North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 13 Jul 2016

(13 Jul 2016, 3:35 pm)South Tyne Lad Had Sports Day today.

Got picked to do Javelin and 200Ms

Came 3rd in Javelin with 17M 30cms
Came 2nd in 200Ms 2 and a half seconds after first place.

Pretty gutted as I came first in the 200Ms a month earlier, But still pleased.

I've got mine on Monday :s 

Not looking forward to it!!!! Angry

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 13 Jul 2016

(13 Jul 2016, 5:20 pm)NK53 TKT I've got mine on Monday :s 

Throw a sickie  Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - South Tyne Lad - 13 Jul 2016

(13 Jul 2016, 5:20 pm)NK53 TKT I've got mine on Monday :s 

I love sport! Though Football is my main.

(13 Jul 2016, 3:40 pm)Tom Canny good that like lucky getting a Sports Day too we do absolutely nothing like that. We even have to work on the last day which is a joke - I don't get the point in doing work when we have covered all the Year 10 work and we will just forget the rest after 7 weeks or something

Your school sounds pretty harsh like haha.

(13 Jul 2016, 5:32 pm)South Tyne Lad I love sport! Though Football is my main.

Hope you love Formula 1 as well mind  Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - South Tyne Lad - 13 Jul 2016

(13 Jul 2016, 5:35 pm)citaro5284 Hope you love Formula 1 as well mind  Smile

I do, Though other sports are higher than that Wink

(13 Jul 2016, 5:38 pm)South Tyne Lad I do, Though other sports are higher than that  Wink

tut, tut, thats not good, should be number 1

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 13 Jul 2016

I haven't watched F1 since it moved over to Channel 4 - i would watch it on Sky but a) father decided to get rid of it and b) i cant be bothered to go downstairs to watch TV when i can watch it upstairs in my room

(13 Jul 2016, 5:54 pm)S813 FVK I haven't watched F1 since it moved over to Channel 4 - i would watch it on Sky but a) father decided to get rid of it and b) i cant be bothered to go downstairs to watch TV when i can watch it upstairs in my room

Oh dear...I love watching it on Sky with Martin Brundle, David Croft and Ted Kravitz.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 13 Jul 2016

(13 Jul 2016, 3:35 pm)South Tyne Lad Had Sports Day today.

Got picked to do Javelin and 200Ms

Came 3rd in Javelin with 17M 30cms
Came 2nd in 200Ms 2 and a half seconds after first place.

Pretty gutted as I came first in the 200Ms a month earlier, But still pleased.

My attempts at javelin were laughable.

Big'un has his tomorrow, but won't be participating.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 13 Jul 2016

(13 Jul 2016, 6:05 pm)citaro5284 Oh dear...I love watching it on Sky with Martin Brundle, David Croft and Ted Kravitz.

We are looking to get Sky back though so all isn't too bad! 

I personally didn't think that BBCs coverage was too bad but i just don't like Channel 4 in general.

(13 Jul 2016, 5:29 pm)citaro5284 Throw a sickie  Smile

I had part one today, a morning of cricket Angry

I wish, I nearly ate grass to throw up Tongue

(13 Jul 2016, 6:40 pm)BusLoverMum Big'un has his tomorrow, but won't be participating.

Lucky thing Wink

(13 Jul 2016, 5:32 pm)South Tyne Lad I love sport! Though Football is my main

Football is dire, (I know people on here will disagree with me)

I would rather be in school than be at St James' Park, I have been once; never again!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 13 Jul 2016

(13 Jul 2016, 8:37 pm)NK53 TKT I had part one today, a morning of cricket Angry

I wish, I nearly ate grass to throw up Tongue

Lucky thing Wink

Sports Day isn't that bad haha you can easily get out of it just say you forgot your kit or something

Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 13 Jul 2016

Had a enjoyable day out in the Lakes today, got to sample the new Enviro 400MMC's on the 555 between Lancaster and Windermere (via the M6), also rode some old E400's on the 555, three open top Trident's (would have only been two had I not rejected a Slimline Solo SR on the 77 which was a bit cosy), got my first ride on a Virgin Pendolino from Lancaster to Preston then a 150 to Blackpool North, was pretty happy to bag Volvo Olympian 16793 / P723GND on the 42 from Blackpool to Lancaster this morning.

Photos will start to be uploaded to Flickr within the next few days.

(13 Jul 2016, 9:03 pm)Jimmi Had a enjoyable day out in the Lakes today, got to sample the new Enviro 400MMC's on the 555 between Lancaster and Windermere (via the M6), also rode some old E400's on the 555, three open top Trident's (would have only been two had I not rejected a Slimline Solo SR on the 77 which was a bit cosy), got my first ride on a Virgin Pendolino from Lancaster to Preston then a 150 to Blackpool North, was pretty happy to bag Volvo Olympian 16793 / P723GND on the 42 from Blackpool to Lancaster this morning.

Photos will start to be uploaded to Flickr within the next few days.

Very nice where glad you done the 77 what did you think? Deffo going to head up there in a couple of weeks when I get the chance.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 13 Jul 2016

(13 Jul 2016, 9:18 pm)Tom Very nice where glad you done the 77 what did you think? Deffo going to head up there in a couple of weeks when I get the chance.
I got the 78 from Keswick to Seatoller, I then waited for the 77 but as it arrived with standees on-board, so I just let it go and waited for the next 78 instead, worked out for the best though as not getting on the 77 meant I got a awesome scenic shot of the Solo SR that was allocated.

Want to head back to the Lakes again soon, hopefully I can manage to rangle a day out in the next few weeks.

(13 Jul 2016, 9:27 pm)Jimmi I got the 78 from Keswick to Seatoller, I then waited for the 77 but as it arrived with standees on-board, so I just let it go and waited for the next 78 instead, worked out for the best though as not getting on the 77 meant I got a awesome scenic shot of the Solo SR that was allocated.

Want to head back to the Lakes again soon, hopefully I can manage to rangle a day out in the next few weeks.

Ah sorry I misread your post Smile
The 78 is still a good route though, will look out for your photos too

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 13 Jul 2016

(13 Jul 2016, 8:40 pm)Tom Sports Day isn't that bad haha you can easily get out of it just say you forgot your kit or something

His school makes PE as accessible as possible - no special kit unless it's something messy. Also very forgiving when he can't muck in. Only 6 kids in his whole year group, so none of the usual tedious slog through yeargroups and events.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 16 Jul 2016

Pleased at how well my photos from Friday around the North Yorkshire around the Vales of York and Pickering. Also included visits to depots of Stephensons at Tholthorpe. John Smith and Sons at Dalton, and Reliance at Sutton on Forest.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 18 Jul 2016

Enjoy my trip to the Nottingham Area Bus Society running day at Ruddington today. Although we only got on 3 vehicles (plus a minature railway train), it was a really good day weather wise and it was nice to see a different selection of vehicles.

First up was Nottingham City Transport 666 (ARC666T), a Leyland Atlantean with Northern Counties bodywork to a Nottingham development specification. The journey was from Ruddington GCR(N) to the edge of Clifton Estate via Ruddington Village. This Atlantean is also unusual in having a turbocharged Leyland 0.680 engine.
.jpg
IMG_1727.JPG
Size 11.49 MB / Downloads 11

Next was Trent A15 (ORC545P), a Leyland Atlantean with ECW bodywork. This is a bit of a fictional livery as this vehicle was never operated in service by Trent. The vehicle was new to Northern General as 3299 (MPT299P) with a dual door body. In the mid 80s it was one of a number of dual door Atlanteans sold to other operators, in this case it went to Oxford. After Oxford it ended up with Trent who cut off the roof, converted it to single door and used it as a tree lopper. The vehicle was preserved and was restored to passenger use as a open top bus, though the downstairs seating layout is no longer original, however the vehicle is the sole remaining example of this batch. The journey on this was a lengthly trip from Ruddington to Rushcliffe halt and return.
.jpg
IMG_1809.JPG
Size 8.65 MB / Downloads 13

Final bus to be travelled on was Nottingham City Transport 724 (C724MRC) a Leyland National Mk2. This trip undertaken was the same as onboard Atlantean 666.
.jpg
IMG_1659.JPG
Size 8.25 MB / Downloads 11