North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 6:25 pm)northern156 All VWs so you're getting something decent for your money! I must say I adore the Leon FRs too, not a massive fan of most other trims of the Leon though. Smile

Well I love my Leon FR thats for sure....its a 1.4 getting 138 bhp, it can shift thats for sure in normal mode let alone sport mode  Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 6:59 pm)citaro5284 Well I love my Leon FR thats for sure....its a 1.4 getting 138 bhp, it can shift thats for sure in normal mode let alone sport mode  Big Grin

I also love your car. Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 11 Aug 2015

Ellie Goulding's latest instagram pic Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:37 pm)aureolin Ellie Goulding's latest instagram pic Big Grin
Care to share I have not got instagram at the moment Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 11 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 7:39 pm)MrFozz Care to share I have not got instagram at the moment Big Grin
Get the app on your phone mate. Well worth a browse!

Try https://instagram.com/p/6QSwtnzfUu/

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 11 Aug 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Fast & Furious movies again (just finished Furious6) - certainly some of my favourites. ITV2 have been showing them a lot recently, so I've ended up managing to get into them again.

I had to ensure that I didn't carry out any of the maneuvers shown in the movies in my driving lesson today (which went absolutely fantastic!) I was given the opportunity to go 60mph on a dual carriageway this afternoon, which is the highest speed I've gone to in my little Corsa. Loved every second, but had to make sure watching Fast & Furious before my lesson didn't go to my head!

Got confirmation of what I already knew about Drug Tests today...

I finally found out that taking Nytol/Nightcalm sleeping tablets can cause a false + for methadone use...I have never taken Methadone before and now I have the proof I need to show I have been telling the truth for the last 6 months

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 11 Aug 2015

MrFozzGot confirmation of what I already knew about Drug Tests today...

I finally found out that taking Nytol/Nightcalm sleeping tablets can cause a false + for methadone use...I have never taken Methadone before and now I have the proof I need to show I have been telling the truth for the last 6 months

.........................................................................................

Have you been taking the herbal sort or the antihistamine one? The antihistamine one has pretty lingering sedative effects. I get migraines off them. I take prescription amitryptiline for my sleep, these days, as my sleep problems are exacerbated by my joint problems. I was fine on 4 hours' sleep in my 20s, but, somehow, in my old age 40s, it floors me Big Grin

If you haven't done so, already, and you have persistent insomnia, I'd have a chat with your GP. If it's affecting your daily life , then a prescription would at least serve as the evidence you need - better still, you might, if the wind is lowin in the right direction, get a referral to a sleep clinic.

(11 Aug 2015, 9:56 pm)BusLoverMum Have you been taking the herbal sort or the antihistamine one? The antihistamine one has pretty lingering sedative effects. I get migraines off them. I take prescription amitryptiline for my sleep, these days, as my sleep problems are exacerbated by my joint problems. I was fine on 4 hours' sleep in my 20s, but, somehow, in my old age 40s, it floors me Big Grin

The Anti-Histamine one, it is the Diphenydramine in them that causes a cross reaction, I have been known to take Benzos in the past which has showed up on drug tests and occasionally take amitryptiline as my sister is prescribed it...

My main problem is codeine addiction which I am in treatment for, i must say it is not going well, I will probably need a further increase of the meds I am on...I am taking Suboxone aka Buprenorphine

(11 Aug 2015, 10:04 pm)MrFozz The Anti-Histamine one, it is the Diphenydramine in them that causes a cross reaction, I have been known to take Benzos in the past which has showed up on drug tests and occasionally take amitryptiline as my sister is prescribed it...

My main problem is codeine addiction which I am in treatment for, i must say it is not going well, I will probably need a further increase of the meds I am on...I am taking Suboxone aka Buprenorphine

I'm lucky that I have a gene that makes codeine not particularly addictive for me. It's wonderful for deep pain, but the constipation prevents me from being willing to even contemplate more than about 100mg per day on a regular basis. If I do my back or neck in, I'll ramp it up for a couple of days and suffer the gastric consequences, but I can't do that to myself daily for any sort of buzz, or anything because I get nothing more than a warm rush where the strain is. I usually take some 30/500 co-codamol and maybe some naproxen to get me moving in the morning then leave it at that, unless I hurt myself.

IIRC, Dipenhydramine is on an athlete's banned list because of the effects it has in drug tests. It's no longer prescribed as an antihistamine and only present in sedatives, now.

(11 Aug 2015, 10:20 pm)BusLoverMum I'm lucky that I have a gene that makes codeine not particularly addictive for me. It's wonderful for deep pain, but the constipation prevents me from being willing to even contemplate more than about 180mg per day on a regular basis. If I do my back or neck in, I'll ramp it up for a couple of days and suffer the gastric consequences, but I can't do that to myself daily for any sort of buzz, or anything because I get nothing more than a warm rush where the strain is. I usually take some 60/500 co-codamol and maybe some naproxen to get me moving in the morning then leave it at that, unless I hurt myself.

IIRC, Dipenhydramine is on an athlete's banned list because of the effects it has in drug tests. It's no longer prescribed as an antihistamine and only present in sedatives, now.
Pleased I am not in Sport, I woulda been banned years ago lol, I imagine it is because of the possibility of it giving off a false positive for other substances

I have also been warned about the amount of caffeine and Energy Drinks I consume as they have the opposite effect of any diphenydramine, in my case, I could throw a handful of benzos or nytol down my neck and 2 minutes knock back a 500ml Can of Rockstar followed by a cup of coffee, so god only knows what is going on inside my body half the time

(11 Aug 2015, 10:37 pm)MrFozz Pleased I am not in Sport, I woulda been banned years ago lol, I imagine it is because of the possibility of it giving off a false positive for other substances

I have also been warned about the amount of caffeine and Energy Drinks I consume as they have the opposite effect of any diphenydramine, in my case, I could throw a handful of benzos or nytol down my neck and 2 minutes knock back a 500ml Can of Rockstar followed by a cup of coffee, so god only knows what is going on inside my body half the time

Cutting back on the caffeine, first, might be the key to getting rid of the rest. The side effects are awful, but only last days.

Caffeine is usually a morning only thing for me, these days. I love the kick awake, but hate the bouncing off the walls feeling if I overdo it it also does the opposite to my guts of codeine.

I will probably never cut out caffeine all togetner and certainly not energy drinks, I will admit that right here and now, same with smoking, I enjoy a fag too much, if I tried to pack everything in at the same time it would kill me, not literally, but close enough, I am concentrating on withdrawing from Codeine at the moment and taking things 1 day at a time Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - idiot - 12 Aug 2015

(11 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm)Dan Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Fast & Furious movies again (just finished Furious6) - certainly some of my favourites. ITV2 have been showing them a lot recently, so I've ended up managing to get into them again.

I had to ensure that I didn't carry out any of the maneuvers shown in the movies in my driving lesson today (which went absolutely fantastic!) I was given the opportunity to go 60mph on a dual carriageway this afternoon, which is the highest speed I've gone to in my little Corsa. Loved every second, but had to make sure watching Fast & Furious before my lesson didn't go to my head!

Haha reminds me of when I took my driving lessons. I wasn't allowed to watch Top Gear before a lesson as it made me mad on my lessons changing gear to quick etc!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 12 Aug 2015

The #ResultsDayExcuses hashtag.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 12 Aug 2015

(12 Aug 2015, 5:37 pm)Dan The #ResultsDayExcuses hashtag.

Oh what are they? Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 12 Aug 2015

(12 Aug 2015, 5:37 pm)Dan The #ResultsDayExcuses hashtag.
Which results???

A-Levels???

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 12 Aug 2015

(12 Aug 2015, 8:53 pm)MrFozz Which results???

A-Levels???

Aye. They come out tomorrow i think.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 12 Aug 2015

(12 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm)S813 FVK Aye. They come out tomorrow i think.

Yep. Just been mentioning it on 6 music.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 12 Aug 2015

Just seen my first ever Perseid meteors.

An owl flew past me while I was out there.