North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 19 Sep 2015

(19 Sep 2015, 10:37 am)S813 FVK Bet you look forward to passing your test? Mind, why drive all the way from Sunderland when you can rely on public transport.

That's an understatement.

As I've said before; even though I can use public transport for free, I won't look back when I can drive to work instead.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - NK53 TKT - 19 Sep 2015

(19 Sep 2015, 10:36 am)Dan Ten times a week here - morning and afternoon on weekdays, with a bus connection. :p

Plus using it to get home on Mondays and Tuesdays
Mind the 52 to Killingworth on a Wednesday is just as bad

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BusLoverMum - 21 Sep 2015

Tyne and Wear Metro@My_Metro 20m20 minutes ago

Central Station closed 8pm tonight until tomorrow morning, to allow for refurbishment work. Trains won't stop at Central please use Monument

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - LeeCalder - 21 Sep 2015

(21 Sep 2015, 6:52 pm)BusLoverMum Tyne and Wear Metro@My_Metro 20m20 minutes ago

Central Station closed 8pm tonight until tomorrow morning, to allow for refurbishment work. Trains won't stop at Central please use Monument

Central Station 8pm station closures Sunday - Thursday
Central Station will be closed each evening Sunday to Thursday at 8pm (reopening the following morning as normal),  from 14 September until 30 June 2016. This is to allow for station refurbishment work. During the closure trains will not stop at Central Station.  Customers who would normally travel from or to Central Station after 8pm Sunday to Thursday are advised to use Monument station.  If you're unable to get to or from Monument station please speak to a member of staff.  We're sorry for any inconvenience.  The station will not close early on 4-11 October, 1 December-2 January 2016, Easter Monday 28 March 2016 or on the May Bank Holidays 2 and 30 May 2016.

Central Station Metro Information

(21 Sep 2015, 7:29 pm)LeeCalder Central Station 8pm station closures Sunday - Thursday
Central Station will be closed each evening Sunday to Thursday at 8pm (reopening the following morning as normal),  from 14 September until 30 June 2016. This is to allow for station refurbishment work. During the closure trains will not stop at Central Station.  Customers who would normally travel from or to Central Station after 8pm Sunday to Thursday are advised to use Monument station.  If you're unable to get to or from Monument station please speak to a member of staff.  We're sorry for any inconvenience.  The station will not close early on 4-11 October, 1 December-2 January 2016, Easter Monday 28 March 2016 or on the May Bank Holidays 2 and 30 May 2016.

Central Station Metro Information
I bet people arriving off long distance trains with heavy suitcases will love the suggestion to use Monument!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Diamond One - 21 Sep 2015

(21 Sep 2015, 8:42 pm)BusLoverMum I bet people arriving off long distance trains with heavy suitcases will love the suggestion to use Monument!

Your forgetting the expensive alternitave transport aka a taxi anyhow inbox me asap

(21 Sep 2015, 10:16 pm)Diamond One Your forgetting the expensive alternitave transport aka a taxi anyhow inbox me asap

Very expensive in comparison!

I don't have PMs activated, btw.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Diamond One - 21 Sep 2015

(21 Sep 2015, 10:33 pm)BusLoverMum Very expensive in comparison!

I don't have PMs activated, btw.

That's true 

Shame about the PMs activated I would love to get to know you a little bit more

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 22 Sep 2015

(21 Sep 2015, 11:24 pm)Diamond One That's true 

Shame about the PMs activated I would love to get to know you a little bit more

Someone's pulled... Will it be like the woman on the X9?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 22 Sep 2015

4001 on train 111

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 24 Sep 2015

4019 has a fault with its doors. The rearmost door on the 'A' side opens every time it's closed for the first time.

Guess that's what happens when people hold the doors open too many times..?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - NK53 TKT - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 4:06 pm)Dan 4019 has a fault with its doors. The rearmost door on the 'A' side opens every time it's closed for the first time.

Citaros chart comes in handy again Angel
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=7143

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 4:06 pm)Dan 4019 has a fault with its doors. The rearmost door on the 'A' side opens every time it's closed for the first time.

Probably cause the refurbishment is shit.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 30 Sep 2015

Metro modernisation in numbers – but do you think it’s better?

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/metro-modernisation-in-numbers-but-do-you-think-it-s-better-1-7488425

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - NK53 TKT - 30 Sep 2015

Today I was at Regent Centre and the screen on platform 1 said
GOOD SERVICE IN OPERATION
Maybe this means on every other day there is bad service

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - BusLoverMum - 30 Sep 2015

(30 Sep 2015, 6:14 pm)NK53 TKT Today I was at Regent Centre and the screen on platform 1 said
GOOD SERVICE IN OPERATION
Maybe this means on every other day there is bad service

Maybe each day is like an OFSTED rating.

Outstanding
Good
Unsatisfactory
Inadequate.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 02 Oct 2015

Tyne and Wear Metro
6 mins ·
There are minor delays to trains running between Chillingham Road and South Gosforth due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - NK53 TKT - 02 Oct 2015

(02 Oct 2015, 12:59 pm)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
6 mins ·
There are minor delays to trains running between Chillingham Road and South Gosforth due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Once again Citaro saves the day Tongue

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 04 Oct 2015

Tyne and Wear Metro
1 hr ·
There are delays systemwide due to a failed train. Delays of up to 30 mins between Airport and South Hylton Delays of up to 30 mins between St James and South Shields Delays of up to 15 mins between South Gosforth and Pelaw

Tyne and Wear Metro - cbma06 - 05 Oct 2015

Price enquiry: How much is a single on the metro from Newcastle airport to Sunderland central?.