North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 29 Apr 2015

(29 Apr 2015, 6:01 pm)MrFozz Chances are you may end up at The Stadium of Light and St James' Park on there matchdays and maybes there concerts too

Told them I will only work at St J for the Rugby World Cup due to being a Sunderland Fan, wouldnt dare work for the Opposition, staying loyal to my Team.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 29 Apr 2015

I was passing through Waverley this morning on my way to Glasgow, and I happened to notice 87002 standing there! Was well pleased, as it's my first photo of a class 87 loco.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - northern156 - 29 Apr 2015

(29 Apr 2015, 6:26 pm)aureolin I was passing through Waverley this morning on my way to Glasgow, and I happened to notice 87002 standing there! Was well pleased, as it's my first photo of a class 87 loco.

Been running up and down the WCML, like in the good old days, on Sleepers for the past couple of weeks due to some/most Class 92s failing. The 87 is normally used as a shunt loco from Wembley to/from London Euston but it's better that it's back proper mainline running I feel!

The other day, 92018 sat down near Warrington (I think) and got into London several hours later, a spare Cally Sleeper set had to run light from Crewe to Glasgow for that evening's service!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 01 May 2015

The Metro being unusually quiet for this time of day...

Bring back winter, I say, as I haven't been on a single one with the heating blaring recently. Still needed on mornings - even if the skies are blue!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 6:22 am)Dan The Metro being unusually quiet for this time of day...

Bring back winter, I say, as I haven't been on a single one with the heating blaring recently. Still needed on mornings - even if the skies are blue!

BUT will you make it to your destination on time Tongue 

Glad i'm just using the 18 this morning Tongue 

(01 May 2015, 6:26 am)Michael BUT will you make it to your destination on time  

Glad i'm just using the 18 this morning  

Not sure what the crack is, but I've had no notable issues on my weekday commute for the past week or two! Perhaps I should be thankful of that instead of moaning about lack of heating.

Had some issues with late running early on Sunday morning, but it was nothing major and thankfully didn't cause any issues.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 01 May 2015

(29 Apr 2015, 6:17 pm)Malarkey Told them I will only work at St J for the Rugby World Cup due to being a Sunderland Fan, wouldnt dare work for the Opposition, staying loyal to my Team.

Lol...I see where ya coming from mate, but that's a mad excuse for not wanting to work somewhere, as it ain't like you have to support the Mags [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]Wink

When I worked at the SoL, there was loads of Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Gateshead fans working there, even a couple of Blyth Spartans fans

More often than not, it is not the club you would work for, as a lot of clubs bring in an outside catering company, in Sunderlands case I worked for Lindley Catering and not SAFC

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 2:17 pm)MrFozz Lol...I see where ya coming from mate, but that's a mad excuse for not wanting to work somewhere, as it ain't like you have to support the Mags [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]Wink

When I worked at the SoL, there was loads of Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Gateshead fans working there, even a couple of Blyth Spartans fans

More often than not, it is not the club you would work for, as a lot of clubs bring in an outside catering company, in Sunderlands case I worked for Lindley Catering and not SAFC

Thing is though I had only applied to do the Rugby World Cup so really I zero interest in doing anything with the company after that, anything in the meantime is an added bonus.

When did you work for Lindley Catering Fozz, as I worked for them at SOL from August 2010 to January 2011.

(01 May 2015, 3:32 pm)Malarkey Thing is though I had only applied to do the Rugby World Cup so really I zero interest in doing anything with the company after that, anything in the meantime is an added bonus.

When did you work for Lindley Catering Fozz, as I worked for them at SOL from August 2010 to January 2011.
First time in 2001-2002 and again from 2007-2011...Worked on the South Stand Away End till I nearly got sacked in 2010 after a game against Manchester United for the following

Manchester United Fans Like Vultures

Funny little story about that, When I got told off about it, I was reminded that I was not supposed to talk to the press as outlined in some kind of employees handbook, which surprised me, because up to that point, I had never seen the Handbook and as soon as I told them that every bar got a handbook very quick

Gary Hutchinson(think he is overall head of catering and hpspitality supposedly went absolutely ballistic, I only kept my job because

1:-I had no knowledge of the employees handbook...and
2:-I told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

I was not actually on the bar it happened, but the bar opposite and was close to go and wade in, as my dad was team leader on the affected Bar, his tills were down about 500 notes when things settled down Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 4:08 pm)MrFozz First time in 2001-2002 and again from 2007-2011...Worked on the South Stand Away End till I nearly got sacked in 2010 after a game against Manchester United for the following

Funny little story about that, When I got told off about it, I was reminded that I was not supposed to talk to the press as outlined in some kind of employees handbook, which surprised me, because up to that point, I had never seen the Handbook and as soon as I told them that every bar got a handbook very quick

Gary Hutchinson(think he is overall head of catering and hpspitality supposedly went absolutely ballistic, I only kept my job because

I was not actually on the bar it happened, but the bar opposite and was close to go and wade in, as my dad was team leader on the affected Bar, his tills were down about 500 notes when things settled down Big Grin

Never mind your 5 mins of fame, just read this (after reading your link) http://m.sunderlandecho.com/what-s-on/watch-dave-the-rave-eats-pease-pudding-and-ham-stottie-while-dancing-for-art-project-1-7240075

(01 May 2015, 4:43 pm)Andreos1 Never mind your 5 mins of fame, just read this (after reading your link) http://m.sunderlandecho.com/what-s-on/watch-dave-the-rave-eats-pease-pudding-and-ham-stottie-while-dancing-for-art-project-1-7240075

See him most Tuesdays at Ingeus and the odd occasion in the City Centre.

(01 May 2015, 4:57 pm)Malarkey See him most Tuesdays at Ingeus and the odd occasion in the City Centre.

Complete with a ham and pease pudding stottie?

Speaking of Sunderland "legends", I saw "The Bag Man" (minus his bags) near Natwest Bank a week or two ago.

Hadn't seen him for a good few years prior to that - thought he had died!

(01 May 2015, 4:08 pm)MrFozz First time in 2001-2002 and again from 2007-2011...Worked on the South Stand Away End till I nearly got sacked in 2010 after a game against Manchester United for the following

Funny little story about that, When I got told off about it,  I was reminded that I was not supposed to talk to the press as outlined in some kind of employees handbook, which surprised me, because up to that point, I had never seen the Handbook and as soon as I told them that every bar got a handbook very quick

Fozz you never fail to amuse me with your stories.

Anyway I started off in the West Stand with this lass called Nicole, who didnt live far from where I lived so I occasionally got a lift home if we missed the last bus if it was a late K.O, and then there was a reshuffle of Staff on each bar which ended up in me moving over to the North East Corner, Hated the Team Leader on my Bar so I requested to be moved, didnt go far only two bars up from where I was in the East Stand, but also meant I was allowed to pour pints as it was an Alcohol only Bar which I shouldnt of been on as I was only 17 at the time, but as it was only a few weeks till my 18th Birthday at the time they opted not to move me as I was quite good at the old pint pulling.

(01 May 2015, 5:01 pm)Andreos1 Complete with a ham and pease pudding stottie?

Nah just Dancing.

Laura Rostron back on BBC Look North.

(01 May 2015, 5:31 pm)Andreos1 Laura Rostron back on BBC Look North.

More of a Lucy Versamy on ITV type of Guy.

(01 May 2015, 4:43 pm)Andreos1 Never mind your 5 mins of fame, just read this (after reading your link) http://m.sunderlandecho.com/what-s-on/watch-dave-the-rave-eats-pease-pudding-and-ham-stottie-while-dancing-for-art-project-1-7240075

Dave the Rave is a legend

(01 May 2015, 5:11 pm)Malarkey Fozz you never fail to amuse me with your stories.

Anyway I started off in the West Stand with this lass called Nicole, who didnt live far from where I lived so I occasionally got a lift home if we missed the last bus if it was a late K.O, and then there was a reshuffle of Staff on each bar which ended up in me moving over to the North East Corner, Hated the Team Leader on my Bar so I requested to be moved, didnt go far only two bars up from where I was in the East Stand, but also meant I was allowed to pour pints as it was an Alcohol only Bar which I shouldnt of been on as I was only 17 at the time, but as it was only a few weeks till my 18th Birthday at the time they opted not to move me as I was quite good at the old pint pulling.

Nah just Dancing.
Who was the gaffer when you were there, was Dave Moses there...Rita(can't remember her surname)...We used to call Moses the Fuhrer or Il Duce Big Grin

(01 May 2015, 5:05 pm)Dan Speaking of Sunderland "legends", I saw "The Bag Man" (minus his bags) near Natwest Bank a week or two ago.

Hadn't seen him for a good few years prior to that - thought he had died!
Is Bag Man the guy who won't take anything off anyone, I remember offering some old homeless looking guy a cigarette and pound, he was not happy about it...He would walk round the town checking phone boxes to see if people left there change

(01 May 2015, 5:47 pm)MrFozz Dave the Rave is a legend

Who was the gaffer when you were there, was Dave Moses there...Rita(can't remember her surname)...We used to call Moses the Fuhrer or Il Duce Big Grin

No idea but they were all a bunch of arseholes, got told off by one of them one Match for taking my Hat and Jumper off as I was about to pass out due to it being over 20 Degrees on this particular day, took me around to the office and demanded I put them back on as I flat out refused to do so at the bar, in the end as he wasnt listening to me so I dumped them on his desk and told him to piss off, before walking out of the office and back around to the bar.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 01 May 2015

(01 May 2015, 5:50 pm)MrFozz Is Bag Man the guy who won't take anything off anyone, I remember offering some old homeless looking guy a cigarette and pound, he was not happy about it...He would walk round the town checking phone boxes to see if people left there change

Was that not Jimmy Jesus?

I have't seen bag man in ages, glad hes ok though!