North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 02 Feb 2015

(02 Feb 2015, 11:17 am)leestransportphotos I agree with you, it's not a shithole. It's a beautiful place with great people But unfortunately I cant go whilst I'm with Davie because he Has somthing against the place  He'll go to Sunderland and he said that's a shithole haha
He wont goto Durham, but he'll goto Sunderland...

Thats like saying you wont goto Fencehouses, but you will happily come to Murton

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 02 Feb 2015

I don't mind Durham. The area around the bus station is a bit manky and could leave a nasty first impression, but if you venture elsewhere, then it's really quite nice.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 02 Feb 2015

If you's want to see a real shithole jump on the 5/5A and look at Eldon and if you're on the 5A Jubilee Estate in Shildon is pretty rough too.

(02 Feb 2015, 11:47 am)Jimmi If you's want to see a real shithole jump on the 5/5A and look at Eldon and if you're on the 5A Jubilee Estate is pretty rough too.
Add Easington Lane and Parkside in Seaham to the list of shitholes

(02 Feb 2015, 11:48 am)MrFozz Add Easington Lane and Parkside in Seaham to the list of shitholes

Haven't seen either of those.

Isn't Blyth highly regarded as a shithole.

I think Wheatley Hill and Thornley are at the top of my list of rough places. Port Clarence isn't exactly nice either - nearly got bitten of a dog once there.

(02 Feb 2015, 11:50 am)MurdnunoC I think Wheatley Hill and Thornley are at the top of my list of rough places. Port Clarence isn't exactly nice either - nearly got bitten of a dog once there.
I guess the 22 out of Durham wont be high on your to-do list then mate

Most of that area, Murton included, is one big deprived turdhole

(02 Feb 2015, 11:52 am)MrFozz I guess the 22 out of Durham wont be high on your to-do list then mate

Most of that area, Murton included, is one big deprived turdhole

Done the 22, yes its rough. The 21 used to go through Wheatley Hill and it was a hole then too.

Also done the 265 through Murton.

(02 Feb 2015, 11:57 am)Jimmi Done the 22, yes its rough. The 21 used to go through Wheatley Hill and it was a hole then too.

Only done 22 once to Dalton Park from Durham after I missed the 265, about 65/70 minutes of my life I will never get back...it goes through some pretty shitty places mind lol...

Some places in Sunderland are quite rough, I will start with Hendon and Pennywell

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 02 Feb 2015

(02 Feb 2015, 11:57 am)Jimmi Done the 22, yes its rough. The 21 used to go through Wheatley Hill and it was a hole then too.

You have had a lucky escape - turns left or right (depending in which direction you went in), at the bottom of Easington Lane

(02 Feb 2015, 12:01 pm)MrFozz Only done 22 once to Dalton Park from Durham after I missed the 265, about 65/70 minutes of my life I will never get back...it goes through some pretty shitty places mind lol...

Some places in Sunderland are quite rough, I will start with Hendon and Pennywell

Not explored Sunderland.

The 22 does go through some rough holes, I much preferred the 24 route when it to Sunderland and I often used to get an ALX400 Double decker where as the 22 is solid Pulsar.

(02 Feb 2015, 11:50 am)MurdnunoC I think Wheatley Hill and Thornley are at the top of my list of rough places. Port Clarence isn't exactly nice either - nearly got bitten of a dog once there.

Was tempted to say something about the locals in Port Clarence, but better not.
Too the wrong slip road off the M8 once - Govan and Ibrox aren't the most scenic of places. Beat a quick uturn!

(02 Feb 2015, 12:09 pm)Andreos1 Was tempted to say something about the locals in Port Clarence, but better not.
Too the wrong slip road off the M8 once - Govan and Ibrox aren't the most scenic of places. Beat a quick uturn!
Is that Rab C Nesbitt is from?

Went to Easter Road in Leith years ago to a Hibs match and that looked rough

(02 Feb 2015, 12:09 pm)Andreos1 Was tempted to say something about the locals in Port Clarence, but better not.

Yup.

In late 2003 I was employed as a supervisor to a team of leaflet distributors (some of whom were pretty rough). I sometimes had to assist with leafleting and did so in Port Clarence. So here I was, traversing the streets and I came across a pack of dogs. None of them seemed participially aggressive, so I continued past them. One of the dogs strolled up to me, sniffed me, then proceeded to have a go at my kneecap in the most casual, non-aggressive manner possible. I whacked the dog across the nose with a bottle of pop and it casually strolled away.

(02 Feb 2015, 12:31 pm)MurdnunoC Yup.

In late 2003 I was employed as a supervisor to a team of leaflet distributors (some of whom were pretty rough). I sometimes had to assist with leafleting and did so in Port Clarence. So here I was, traversing the streets and I came across a pack of dogs. None of them seemed participially aggressive, so I continued past them. One of the dogs strolled up to me, sniffed me, then proceeded to have a go at my kneecap in the most casual, non-aggressive manner possible. I whacked the dog across the nose with a bottle of pop and it casually strolled away.
Not like my mates dog, casually strolled up to me and pissed on my leg

(02 Feb 2015, 12:11 pm)MrFozz Is that Rab C Nesbitt is from?

Went to Easter Road in Leith years ago to a Hibs match and that looked rough
It may be. I know wherever he is from, is made to look less than salubrious, but not sure 100% if they film there.
(02 Feb 2015, 12:31 pm)MurdnunoC Yup.

Do you have something that makes your kneecaps attractive to dogs?

(02 Feb 2015, 12:37 pm)Andreos1 It may be. I know wherever he is from, is made to look less than salubrious, but not sure 100% if they film there.
Do you have something that makes your kneecaps attractive to dogs?

No idea. It hasn't happened since so I presume not.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 02 Feb 2015

Got some decent snow! Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 02 Feb 2015

(02 Feb 2015, 5:27 pm)Dan Got some decent snow! Smile

I hope it snows all night, means i can leave later and have an excuse why i'm late haha Tongue 

(02 Feb 2015, 5:37 pm)Michael I hope it snows all night, means i can leave later and have an excuse why i'm late haha Tongue 

We still have a bit of slush and ice from when it snowed last week, which was quite awful when I was trying to walk to School Aycliffe for a shot of the Primo on the 17 and some of the paths were like ice skating, although it didn't help that I left the house late and then had to go the bloddy long way round because the bridge appeared to be broken. And after all that rushing it turned up late.

Think I'm in the wrong thread...