North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 01 Aug 2015

(01 Aug 2015, 6:44 pm)R852 PRG I'm planning on going across to have a trip on the Class 37s next summer, got too much on this summer. They're there for four years anyway. Big Grin

Not set in stone yet as far as I've heard. From what a couple of Northern Rail driver's have told me, they might be going as far as December 2015 and that is it.

But, nothing is confirmed yet. Northern certainly need to keep the Loco Hauled in my opinion as the train I got back to Carlisle from the remote village I was in had standees, even with four/five carriages. So imagine what it would be like on a one coach Class 153!

Also, there is talk of Northern bringing Loco Hauled to Newcastle for the Rugby World Cup.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - DanPicken - 01 Aug 2015

(01 Aug 2015, 7:28 pm)LeeCalder Not set in stone yet as far as I've heard. From what a couple of Northern Rail driver's have told me, they might be going as far as December 2015 and that is it.

But, nothing is confirmed yet. Northern certainly need to keep the Loco Hauled in my opinion as the train I got back to Carlisle from the remote village I was in had standees, even with four/five carriages. So imagine what it would be like on a one coach Class 153!

Also, there is talk of Northern bringing Loco Hauled to Newcastle for the Rugby World Cup.

I'll get that loco-haul set.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - northern156 - 01 Aug 2015

(01 Aug 2015, 7:28 pm)LeeCalder Not set in stone yet as far as I've heard. From what a couple of Northern Rail driver's have told me, they might be going as far as December 2015 and that is it.

[Image: wibble.jpg]

(01 Aug 2015, 7:28 pm)LeeCalder But, nothing is confirmed yet. Northern certainly need to keep the Loco Hauled in my opinion as the train I got back to Carlisle from the remote village I was in had standees, even with four/five carriages. So imagine what it would be like on a one coach Class 153!
One of the main reasons there's so many on the services (especially on Saturdays/ School Holidays) is because they're an enthusiast magnet - ie people who wouldn't necessarily travel on them regularly.
One of the main reasons the DfT wanted them in (apart from the stock cascades) was for the Sellafield workers; the sets cope fine with the amount of people who get on (2C41 northbound, 2C34 southbound).
Additionally the number of times you see a one-car 153 working a Carlisle - Barrow (and beyond) is minimal now. Mostly 156 as a minimum with one working a 142.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 01 Aug 2015

(01 Aug 2015, 7:48 pm)northern156 One of the main reasons there's so many on the services (especially on Saturdays/ School Holidays) is because they're an enthusiast magnet - ie people who wouldn't necessarily travel on them regularly.
One of the main reasons the DfT wanted them in (apart from the stock cascades) was for the Sellafield workers; the sets cope fine with the amount of people who get on (2C41 northbound, 2C34 southbound).
Additionally the number of times you see a one-car 153 working a Carlisle - Barrow (and beyond) is minimal now. Mostly 156 as a minimum with one working a 142.

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with these workings. There was a 153 on today.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - idiot - 01 Aug 2015

My cycle club new kith as arrived. Cost me £162.50 but is well worth it!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 01 Aug 2015

(01 Aug 2015, 7:48 pm)northern156 [Image: wibble.jpg]

One of the main reasons there's so many on the services (especially on Saturdays/ School Holidays) is because they're an enthusiast magnet - ie people who wouldn't necessarily travel on them regularly.

I have 0646 Maryport-Barrow, 0920 Barrow-Carlisle, 1208 Carlisle-Barrow as a single 153. It joins up with a 156 for 1643 Barrow-Carlisle before running 2037 Carlisle-Whitehaven, 2151 Whitehaven-Workington on its own
142 diagram is 0519 Preston-Barrow, 0803 Barrow-Sellafield, 0903 Sellafield-Barrow, 1010 Barrow-Carlisle, 1252 Carlisle-Lancaster then onto Morecambe shuttles for the rest of the evening

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 01 Aug 2015

Finding out that MLP is on UK version of Netflix.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - northern156 - 02 Aug 2015

It's still only one diagram out of four ish. The fact the single 153 works one Carlisle - Barrow per day is what I was on about.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 02 Aug 2015

Upgraded to Windows 10 last night (had to force the download through, as I was bored of waiting). Quite like it, and it gave me an excuse to do some "spring cleaning" (deleted a lot of unnecessary programs that I no longer use, as well as using CCleaner to delete all of the unnecessary temporary files and suchlike. Also gave me an excuse to set my laptop up to my 26" monitor to provide a dual display.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 02 Aug 2015

Well I've been busy today! Doing a fair bit of work on our independents fleetlists... added all of these companies...
Albatross Bus & Coach
Badger Mini Bus Hire
Diamond Travel
DND Travel Ltd
Jovial Private Hire
Promotion Buses
Roxby's Mini Bus Hire
Sodexo

Please have a look and let me know if you can offer any data towards building these lists.
If you spot something we don't have then either PM me or post it in the company thread in the Independents section.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 02 Aug 2015

Just successfully bidded for two old 35mm slides on eBay. One of MCW Metrobus A618 BCN (in ''rainbow'' livery) on display at a rally and the other of Leyland National Mk1 SBR 759V on the 775 to Consett, in Chester-le-Street. Never bothered with anything before on eBay; however my dad frequently buys old Sunderland AFC items on there and knows all of the tactics, including not placing the bid until three seconds before it goes off. Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 02 Aug 2015

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/07/hull-city-15-16-kit.html?m=1 Was gonna post this yesterday but was too drunk the new Hull City Away Shirt looks ok nice choice

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 02 Aug 2015

(02 Aug 2015, 9:54 am)Dan Upgraded to Windows 10 last night (had to force the download through, as I was bored of waiting). Quite like it, and it gave me an excuse to do some "spring cleaning" (deleted a lot of unnecessary programs that I no longer use, as well as using CCleaner to delete all of the unnecessary temporary files and suchlike. Also gave me an excuse to set my laptop up to my 26" monitor to provide a dual display.

I'm sick of waiting as well! How did you force it, couldn't find an option on Microsoft's website? (unless it's the section where you download onto a memory stick for other devices?)  

Cheers Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 02 Aug 2015

I do like Windows 10, the blue is much easier on the eye than the red of the previous version.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 03 Aug 2015

I've just completed the Go North East section of my website. Now moving on too Arriva, I'm getting through it quicker than I previously have.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jackamcardle - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 7:06 am)LeeCalder I've just completed the Go North East section of my website. Now moving on too Arriva, I'm getting through it quicker than I previously have.

What's this website about?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 8:31 am)Jackamcardle What's this website about?

Buses Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 03 Aug 2015

These coach seats on the 685 are amazing! So comfortable.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 03 Aug 2015

Thank you Lee for whacking my head with the Quaylink ball, really appreciate that! Wink

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 1:43 pm)GX03 SVC Thank you Lee for whacking my head with the Quaylink ball, really appreciate that! Wink

I've got one from the ''Coast & Country'' launches if you'd like another?  Big Grin