North East Buses
Compass Community Transport - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Compass Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=81)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Compass Community Transport - Dan - 16 Jun 2014

(16 Jun 2014, 7:51 pm)BJ10VUS Maybe a nice Renault taxi? Tongue

Why not? Happens on the 939!

[Image: 11797500315_1597e5ec61.jpg]Exterior shot of Gateshead Central Taxis' L30OJB, Renault by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

I'm sure the 16-seaters have deputised for the Bluebirds on more than one occasion too...

[Image: 8501480674_1423460992.jpg]Exterior shot of Gateshead Central Taxis' NA59 MPX, Renault Master by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

RE: Compass Community Transport - Adrian - 16 Jun 2014

I'd love to be proven wrong here, but I really think that GCT have taken on more than they can chew. Worryingly, if they can't and a bailout is required, I can't see the operators that have missed out, and are capable of delivery, wanting to do it for as low as the original bid...

Is capacity classed as seated or as seat+stand? Can't see the pensioners who use these services be willing to stand.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Kuyoyo - 16 Jun 2014

(16 Jun 2014, 9:08 pm)AIG20 I remember when Stagecoach used van-sized "Mercedes-Benz 709D's" on many services, like the 10/11 in South Shields.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/11919979826/in/set-72157627873647330
Image owned by Gary James Mitchelhill.

Unfortunately, it will be something that the 515/558 passengers will have to get used to.

And this one of Gary's shows you exactly where Stockton's examples used to pop up after the withdrawn of daytime service 56 - at that time there was only need for one 709D for the 630 and the 556 (not entirely sure if the bus that did 630s then did 556s) so the spare used to appear regularly on the 52s or 58s.

RE: Compass Community Transport - BJ10VUS - 16 Jun 2014

(16 Jun 2014, 9:13 pm)aureolin I'd love to be proven wrong here, but I really think that GCT have taken on more than they can chew. Worryingly, if they can't and a bailout is required, I can't see the operators that have missed out, and are capable of delivery, wanting to do it for as low as the original bid...

Is capacity classed as seated or as seat+stand? Can't see the pensioners who use these services be willing to stand.

I can see what you mean, but honestly, the 515 definitely doesn't get more than about five on a good day. Other services, I can't speak for, however.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Michael - 17 Jun 2014

PB1074031/4 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Riverside park, South Hylton and Pennywell Road, Pennywell given service number 8X effective from 04-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Andreos1 - 17 Jun 2014

Bluebird was on the 79 this morning.

Re: RE: Compass Community Transport - Dan - 18 Jun 2014

(17 Jun 2014, 10:01 am)Andreos Constantopolous Bluebird was on the 79 this morning.
I suspect this regular allocation has led to 38C no longer being allocated a Cadet, as the Solo previously found on service 79 is on service 38C tonight.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Andreos1 - 19 Jun 2014

(18 Jun 2014, 9:24 pm)Dan I suspect this regular allocation has led to 38C no longer being allocated a Cadet, as the Solo previously found on service 79 is on service 38C tonight.

The 73 is a Cadet working with the Iveco on the 37.
Presumably the Bluebird is on the 79 again.

RE: Compass Community Transport - BJ10VUS - 19 Jun 2014

(19 Jun 2014, 3:59 pm)Andreos Constantopolous The 73 is a Cadet working with the Iveco on the 37.
Presumably the Bluebird is on the 79 again.

Compass had an 08-plate Solo on the 515 this morning, but a Bluebird minibus on this afternoon's working via Monkton Business Park.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Michael - 20 Jun 2014

PB1074031/11 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between PARK LANE INTERCHANGE and TUNSTALL BANK ESTATE, RYEHOPE SUNDERLAND given service number 38C effective from 26-Jul-2014.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Andreos1 - 22 Jun 2014

Haven't noticed it before, but when driving through Shiney Row yesterday - I followed the Bluebird for a short while.

It looks like it has some accident damage to the rear.

Some operators would buy a replacement panel, some may bodge it with filler - the bluebird was 'repaired' with what look like half a roll of gaffer tape.

It was spouting out some horrible fumes/smells too.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Malarkey - 26 Jun 2014

(22 Jun 2014, 9:27 am)Andreos Constantopolous Haven't noticed it before, but when driving through Shiney Row yesterday - I followed the Bluebird for a short while.

It looks like it has some accident damage to the rear.

Some operators would buy a replacement panel, some may bodge it with filler - the bluebird was 'repaired' with what look like half a roll of gaffer tape.

It was spouting out some horrible fumes/smells too.

Just been on one of them on 37 back from Doxford International to The Galleries, Ribs/Stomach and Lower Back are Bloody Killing after the amount of Pot Holes that thing went over at Speed, Worst Bus if you can even call it a Bus, that I have ever been on in my Life.

It goes a bit like this, Brummmmmm Brummmmmm - Crunch into a Pot Hole - Brummmmmm Brummmmmm - Crunch into a Pot Hole - Brummmmmm Brummmmmm approximately every 10 to 15 Seconds.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Dan - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 4:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Just been on one of them on 37 back from Doxford International to The Galleries, Ribs/Stomach and Lower Back are Bloody Killing after the amount of Pot Holes that thing went over at Speed, Worst Bus if you can even call it a Bus, that I have ever been on in my Life.

It goes a bit like this, Brummmmmm Brummmmmm - Crunch into a Pot Hole - Brummmmmm Brummmmmm - Crunch into a Pot Hole - Brummmmmm Brummmmmm approximately every 10 to 15 Seconds.

#BusNoisesOnNEB
#hashtagsonNEB

Regarding the damaged rear, that's YX09EUD rather than the new one they gained earlier this year.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Malarkey - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 5:08 pm)Dan #BusNoisesOnNEB
#hashtagsonNEB

Regarding the damaged rear, that's YX09EUD rather than the new one they gained earlier this year.

Hahaha Dan you of all people should know what I am on about in regards to the Noises on those things make, when you have been on the 8X.

#BusNoisesOnNEB
#hashtagsonNEB

RE: Compass Community Transport - Dan - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 5:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Hahaha Dan you of all people should know what I am on about in regards to the Noises on those things make, when you have been on the 8X.

#BusNoisesOnNEB
#hashtagsonNEB

I've only been on the 8X the once, when it was an Iveco van! After that experience, I decided I didn't want to go on another one of their minibus fleet again.

I also realised it was about 5 minutes quicker to actually walk back up from the Golden Lion pub to the Metro station, as the 8X goes in and out every little street in South Hylton.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Dan - 01 Jul 2014

Mercedes Sprinter WJ02KNN is currently near Blaydon. Not sure if I've mentioned this one as being a part of the fleet before or not!

EDIT: I think I did, but didn't bother researching anything about the vehicle. Looks like it used to be owned/leased by Torbay Council.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Adrian - 01 Jul 2014

Compass had a van out on the 73 again today. Didn't catch the reg.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Adrian - 03 Jul 2014

YX08KXO out on the 73 again today. Standing room only if they need more than 8 on it.

RE: Compass Community Transport - jaimz13 - 13 Jul 2014

have they still got plaxton primo

Re: RE: Compass Community Transport - Dan - 13 Jul 2014

(13 Jul 2014, 1:26 pm)jaimz13 have they still got plaxton primo
I don't think so.

It used to be the regular on services 79 and 38C, but that stopped when the Cadets came along.