North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 14 Nov 2014

(14 Nov 2014, 7:36 pm)Andreos1 The morphine was good!

Had no idea what was up at the time, I just had a funny turn.
The docs were worried, especially when the only thing taking away the pain was the morphine.
It was only when they started voicing their concerns that the realisation kicked in.

Shit mate, hope you are ok and find out what is going on, hope it is not serious...

I have had a few funny turns since 1998, in 2006 my doc thought I may be epileptic, but each seizure was put down to drugs I overdosed on or was addicted to.

The 1998 episode was the worst, I nearly paid the ultimate price, it was a massive seizure and was fighting the A&E staff time that one doctor said 10 Mike Tysons would have struggled that night, it was that bad, a consultant had no idea how to treat me as he had rarely come across anyone that violent, he rang Great Ormond Street for advice from one there top paediatricians, who decided the best option was just to simply put me in a coma for a while, I ended up out cold connected up to god knows what in ICU...20 more minutes and I would have been cashing in my divine chips...

I had another seizure in 2005 or 2006, nothing serious, all I remembered was a paramedic standing over me asking me all sorts of questions, he said to me 'have you had bowel movements' it did not register what he saying till my sister piped and said 'Have you shit or pissed your pants' to which all I could say was 'I think you would smell it wouldn't you'

The weirdest seizure had to be in 2010, through accidental overdose, Police were called as I was being stroppy, stand-offish and uncooperative with the Paramedics, I couldnt move for a while, I ended up able to get downstairs, I have no recollection of this, I was sat on the sofa bollock naked, talking to the Police and tried to play with myself(cant believe I admit to that), someone told me I was convinced a kid and sounded and acted childish...

What that has to do with your situation, I dont know, but thought I would tell you anyway Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 14 Nov 2014

I found a video i liked on Youtube from ages ago..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjVKTJ5cXFY&list=LLQgykRMVoeVJ_vTbXBk_M2A&index=37 - Song is -  Walking in the air by Nightwish (not the original of course!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4 - hahahaha! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY - Trololo - R.I.P =(

These vid's on my like list though! 

First 1 is gold though

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 14 Nov 2014

(14 Nov 2014, 7:36 pm)Andreos1 The morphine was good!

Had no idea what was up at the time, I just had a funny turn.
The docs were worried, especially when the only thing taking away the pain was the morphine.
It was only when they started voicing their concerns that the realisation kicked in.
Sounds like a very scary ordeal, but good to hear that you got the all clear.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 15 Nov 2014

Well, despite the cold and misty weather conditions (and of course the bloke I encountered earlier - see What's Annoying You thread), I'm getting some really nice autumnal shots here in York! Wink

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 16 Nov 2014

Well I've just sent off a £21.90 cheque to Steven Knight Media for 3 books and 4 postcards!

I went for the East Yorkshire Motor Services one, because I feel like I connected with it (pun intended) when it was featured in 'On The Yorkshire Buses'. I also went for the Stagecoach in Cumbria & North Lancashire one because I would love to expand my knowledge over in that area, and as it will be handy when I go to the Lakes next year!

I also went for the pack of 4 postcards with the Stagecoach-liveried Bristol FLF on, because who doesn't want to send a lovely postcard to their grandma, who lives 150 yards away! Tongue

Lastly, the Stagecoach East Midlands handbook was purchased, because that Solo SR on the front looked so damn fine in that livery! Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 16 Nov 2014

(16 Nov 2014, 3:42 pm)Marcus Well I've just sent off a £21.90 cheque to Steven Knight Media for 3 books and 4 postcards!

I went for the East Yorkshire Motor Services one, because I feel like I connected with it (pun intended) when it was featured in 'On The Yorkshire Buses'. I also went for the Stagecoach in Cumbria & North Lancashire one because I would love to expand my knowledge over in that area, and as it will be handy when I go to the Lakes next year!

I also went for the pack of 4 postcards with the Stagecoach-liveried Bristol FLF on, because who doesn't want to send a lovely postcard to their grandma, who lives 150 yards away! Tongue

Lastly, the Stagecoach East Midlands handbook was purchased, because that Solo SR on the front looked so damn fine in that livery! Smile

I don't bother with handbooks as the fleet is changing all of the time. Next Summer the fleet won't be the same as in the handbook. 

(16 Nov 2014, 4:59 pm)Tom I don't bother with handbooks as the fleet is changing all of the time. Next Summer the fleet won't be the same as in the handbook. 

I know the fleet will be different, but it isn't exactly going totally rip apart and be completely different, is it? There'll still be some things unchanged.

(16 Nov 2014, 5:01 pm)Marcus I know the fleet will be different, but it isn't exactly going totally rip apart and be completely different, is it? There'll still be some things unchanged.

In the Lakes yes.
The allocations are never set e.g one day the 505 can be a Dart and a Strider, the next it can be two Solos. There are also quite a few changes depending on which season as well, a lot of buses transfer away from Kendal in the Winter.

(16 Nov 2014, 5:09 pm)Tom In the Lakes yes.
The allocations are never set e.g one day the 505 can be a Dart and a Strider, the next it can be two Solos. There are also quite a few changes depending on which season as well, a lot of buses transfer away from Kendal in the Winter.

But not necessarily for EYMS & SEM?

Would the book not have some sort of note that the allocations will change according to the seasons, etc.?

(16 Nov 2014, 5:12 pm)Marcus But not necessarily for EYMS & SEM?

Would the book not have some sort of note that the allocations will change according to the seasons, etc.?

I was mainly referring to Stagecoach in Cumbria.
I don't know, possibly. But they often change.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 16 Nov 2014

(16 Nov 2014, 5:12 pm)Marcus But not necessarily for EYMS & SEM?

EYMS have recently binned a lot of their Olympians but do produce fleet updates on their website each week or so.
Stagecoach East Midlands are in the process of taking delivery of a large batch of E200s at Grimsby which will probably see off a lot of elderly Darts.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 17 Nov 2014

Whats making me happy right now...

Pissing off a One Direction Fan on Youtube Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 17 Nov 2014

Actually managing to get up no bother and having enough energy to get me through three lessons! Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 17 Nov 2014

Start of my little German adventure today as I'm getting the train at half 11 to Manchester Airport ready to fly out to Munich tomorrow morning. Will probably have a quick run round Altrincham etc tonight.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 17 Nov 2014

Whats making me happy right now...

Pissing off a One Direction Fan on Youtube
1D fans are really annoying, did you get any death threats from them, some of the threats are quite brutal and incredibly violent considering most of their fans are like 12.

I'm off to Leeds this evening to see Jack White.

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 17 Nov 2014

(17 Nov 2014, 11:25 am)Jimmi 1D fans are really annoying, did you get any death threats from them, some of the threats are quite brutal and incredibly violent considering most of their fans are like 12.

I'm off to Leeds this evening to see Jack White.
Nah, not had death threats yet, but I have been warned about bad mouthing 1D, they are vicious I know, look at the trouble Gabby Agbonlahor got because he nearly crippled Louis Tomlinson in a charity match...

All I say to that is, lets meet up and say it to my face Big Grin

Baiting little 1D fangirls should be considered an art lol

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 17 Nov 2014

Guy at Monument Metro playing random tunes while waiting for metro after a small Xmas price hunt in Newcastle p.s he cannot sing but I enjoy this enthusiasm and old classic folk tunes last time I heard a folk tune was space oddity by David Bowie

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 20 Nov 2014

Northumbria Water. Came in tonight to a letter from them, telling me they're refunding £110, because I've used less water than I've paid for.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - DanPicken - 20 Nov 2014

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=741707359243687&set=vb.100978706649892&type=2&theater

Girl in my school.

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 20 Nov 2014

(20 Nov 2014, 6:32 pm)danpick https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=741707359243687&set=vb.100978706649892&type=2&theater

Girl in my school.
Thats brilliant...wish her a speedy recovery and hope she hits her target on her just giving page Big Grin