North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 08 Jun 2015

(08 Jun 2015, 12:30 pm)tyresmoke Good progress being made on the independents fleetlists today - updates and completing some more lists!

All from Berlin?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 08 Jun 2015

(08 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm)aureolin A rumble in the distance, and then seeing ex-Northern National 4708 roar past the office window in Tyne and Wear PTE livery.

What a beast. Looking very smart indeed!

Just spotted a photo from it's outing today on flickr:

[Image: 18605282142_d35f8f307a.jpg]
FTN708W by C522LJR, on Flickr

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 08 Jun 2015

My unbelieveably productive lessons today:
Free first, which I spent listening to Kodaline, sending messages to people, and talking about "Movie Deaths"

Maths second, where we started our C3 A2 coursework, which was the easiest thing I've done this year!

History third, we were sent to an IT room (all three of us) and told to research what we want to study for our coursework piece next year (100 years of whatever we want!), I looked at Amazon for a couple of books that could help, then resorted to listening to music, and generally not doing a lot...

History fourth, we couldn't find our teacher for this, as our actual teacher left a few months back, and the teacher we had in the morning was up in an IT room. We sat in a room, played pictionary, hangman, and catch with a whiteboard pen Wink

Maths last, only the computer I logged onto had the software needed, and it took us a long time to figure this out. We eventually found another room, where no computers had it. A technican installed it, and we had 15 minutes of valuable learning time left Wink

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 08 Jun 2015

Just had a phone call for an Interview at The Bishops Mill Wetherspoons in Durham tomorrow afternoon, only applied for it today as well, hopefully the other 4 Wetherspoons that I applied to also call for an Interview.

(08 Jun 2015, 8:21 pm)Malarkey Just had a phone call for an Interview at The Bishops Mill Wetherspoons in Durham tomorrow afternoon, only applied for it today as well, hopefully the other 4 Wetherspoons that I applied to also call for an Interview.

Good luck!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 08 Jun 2015

(08 Jun 2015, 8:33 pm)aureolin Good luck!

Thanks aureolin.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - idiot - 08 Jun 2015

Good luck Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 08 Jun 2015

(08 Jun 2015, 12:50 pm)Andreos1 All from Berlin?

No I am back home now lol got home on Friday.
Out tomorrow in West Yorkshire then Hertfordshire on Wednesday. Suppose I should do some NE stuff this week too!

(08 Jun 2015, 9:26 pm)tyresmoke No I am back home now lol got home on Friday.
Out tomorrow in West Yorkshire then Hertfordshire on Wednesday. Suppose I should do some NE stuff this week too!
Hexham may be a plan. Whilst the loanees are there.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 08 Jun 2015

(08 Jun 2015, 8:21 pm)Malarkey Just had a phone call for an Interview at The Bishops Mill Wetherspoons in Durham tomorrow afternoon, only applied for it today as well, hopefully the other 4 Wetherspoons that I applied to also call for an Interview.

Good luck Malarkey, I hope it goes well Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 08 Jun 2015

(08 Jun 2015, 9:30 pm)aureolin Hexham may be a plan. Whilst the loanees are there.

The loan coaches return to the depot between 4pm and 5pm.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 09 Jun 2015

John Carver has left Newcastle

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 4:14 pm)Davie John Carver has left Newcastle

Careful what you wish for.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 09 Jun 2015

Good luck Malarks Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 09 Jun 2015

How'd it go? I seen you walking up to the bus station at 4pm, whilst I was waiting for the 57A.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 6:18 pm)aureolin How'd it go? I seen you walking up to the bus station at 4pm, whilst I was waiting for the 57A.
I would have stopped and talked to you had I seen you, but as I was on the phone and in power walk mode to catch the X21 over to Gateshead, as for the Interview I thought it went ok as I went into depth on my experience of working in bars, and I got the interpretation he was impressed with what I was saying to him, particularly about the shift I did for the Rugby the other week and my willingness to go in the barrel store and learn how to change a barrel, the bloke said he had interviews up until 9pm this evening so he said he would either phone or send an email to confirm whether I had been successful once he had concluded the other interviews, then from their arrange a 2-4 Hour Unpaid Work Trial at the weekend if he feels it is needed.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 7:27 pm)Malarkey I would have stopped and talked to you had I seen you, but as I was on the phone and in power walk mode to catch the X21 over to Gateshead, as for the Interview I thought it went ok as I went into depth on my experience of working in bars, and I got the interpretation he was impressed with what I was saying to him, particularly about the shift I did for the Rugby the other week and my willingness to go in the barrel store and learn how to change a barrel, the bloke said he had interviews up until 9pm this evening so he said he would either phone or send an email to confirm whether I had been successful once he had concluded the other interviews, then from their arrange a 2-4 Hour Unpaid Work Trial at the weekend if he feels it is needed.

Just received an email saying I was unsuccessful and that the other applicants more closely match their criteria, basically they are more experienced than I am, wonder how many of them have worked in Stadiums rather Pubs and Clubs.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 8:53 pm)Malarkey Just received an email saying I was unsuccessful and that the other applicants more closely match their criteria, basically they are more experienced than I am, wonder how many of them have worked in Stadiums rather Pubs and Clubs.

Stick with it and your time will come.
Sure of it.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 8:53 pm)Malarkey Just received an email saying I was unsuccessful and that the other applicants more closely match their criteria, basically they are more experienced than I am, wonder how many of them have worked in Stadiums rather Pubs and Clubs.

Chin up Malarks, at least they got back to you, interviews in the past I have been to I have not heard back a few times, what criteria do you need to work in a boozer, not exactly quantum physics...

If I was a Pub Landlord, I would be looking for people in your shoes, as I believe Stadium works brings it's own set of skills and if your good at that and can manage in that environment, working in a pub should be a piece of piss...

Shame we don't have a few grand between us, Mill Inn in Seaham is up for let, would love to run my own pub lol Big Grin

Keeping plodding Adam, something will come your way soon mate

RE: Whats made you happy today? - idiot - 09 Jun 2015

Chin up mate Smile