813 FVK The superheros have just mentioned how they got stuck on the Metro haha!
Can't be very good superheroes if they have to use the Metro.

"Everyone is dead, where were you when we need you?"

"I was stuck on a rammed Tyne and Wear Metro, for I am Metro Man!"

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 13 Sep 2015

Beats me why they didn't operate as 3 car sets, given that most if not all platforms were designed for such use.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 13 Sep 2015

If you're planning to get a Metro don't... the system has gone tits up people and now being told to leave trains as they aren't moving due to heat. If you're on Facebook join 'Sort Out The Metro' it provides updates from passengers and they meet regularly with DB Regio and Nexus.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 13 Sep 2015

(13 Sep 2015, 1:16 pm)DanPicken If you're planning to get a Metro don't... the system has gone tits up people and now being told to leave trains as they aren't moving due to heat. If you're on Facebook join 'Sort Out The Metro' it provides updates from passengers and they meet regularly with DB Regio and Nexus.

Apparently there have been issues for hours. Great news for Go North East - get yourselves on that X27! Wink

(13 Sep 2015, 1:19 pm)Dan Apparently there have been issues for hours. Great news for Go North East - get yourselves on that X27! Wink

People won't do that though as GNE won't accept tickets so people won't pay extra and people are now walking down tracks from Chi to South Shields due to an Ambo attending.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - citaro5284 - 13 Sep 2015

Aye, one or two (well slightly more) tweets, people going off it about the Metro system today - lets hope that there is a post mortem as from early morning to now it seems to have been a disaster.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - tyresmoke - 13 Sep 2015

(13 Sep 2015, 1:19 pm)Dan Apparently there have been issues for hours. Great news for Go North East - get yourselves on that X27! Wink

Bus operators in general should be doing very well today! Shame the R1 apparently finished early running from City to Shields this morning? Saw people moaning on twitter - of course if all buses have been filled and gone then the moral of the story is don't get there very last minute!

Metro have made a complete balls up today by the sounds of it - the whole system appears to have fallen over now  Rolleyes People trespassing on the lines don't help obviously.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 13 Sep 2015

(13 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm)tyresmoke Bus operators in general should be doing very well today! Shame the R1 apparently finished early running from City to Shields this morning? Saw people moaning on twitter - of course if all buses have been filled and gone then the moral of the story is don't get there very last minute!

Metro have made a complete balls up today by the sounds of it - the whole system appears to have fallen over now  Rolleyes People trespassing on the lines don't help obviously.

Didn't finish early - the buses got stuck at South Shields. Additional vehicles were sourced and supervisory staff helped drive additional R1s.

Stagecoach haven't helped matters today either apparently... Lots of drivers seemed to be complaining!

[Image: 12002944_10205827162371523_8658184495727...e=56642CFE]

This is Ocean Road now...

(13 Sep 2015, 1:36 pm)Dan Didn't finish early - the buses got stuck at South Shields. Additional vehicles were sourced and supervisory staff helped drive additional R1s.

Stagecoach haven't helped matters today either apparently... Lots of drivers seemed to be complaining!

It's a shame that we're unlikely to ever get the real reasons for the balls up, given that FOI doesn't apply to a private company. The whole system has been a mess since day one of privatisation.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - MurdnunoC - 13 Sep 2015

(13 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm)aureolin It's a shame that we're unlikely to ever get the real reasons for the balls up, given that FOI doesn't apply to a private company. The whole system has been a mess since day one of privatisation.

I agree, it has.

Also sick of seeing the constant calls for bus operators to accept Metro tickets. Why should they? Why should they keep bailing out a private company, that is being paid millions to run a light rail service? I know it may get a bit political with Arriva's structure, but there's no reason why Stagecoach and Go North East should keep doing it.

To make matters worse a full length Metro has been withdrawn at Pelaw

(13 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm)aureolin Also sick of seeing the constant calls for bus operators to accept Metro tickets. Why should they? Why should they keep bailing out a private company, that is being paid millions to run a light rail service? I know it may get a bit political with Arriva's structure, but there's no reason why Stagecoach and Go North East should keep doing it.

It's just not logistically possible for bus companies to accept Metro tickets on days like this. The amount of people travelling means it could never happen. Unfortunately the lack of infrastructure in the North East to host events like this gets found out when one little problem (in the grand scheme of things) affects things.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - omnicity4659 - 13 Sep 2015

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/great-north-run-2015-passengers-10045257#ICID=FB-Chron-main

(13 Sep 2015, 1:48 pm)tyresmoke It's just not logistically possible for bus companies to accept Metro tickets on days like this. The amount of people travelling means it could never happen. Unfortunately the lack of infrastructure in the North East to host events like this gets found out when one little problem (in the grand scheme of things) affects things.

See, I'd argue that it shouldn't be on a normal day. One of my best friends lives on the 27 route, and chooses to commute to Newcastle by bus every day, rather than rely on the Metro. As a Buzzfare customer, she's often late for work when there's an outage affecting that stretch of line, after GNE have agreed to accept Metro tickets. 

Companies might say it's first come first served, but it should be about looking after their customers first and foremost - not somebody else's.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - MurdnunoC - 13 Sep 2015

(13 Sep 2015, 1:49 pm)GX03 SVC http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/great-north-run-2015-passengers-10045257#ICID=FB-Chron-main

I see someone from the forum gets a mention in that article Wink

(13 Sep 2015, 1:52 pm)MurdnunoC I see someone from the forum gets a mention in that article Wink

Who?

(13 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm)aureolin See, I'd argue that it shouldn't be on a normal day. One of my best friends lives on the 27 route, and chooses to commute to Newcastle by bus every day, rather than rely on the Metro. As a Buzzfare customer, she's often late for work when there's an outage affecting that stretch of line, after GNE have agreed to accept Metro tickets. 

Companies might say it's first come first served, but it should be about looking after their customers first and foremost - not somebody else's.

I'm inclined to agree but no doubt Nexus dangle a carrot (£££) in front of the operators' eyes that is hard to turn down each time... If anything the operators should be trying to capitalise on the poor reliability and gaining new long term customers (as your friend has!)