North East Buses
Tender Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tender Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=848)

Tender Discussion Thread - tyresmoke - 30 Dec 2013

Hi all

Thought I would add some details of the tenders that have gone out recently, see the attached PDF file for the latest situation that I'm aware of. I will add more and more detail in here as best as I can.

I'll keep this updated and put the latest info in this top post but feel free to discuss below!

Scott

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - Tom - 30 Dec 2013

(30 Dec 2013, 4:37 pm)tyresmoke Hi all

Thought I would add some details of the tenders that have gone out recently, see the attached PDF file for the latest situation that I'm aware of. I will add more and more detail in here as best as I can.

I'll keep this updated and put the latest info in this top post but feel free to discuss below!

Scott

So those services are up for contract, or have already been taken if you know what I mean...

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - Tom - 30 Dec 2013

(30 Dec 2013, 5:15 pm)Tom So those services are up for contract, or have already been taken if you know what I mean...

Doesn't matter, I know now! - So some of the ''East Durham'' services are up for contract. Hmmmm.

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - Andreos1 - 30 Dec 2013

NEPO have a number of tenders available from council, local authorities etc.
You may need to be registered to view them though.

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - tyresmoke - 30 Dec 2013

(30 Dec 2013, 5:17 pm)Tom Doesn't matter, I know now! - So some of the ''East Durham'' services are up for contract. Hmmmm.

The East Durham ones shown as "Not Awarded" I believe were taken on commercially by Go North East. The reasoning behind that I'm not sure of but maybe our GNE insiders can shed some light?
You'll notice some registrations by Classic for the Durham evening work (48A/49/50) and then cancelled at short notice... I believe these were taken on commercially by Arriva again.... All would have been academic come next month anyway I suppose!

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - tango - 30 Dec 2013

Is there any document available anywhere like this for the Teesside area ie, Stockton, Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland showing all tenders

(30 Dec 2013, 5:26 pm)tango Is there any document available anywhere like this for the Teesside area ie, Stockton, Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland showing all tenders

There's very little left and what little is left (505/506, 507, 577, 537, 555/556, 588/589, 87A/87B) will be getting binned in April by Stockton council anyway.
Middlesbrough based 610/611 are funded for 3 years from April 2013 (after they were cut by the council) from a housing development in Stainton. Similar funding has kept the early morning Leven Valley services 603/4/5/6 and the funded parts of 18/19 running. Once this money runs out they will likely face the chop unless they are commercially viable.

Let's not forget the Durham Park & Ride is a prestigious contract that is up for renewal in October 2014! Could be an interesting one to watch with so many companies competing for it....

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - Michael - 30 Dec 2013

(30 Dec 2013, 5:24 pm)tyresmoke The East Durham ones shown as "Not Awarded" I believe were taken on commercially by Go North East. The reasoning behind that I'm not sure of but maybe our GNE insiders can shed some light?
You'll notice some registrations by Classic for the Durham evening work (48A/49/50) and then cancelled at short notice... I believe these were taken on commercially by Arriva again.... All would have been academic come next month anyway I suppose!

I think the only East Durham buses GNE run on contract are the 59 and 239, not sure though

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - peter - 30 Dec 2013

Any idea of who will most likely be bidding for the Durham P&R when it comes up for tender?

(30 Dec 2013, 8:45 pm)peter Any idea of who will most likely be bidding for the Durham P&R when it comes up for tender?

Take your pick from Arriva, Go North East, Scarlet Band, Weardale and no doubt there'll be a few more in for it too!

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - CatsFast101 - 30 Dec 2013

807/877 Peterlee/Seaham Scholar services says 40 seat capacity but I believe both services are regularly worked by a MPD.
I know the evening runs certainly are, the evening 807 works off the 206 and I think 877 may work off the 99 if I recall correctly. I mean the morning 877 used to be by Chester working onto 65's afterwards.

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - Adrian - 06 Feb 2014

Nexus contracts list for FY 2013-14. The Excel document attached not only lists the route numbers, but the actual resource boards.

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - Andreos1 - 06 Feb 2014

(06 Feb 2014, 5:54 pm)aureolin Nexus contracts list for FY 2013-14. The Excel document attached not only lists the route numbers, but the actual resource boards.

Wasn't aware of the 994 being funded by a 3rd party!

Interesting document nonetheless

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - Michael - 06 Feb 2014

By that the contract for the Sunderland Connect is due to run out on 30.8.14

Wonder which company will gain it, i hope GNE keeps it tbh.

(06 Feb 2014, 6:24 pm)andreos1 Wasn't aware of the 994 being funded by a 3rd party!

Interesting document nonetheless

I had thought it would have been something along those lines. They're very 'relaxed' on the fares. Generally if you hop off the 4 at Follingsby roundabout and wait for the 994, they'll just let you on for nowt!

(06 Feb 2014, 6:35 pm)Michael By that the contract for the Sunderland Connect is due to run out on 30.8.14

You never know. It's good to have a list of the end dates. Opens the opportunity for endless speculation. :p

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - Tom - 06 Feb 2014

(06 Feb 2014, 6:35 pm)Michael By that the contract for the Sunderland Connect is due to run out on 30.8.14

The 73 is due to run out on 01/06/2014, so might be fully operated by GNE?

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - idiot - 07 Feb 2014

I've said it before but Nexus should indicate which journeys they are paying for on timetables.... Even if it means changing the layout to what Durham Council use!

RE: Tender Discussion Thread - tyresmoke - 13 Feb 2014

So we now have a few results

K1/K2 Killingworth locals - Phoenix Coaches
33 Newcastle - Hollywood Ave - Kingsleys